Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trevoh Chalobah - well done 18:57 - Dec 22 with 3416 viewscambblue

He did well today. Grew into the game and ended it one of the best for the town. Certainly led out of the rest of the midfield. Put his body in the way, and really got involved. A couple of lovely touches on the turn and showed his potential. Well done.

Felt for Andre. For him to shine he needs someone next to him with real physical presence to allow him to play. Too thinly spread having to do both physical and creative side and not currently able to do both in the game given his size, and physical stature is experience. I think his place is coming on when the middle starts to tire.
Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:03 - Dec 22 with 3385 viewschristiand

Completely agree about Chalobah, but have no doubt others will be critical. I think they expect him to be perfect each and every game because he is contracted to Chelsea. Dozzell showed some good touches and seems to have that extra time on the ball that quality players possess. Still think he's feeling his way back and after such a long lay off it will take time, he'll get there though.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:08 - Dec 22 with 3368 viewsGarv

I'm afraid he is just another young player who has been overrated from the start and had too much expectation put on him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:09 - Dec 22 with 3362 viewsnshearman1

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:03 - Dec 22 by christiand

Completely agree about Chalobah, but have no doubt others will be critical. I think they expect him to be perfect each and every game because he is contracted to Chelsea. Dozzell showed some good touches and seems to have that extra time on the ball that quality players possess. Still think he's feeling his way back and after such a long lay off it will take time, he'll get there though.

Didn't see the game but I've been surprised at the level of criticism that's been aimed at Chalobah. He's a young lad mainly thought of as a CH before he came here, and he's patently had quality from Day 1. I was surprised Dozzell was given a start today in a midfield without Skuse or Downes, against a pretty hefty side, didn't feel like the right kind of game to start him in.
Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:11 - Dec 22 with 3347 viewschristiand

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:08 - Dec 22 by Garv

I'm afraid he is just another young player who has been overrated from the start and had too much expectation put on him.

Not sure you can say overrated, he's growing into this team and getting better. Many seem to forget it's his first season playing first team football, he's not a seasoned professional.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:29 - Dec 22 with 3281 viewsBlueBadger

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:08 - Dec 22 by Garv

He's no Andy Drury, that's for sure.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:33 - Dec 22 with 3268 viewsHerbivore

Thought he was excellent today. Possibly the first time he's really played the role he's being asked to play consistently for a full 90 minutes. Very mature performance. His booking was an absolute joke as well and I'm still working out how they didn't get a red card for sticking him up in the air off the ball.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:40 - Dec 22 with 3231 viewsGarv

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:11 - Dec 22 by christiand

Not sure you can say overrated, he's growing into this team and getting better. Many seem to forget it's his first season playing first team football, he's not a seasoned professional.

That's sort of my point in a way. Many were pinning hopes on him being our shining lights this season, which was ridiculous.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:59 - Dec 22 with 3176 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:09 - Dec 22 by nshearman1

Didn't see the game but I've been surprised at the level of criticism that's been aimed at Chalobah. He's a young lad mainly thought of as a CH before he came here, and he's patently had quality from Day 1. I was surprised Dozzell was given a start today in a midfield without Skuse or Downes, against a pretty hefty side, didn't feel like the right kind of game to start him in.

Certainly wasn't Andre's game. I believe Ted was starting today if he hadn't fallen ill, so Andre was starting in his place.
Login to get fewer ads

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 20:02 - Dec 22 with 3165 viewsArnieM

The kid was bloody outstanding today in all honesty, and he’s only 19yrs old. I wish we could sign him ( not a chance I know ).

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 20:04 - Dec 22 with 3159 viewsPJH

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:33 - Dec 22 by Herbivore

Thought he was excellent today. Possibly the first time he's really played the role he's being asked to play consistently for a full 90 minutes. Very mature performance. His booking was an absolute joke as well and I'm still working out how they didn't get a red card for sticking him up in the air off the ball.

