Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins 08:43 - Nov 30 with 13589 viewsunstableblue

Looks like May’s deal will fail in a few weeks to get through parliament. Too many MPs publicly stating opposition and Labour has no direction.

May will probably then go. And our finances and economy will be thrown into turmoil and further uncertainty and stalled investment.

Amusingly some of the whips are stating MPs will miss Christmas if they dismiss what May has on the table. And too bloody right. No MP or senior government person should have any time off currently we are in a shambles.

The voice for no deal, complete drop out, and ‘reverting’ to WTO rules grows louder, the siren call for Brexiteers who offer no workable solution. WTO rules is not a workable solution (see article link below), and indeed many leavers used to dismiss it as a non starter:
https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/blog/uk-cant-rely-wto-rules-soften-blo

It’s a cl@sterf@ck that completely damages our country. Whilst we should be out in the world selling our creativity and energy to new markets AS a part of the EU, an entry point into the EU. The balance of power is shifting to the East and France and Germany are
Out there selling large... undistracted by Brexit.

Another superpower who chose an isolationist agenda, the USA is similarly missing the boat...
India and China are flexing, selling hard into Africa, South America, and Asia... often centred on German kit (for how long?)... whilst US-A crippled by its own debt, failing infrastructure and huge social divide further harms itself with unworkable tariffs and a racist persona.

The Trump lies are coming home to roost - his agenda of anti immigration and tub thumping patriotism (sounds like our Leave campaign) was never any good for the American people, even his base. But it won’t be his sympathy for the hard right or his climate change denial, or his perpetual lying and demonising of the media that will be his downfall.

It’ll be his greed and his dodgy dealings with women and non-disclosure agreements. And to think many in the UK look on Trump as some exemplar.

And of course he was to be our Brexit saviour - which he has reneged on. An orange, serial liar, misogynistic seleflish man who counts Farage as his friend was never going to one to build a strategy on.

Ahem....
Don’t know where that all came from.. time for a lie down.
If only our team was doing well - we’d all be immune to external concerns!!
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 8:55]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:16 - Nov 30 with 3007 viewscaught-in-limbo

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:01 - Nov 30 by SpruceMoose

Thought that might grab your attention.

The whole thread is just hilarious. Your comment stood out as being especially funny. You haven't answered my question because you can't actually provide an intelligent evidence-based answer.

I'll answer for you if you like, but please feel free to add to it if you can.

Which outside country interfered with the Brexit referendum: Russia.

Why did Russia interfere with Brexit: Russia.

How did Russia interfere with Brexit: Russia.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:18 - Nov 30 with 3004 viewsWithnail

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 15:04 - Nov 30 by SpruceMoose

Yep, I never wanted one. People on both sides couldn't be trusted to put aside their preconceptions, let alone realistically understand what the hell was even being offered. I include myself in that.

Cameron can burn in the same fiery hell as Thatcher and Blair when his time comes as far as I'm concerned. He's wrecked the futures of the next generation.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 15:04]

You never wanted one in the first place... But now you want another referendum, sorry, 'peoples vote'?

Loser talk. Get over it.
on 16:19 - Nov 30 with 3000 views_

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 15:51 - Nov 30 by chicoazul

BTW I do not understand at all why Remainers arent whole-heartedly behind the May deal.

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:29 - Nov 30 with 2987 viewsSpruceMoose

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:18 - Nov 30 by Withnail

You never wanted one in the first place... But now you want another referendum, sorry, 'peoples vote'?

Loser talk. Get over it.

Well following your logic, if we end up with a second referendum, seeing as you don't want one, I look forward to hearing about how you stayed at home and didn't vote.

You'll do that, right?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:34 - Nov 30 with 2971 viewsSpruceMoose

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:16 - Nov 30 by caught-in-limbo

The whole thread is just hilarious. Your comment stood out as being especially funny. You haven't answered my question because you can't actually provide an intelligent evidence-based answer.

You of all people asking for evidence is hysterical. Thanks for that one, that gave me a good chuckle.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:35 - Nov 30 with 2970 viewsWithnail

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:29 - Nov 30 by SpruceMoose

Well following your logic, if we end up with a second referendum, seeing as you don't want one, I look forward to hearing about how you stayed at home and didn't vote.

