Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drone arrests sweepstake 13:27 - Dec 22 with 6843 viewsLord_Lucan

Bound to be vegans.

I really wonder what sentence they will get, it's an odd one.

I'm going for 7 years.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Drone arrests sweepstake on 15:52 - Dec 22 with 1521 viewsjontysnut

I blame Pongo Twistleton, Bingo Little, Stilton Cheeswright, Bertie Wooster and the rest of the Drones Club. Jeeves should have a hard word.
Drone arrests sweepstake on 16:02 - Dec 22 with 1511 viewsSE1blue

Telegraph has just revealed their identities.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Drone arrests sweepstake on 16:06 - Dec 22 with 1501 viewsGuthrum

Drone arrests sweepstake on 15:49 - Dec 22 by Wewillwin

As I said above: you'd need to fly the drone near a flying plain! It would be easy to avoid the flight path and fly lower than a plain even approaching or departing a runway. Still shutting the airport without endangering. The airport has to close if there's a potential danger; not actual
Your post has nothing to do with people causing disruption at an airports, for its own purpose. To be fair this is a first of this nature
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 15:55]

But these people weren't trying to avoid anything. They were going right across the flightpath. And at night.

Moreover you'd have to know what route they were bringing aircraft in, the angle of approach. When landing or during takeoff, the 'plane is at ground level. Even having an object suddenly catch the pilot's eye is dangerous.

Flying a drone anywhere near an airport is potentially endangering aircraft, however much you might like it not to be.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Drone arrests sweepstake on 16:15 - Dec 22 with 1487 viewsWewillwin

Drone arrests sweepstake on 16:06 - Dec 22 by Guthrum

But these people weren't trying to avoid anything. They were going right across the flightpath. And at night.

Moreover you'd have to know what route they were bringing aircraft in, the angle of approach. When landing or during takeoff, the 'plane is at ground level. Even having an object suddenly catch the pilot's eye is dangerous.

Flying a drone anywhere near an airport is potentially endangering aircraft, however much you might like it not to be.

The images I've seen are that it was flying less than the hight of a large house and a short distance from the airfield. So not dangerous in anyway to a plain, but still kept the airport closed. As it was potentially dangerous... it's the potential that meant the airport had to close. And while closed it's not dangerous at any hight anyway; as plains are avoiding the area...
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 16:17]
Drone arrests sweepstake on 16:20 - Dec 22 with 1472 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Drone arrests sweepstake on 15:49 - Dec 22 by Wewillwin

As I said above: you'd need to fly the drone near a flying plain! It would be easy to avoid the flight path and fly lower than a plain even approaching or departing a runway. Still shutting the airport without endangering. The airport has to close if there's a potential danger; not actual
Your post has nothing to do with people causing disruption at an airports, for its own purpose. To be fair this is a first of this nature
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 15:55]

How does this conviction fit in?

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/devon-teacher-stansted-15-found-231256

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Drone arrests sweepstake on 16:54 - Dec 22 with 1442 viewsWewillwin

Drone arrests sweepstake on 16:20 - Dec 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

How does this conviction fit in?

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/devon-teacher-stansted-15-found-231256

I agree with you that they'll be charged with the same/similar offences. However, neither they or your example really endanger, they are being punished for the disruption and the rest is sh1t
Drone arrests sweepstake on 16:59 - Dec 22 with 1435 viewsGeoffSentence

Hold on a mo, they've been arrested but what about, and this does sometimes happen, what about if the police have got it wrong.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/22/gatwick-drone-identities-arrested-co

A window fitter, whose boss says it can't be him as he was at work at the time, and people who know them expressing surprise that they would do such a thing.

Stil 50/50 for me that the old bill have the rigth people.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Drone arrests sweepstake on 17:54 - Dec 22 with 1389 viewsgilo1973

Drone arrests sweepstake on 16:59 - Dec 22 by GeoffSentence

Hold on a mo, they've been arrested but what about, and this does sometimes happen, what about if the police have got it wrong.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/22/gatwick-drone-identities-arrested-co

A window fitter, whose boss says it can't be him as he was at work at the time, and people who know them expressing surprise that they would do such a thing.

Stil 50/50 for me that the old bill have the rigth people.

new suspects just named!
https://www.facebook.com/TheEyeOfSourRon/photos/a.252537404847912/16711755896507

Poll: What price do you think match tickets should start at? (Adult)

Login to get fewer ads

Drone arrests sweepstake on 00:08 - Dec 23 with 1333 viewswitchdoctor

Drone arrests sweepstake on 16:15 - Dec 22 by Wewillwin

The images I've seen are that it was flying less than the hight of a large house and a short distance from the airfield. So not dangerous in anyway to a plain, but still kept the airport closed. As it was potentially dangerous... it's the potential that meant the airport had to close. And while closed it's not dangerous at any hight anyway; as plains are avoiding the area...
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 16:17]

3 times now...the word you are looking for is plane!
Drone arrests sweepstake on 00:30 - Dec 23 with 1315 viewsjeera

Drone arrests sweepstake on 00:08 - Dec 23 by witchdoctor

Well, that was plain to see.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Drone arrests sweepstake on 00:34 - Dec 23 with 1312 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Drone arrests sweepstake on 00:30 - Dec 23 by jeera

Well, that was plain to see.

He is just being plane silly.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Drone arrests sweepstake on 10:34 - Dec 23 with 1218 viewsWewillwin

Drone arrests sweepstake on 00:08 - Dec 23 by witchdoctor

Lol ☺
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024