Chalobah was my MOTM today, followed by Knudsen(if I am allowed to post that).
Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 20:05 - Dec 22 with 3153 viewsHerbivore

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 20:04 - Dec 22 by PJH

Yeah, I'd make Chalobah MoM today. Thought Harrison was very good too, lovely goal and won a fair bit. Considering it was his first start in 3 months he was impressive.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 20:24 - Dec 22 with 3106 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

MOM today in my view,
Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 20:32 - Dec 22 with 3071 viewsChiefXL

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:29 - Dec 22 by BlueBadger

He's no Andy Drury, that's for sure.

Andy Drury was no Tony Dinning
Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 05:38 - Dec 23 with 2853 viewstextbackup

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 20:04 - Dec 22 by PJH

Other than going against the grain what on earth from JKs preformance stood out to have you rate him so highly yesterday? He wasn't poor, that I agree with, but certainly did nothing out of the ordinary, would have picked 6/7 players ahead of him easily as MOTM

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 09:28 - Dec 23 with 2752 viewsLankHenners

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 05:38 - Dec 23 by textbackup

Other than going against the grain what on earth from JKs preformance stood out to have you rate him so highly yesterday? He wasn't poor, that I agree with, but certainly did nothing out of the ordinary, would have picked 6/7 players ahead of him easily as MOTM

Quite, he was solid defensively but his use of the ball was, on the whole, utterly woeful. He never seems to be able to judge how much time he has - he either thinks he's got no time at all so just bangs it away without thinking, or he thinks he's got plenty of time and ends up getting pressured and forced into making a rash pass which concedes possession.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 09:32 - Dec 23 with 2735 viewsPJH

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 05:38 - Dec 23 by textbackup

Opinions eh?

I was not going against the grain just stating my opinion that other than Chalobah Knudsen was our best player although I suppose I could have said any of Gerken, Chambers, Penington or Nolan.
In my opinion those six had what I would call good games as opposed to the other five having average games.
If asked to put those six in order I would and have put Knudsen second.
Knudsen did nothing exceptional other than one very good defensive header but generally had a good game-in my opinion.
Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 09:42 - Dec 23 with 2705 viewsEly_Blue

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 19:33 - Dec 22 by Herbivore

Chalobah put in a very mature performance that’s for sure, after the booking in the first half there were plenty of times in the 2nd half where many a 19 year old would have gone in for a tackle and got a 2nd yellow, you could see him actively thinking “can’t lunge in and make the tackle I want to”. Very mature but also uses his body well to try and shield the ball without making a tackle. He can make some good surging runs too

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 09:57 - Dec 23 with 2667 viewslowhouseblue

his use of the ball is utterly dreadful and was one of the reasons we were under so much pressure and could never retain possession. he is strong, physical and can hold people off, but his distribution (including flicking the ball over his head and generally playing the ball without looking) reminds me of that player we had many many years ago whose legs weren't the same length (who was that?).

(edit: pennyfather)
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 10:19]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 10:22 - Dec 23 with 2621 viewstextbackup

Trevoh Chalobah - well done on 09:28 - Dec 23 by LankHenners

Quite, he was solid defensively but his use of the ball was, on the whole, utterly woeful. He never seems to be able to judge how much time he has - he either thinks he's got no time at all so just bangs it away without thinking, or he thinks he's got plenty of time and ends up getting pressured and forced into making a rash pass which concedes possession.

this is the thing, ive said many times that he lacks a footballing brain, he makes the wrong choice so often.(easy to say from the stands I know) but from yesterday alone the ball was smashed up so high and he was under pressure, he decided to try and bring it down (a positive move) but he just hasn't the quality to do it, a header back into the danger area would have been better..... 5 mins later ball comes at him chest height with no1 near him and heads it straight out of play.....
2/3 times in second half he has players pointing for him to go on the overlap and he's game watching, the time he does over lap the ball in is poor.

its not scapegoating, its not picking on him, its noticing all these things and wondering why people rave about such a substandard player.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024