You'll do that, right?

There isn't going to be another referendum. We already voted to leave.

We won. Get over it.
Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:37 - Nov 30 with 2962 viewsSpruceMoose

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:35 - Nov 30 by Withnail

We won. Get over it.

Ok bub, you may be right, you may be wrong. Time will tell.

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:38 - Nov 30 with 2958 viewscaught-in-limbo

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:34 - Nov 30 by SpruceMoose

You of all people asking for evidence is hysterical. Thanks for that one, that gave me a good chuckle.

Nothing then. Just as I said.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Login to get fewer ads

on 16:41 - Nov 30 with 2951 views_

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 15:27 - Nov 30 by Jonnosdreadlocks

'normalised lying';. hmmh, like Bill Clinton? Oh wait, he was a saint who did not inhale. The great thing about Trump is that 'his fanatical fanbase' as you put it are the blue collar working class of all ethnicities white, black, hispanic. He piss es off the left Hollywood media luvvies because of his abrupt nature and its great just like the US economy is now despite all the sniping from the MSM. Deplorable that someone would want to put their country first than bend over and be run by the likes of the EU. Wish we had a leader like that than career politicians like the Maybot and Comrad Corbyn who would stab their own grannies if it meant power, putting their pathetic parties ahead of what the majority of people voted for, changing their tune every 5 minutes.

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:46 - Nov 30 with 2928 viewsHerbivore

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:35 - Nov 30 by Withnail

We won. Get over it.

Nobody won.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:47 - Nov 30 with 2930 viewsPinewoodblue

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:18 - Nov 30 by Withnail

Loser talk. Get over it.

Didn't want one
Didn't like result
Wants another one

If he doesn't like result he will no doubt blame the wording of the question and demand another one

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:07 - Nov 30 with 2897 viewsSpruceMoose

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:47 - Nov 30 by Pinewoodblue

Didn't want one
Didn't like result
Wants another one

If he doesn't like result he will no doubt blame the wording of the question and demand another one

Another poster who can't read.

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:07 - Nov 30 with 2897 viewsBogblue

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 09:18 - Nov 30 by Weekender

Good post

If May goes I am not sure what difference it would make. Conservatives wont call an election and regardless EU wont renegotiate.

There appears to be a cross party amendment on the way to try and rule out no deal. As you say 'reverting' to WTO is a misnomer. WTO is not a ready made system the UK can default to.

At the moment it appears we are heading for May's deal (via a second vote if first isn't to one sided), a back up Norway option, a second referendum (although surely would need to include no deal option with the risk that us plebs might choose that) or remain (but how could they do that without a second referendum?)

A cl@sterf@ck indeed!

Its a cl@sterf@ck because hardly any of our politicians is able to look past their own narrow party lines and ambition to work together for the good of the nation. Bunch of tesspots
Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:29 - Nov 30 with 2880 viewsgiant_stow

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 16:16 - Nov 30 by caught-in-limbo

This is interesting and you might have missed it because its MSM:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/25/why-wont-nigel-farage-answer-my

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:35 - Nov 30 with 2871 viewsgiant_stow

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 15:53 - Nov 30 by lowhouseblue

yes you do. it's because they still think they can overturn the referendum that they lost.

Some of us remainers care about sovereignty believe it or not, and this deal dilutes that right the fck down. I certainly don't know why a leaver would support it (as some seem to), unless all they cared about was stopping europeans from coming here.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:40 - Nov 30 with 2860 viewsRyorry

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:35 - Nov 30 by giant_stow

Some of us remainers care about sovereignty believe it or not, and this deal dilutes that right the fck down. I certainly don't know why a leaver would support it (as some seem to), unless all they cared about was stopping europeans from coming here.

Can you clarify how this deal dilutes our sovereignty please?

Must admit I cannot keep up with the all the complexities, twists & turns of everything going on Brexit-wise (or should that be Brexit-stupid?!). In fact, does anyone really understand it all?!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:50 - Nov 30 with 2848 viewsgiant_stow

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:40 - Nov 30 by Ryorry

Can you clarify how this deal dilutes our sovereignty please?

