Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR guy in the hat. 10:02 - Dec 27 with 12055 viewscombsblue

Hi - the QPR fan that wears the hat and sits on the left was there as usual yesterday. He always gets a lot of stick and gives it back, normal stuff, all good. But yesterday he seemed to be getting a lot of stick about his immigration status etc. Some of the stuff being shouted from the left hand side of the away end seemed borderline racist to me. I'm not sensitive, don't want to talk politics and think it is a legit point of view (albeit not one i share) to think the country needs to have better control of immigration. Did anyone else think this? I was mortified to be among some of the folks, wish I'd said something. Don't want my kids hearing this.
QPR guy in the hat. on 10:10 - Dec 27 with 8071 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Surely any racist / immigration comments would come from the right?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

QPR guy in the hat. on 12:12 - Dec 27 with 7859 viewsOldsmoker

If you've lived as long as I have then you come to realise that in the UK any change takes years to happen. Then suddenly, some as-per-usual incident happens but this time the press go nuts and things get done. Don't ask me why this time it was different except it was.
I'm hoping that the next enough-is-enough topic is Universal Credit. The stories regarding Government indifference, Food banks, homelessness, dying on the streets etc. doesn't seem to have registered with the general public yet but it will.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

QPR guy in the hat. on 12:30 - Dec 27 with 7808 viewsBenters2

I like him.

Did he cry?
QPR guy in the hat. on 15:13 - Dec 27 with 7640 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

The flag draped over the front of the hoardings in front of his seat is the Moroccan national flag. I would assume he is from Moroccan descent.
There is no excuse for any racist abuse, borderline or otherwise, but apart from a few choruses of "who,s the wan@er in the hat" and some cat calls, didn,t hear anything about his ethnicity. Not doubting you heard what you did btw.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

QPR guy in the hat. on 16:33 - Dec 27 with 7529 viewsBenters2

QPR guy in the hat. on 15:13 - Dec 27 by StochesStotasBlewe

The flag draped over the front of the hoardings in front of his seat is the Moroccan national flag. I would assume he is from Moroccan descent.
There is no excuse for any racist abuse, borderline or otherwise, but apart from a few choruses of "who,s the wan@er in the hat" and some cat calls, didn,t hear anything about his ethnicity. Not doubting you heard what you did btw.

Another case of our precious fans wanting to hear something that wasn’t said.

I always give him a friendly wave bless him.
QPR guy in the hat. on 16:42 - Dec 27 with 7506 viewsmonytowbray

QPR guy in the hat. on 15:13 - Dec 27 by StochesStotasBlewe

There was a very short lived attenpt at a “build a wall” chant and that was the only thing I heard that I’m deem a bit harsh.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

QPR guy in the hat. on 16:48 - Dec 27 with 7487 viewsfooters

QPR guy in the hat. on 16:42 - Dec 27 by monytowbray

There was a very short lived attenpt at a “build a wall” chant and that was the only thing I heard that I’m deem a bit harsh.

I wonder where one would build a wall to keep Morrocans out of the UK?

Certainly seen an increase in hookahs, pickled lemons and tagines of late.

Hmmm.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

QPR guy in the hat. on 16:49 - Dec 27 with 7480 viewsmonytowbray

QPR guy in the hat. on 16:48 - Dec 27 by footers

I wonder where one would build a wall to keep Morrocans out of the UK?

Certainly seen an increase in hookahs, pickled lemons and tagines of late.

Hmmm.

Pickled lemons are a thing? Ewww.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

QPR guy in the hat. on 16:50 - Dec 27 with 7471 viewsfooters

QPR guy in the hat. on 16:49 - Dec 27 by monytowbray

Pickled lemons are a thing? Ewww.

You're getting a downvote for that.

#pickledcitruscrew

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

QPR guy in the hat. on 16:52 - Dec 27 with 7460 viewsmonytowbray

QPR guy in the hat. on 16:50 - Dec 27 by footers

You're getting a downvote for that.

#pickledcitruscrew

Just sounds grim. Now pickled walnuts, now there’s a preserved food I can back.