Must admit I cannot keep up with the all the complexities, twists & turns of everything going on Brexit-wise (or should that be Brexit-stupid?!). In fact, does anyone really understand it all?!

Gulp - on the spot now!

The backstop bit means that we would have to take rules from the EU to stay in the customs union, without any say in creating those rules.

We wouldn't be able to leave the backstop without agreement from the EU - also a huge loss of sovereignty - we'd be stuck potentially for ever. Having said that, I don't understand what stops a future uk govt from just saying 'fck you'? Maybe comeback from the EU...don't know.

Lastly, that backstop threat will hang over negotiations on the trade discussions in the next 2 years. Macron has already more or less said that if there's no giving in on fisheries, then he will keep the UK in the backstop (i think each country would have a veto on this - again not sure). So in affect the 'negotiations' would be a series of controlled climb-downs by us giving them everything they ask for under threat of future vassalage (one word I believe the brexiters are sometimes right to use)

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:50 - Nov 30 with 2846 viewsSeablu

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 15:27 - Nov 30 by Jonnosdreadlocks

'normalised lying';. hmmh, like Bill Clinton? Oh wait, he was a saint who did not inhale. The great thing about Trump is that 'his fanatical fanbase' as you put it are the blue collar working class of all ethnicities white, black, hispanic. He piss es off the left Hollywood media luvvies because of his abrupt nature and its great just like the US economy is now despite all the sniping from the MSM. Deplorable that someone would want to put their country first than bend over and be run by the likes of the EU. Wish we had a leader like that than career politicians like the Maybot and Comrad Corbyn who would stab their own grannies if it meant power, putting their pathetic parties ahead of what the majority of people voted for, changing their tune every 5 minutes.

Blimey, Jonno's a Trumpette.
Who'd have thought?
Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:51 - Nov 30 with 2842 viewsSpruceMoose

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:50 - Nov 30 by Seablu

Who'd have thought?

Not Jonno. He's never had a thought in his life.

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:54 - Nov 30 with 2840 viewswkj

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:50 - Nov 30 by Seablu

Who'd have thought?

Next you'll be telling me J2 managed to make something awful out of eggs

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:55 - Nov 30 with 2839 viewswkj

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:51 - Nov 30 by SpruceMoose

Not Jonno. He's never had a thought in his life.

Hello babe, you managed to rile up any shoe fanatical cabbies lately?

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:57 - Nov 30 with 2837 viewsSpruceMoose

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:55 - Nov 30 by wkj

Hello babe, you managed to rile up any shoe fanatical cabbies lately?

I've got more gammon on the hook than an abattoir, mate.

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:59 - Nov 30 with 2835 viewswkj

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:57 - Nov 30 by SpruceMoose

I've got more gammon on the hook than an abattoir, mate.

I didn't realise 3 old Swedish pop groups loved pork that much

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 18:11 - Nov 30 with 2818 viewsRyorry

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 17:50 - Nov 30 by giant_stow

Gulp - on the spot now!

The backstop bit means that we would have to take rules from the EU to stay in the customs union, without any say in creating those rules.

We wouldn't be able to leave the backstop without agreement from the EU - also a huge loss of sovereignty - we'd be stuck potentially for ever. Having said that, I don't understand what stops a future uk govt from just saying 'fck you'? Maybe comeback from the EU...don't know.

Lastly, that backstop threat will hang over negotiations on the trade discussions in the next 2 years. Macron has already more or less said that if there's no giving in on fisheries, then he will keep the UK in the backstop (i think each country would have a veto on this - again not sure). So in affect the 'negotiations' would be a series of controlled climb-downs by us giving them everything they ask for under threat of future vassalage (one word I believe the brexiters are sometimes right to use)

Think I've got that, thanks.

I do now remember seeing something by a respected journo (can't recall who) along the lines that we'd literally never be able to leave under one particular deal - would be legally locked in forever, which rather horrified me!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Brexit cl@sterf@ck thoughts #13,432; Trump downfall begins on 18:11 - Nov 30 with 2815 viewschicoazul

on 16:19 - Nov 30 by _

Would such a thing be fair though? As in literally within the boundaries of old fashioned English fair play. We had a referendum we had a result and this deal delivers on that result.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024