TWTD never forgets…

QPR guy in the hat. on 17:43 - Dec 27 with 7362 viewsTJS

I didn’t hear anything worse than a bit of banter about not understanding him. Really nothing to see here.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 17:43]
QPR guy in the hat. on 19:06 - Dec 27 with 7224 viewsbluelagos

Was sat quite close. Thought it was a lot better than last year tbh. He certainly enjoys getting the QPR fans going with his rattle.

*Clearly if any racist shyte was sang, that would be bang out of order.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

QPR guy in the hat. on 22:01 - Dec 27 with 7028 viewscombsblue

QPR guy in the hat. on 19:06 - Dec 27 by bluelagos

Was sat quite close. Thought it was a lot better than last year tbh. He certainly enjoys getting the QPR fans going with his rattle.

*Clearly if any racist shyte was sang, that would be bang out of order.

It was more just the speak English, you’re an illegal immigrant, f@ck off you immigrant. How did you get here, on a boat. Go home. That kinda stuff. I feel like it was worse at the time and I’m not portraying properly. But perhaps I’m wrong and just projecting my own issues with some of the pretty basic people (based on awful banter) around me.
QPR guy in the hat. on 22:16 - Dec 27 with 6996 viewsMrTown

I liked him, he had a great sense of humour, harmless and a constant smile on his face.

People around me were getting riled up about him, but he was doing nothing wrong, just enjoying himself.

Heard one shout of “roll on Brexit” that made me think borderline racist whilst my toes curled. Obviously was met with idiotic laughs from some, but he was doing nowt wrong, nothing at all, as long as he’s enjoying himself, and causing no one else any harm, fair play to him.

That and the boos of Jon Nolan did make be feel as disgusted as some Town fans in the stands as the 11 on the pitch yesterday.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

QPR guy in the hat. on 22:44 - Dec 27 with 6938 viewsbluelagos

QPR guy in the hat. on 22:16 - Dec 27 by MrTown

I liked him, he had a great sense of humour, harmless and a constant smile on his face.

People around me were getting riled up about him, but he was doing nothing wrong, just enjoying himself.

Heard one shout of “roll on Brexit” that made me think borderline racist whilst my toes curled. Obviously was met with idiotic laughs from some, but he was doing nowt wrong, nothing at all, as long as he’s enjoying himself, and causing no one else any harm, fair play to him.

That and the boos of Jon Nolan did make be feel as disgusted as some Town fans in the stands as the 11 on the pitch yesterday.

Yeah, I genuinely thought the guy was quite funny. Where I was, all he got was a few tuts / headshakes, but not to say some Towen weren't being knobs elsewhere.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

QPR guy in the hat. on 05:21 - Dec 28 with 6786 viewsBenters2

QPR guy in the hat. on 22:16 - Dec 27 by MrTown

Interesting.

How does singing or chanting roll on brexit sound racist?
QPR guy in the hat. on 05:22 - Dec 28 with 6782 viewsBenters2

QPR guy in the hat. on 16:42 - Dec 27 by monytowbray

I thought you were too busy abusing Spence to hear that?
QPR guy in the hat. on 08:43 - Dec 28 with 6703 viewsBrixtonBlue

QPR guy in the hat. on 05:21 - Dec 28 by Benters2

Interesting.

How does singing or chanting roll on brexit sound racist?

Because it's the modern version of "go back to your own country".

Were you at the game Benters?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

QPR guy in the hat. on 10:47 - Dec 28 with 6612 viewsBenters2

QPR guy in the hat. on 08:43 - Dec 28 by BrixtonBlue

Because it's the modern version of "go back to your own country".

Were you at the game Benters?

I like the chap in the hat .

No,next game Rotherham.
QPR guy in the hat. on 12:00 - Dec 28 with 6535 viewsBrixtonBlue

QPR guy in the hat. on 10:47 - Dec 28 by Benters2

I like the chap in the hat .

No,next game Rotherham.

So all of this denying there was any racism ("Another case of our precious fans wanting to hear something that wasn’t said") and you weren't even there...

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

QPR guy in the hat. on 12:26 - Dec 28 with 6486 viewsBenters2

QPR guy in the hat. on 12:00 - Dec 28 by BrixtonBlue

So all of this denying there was any racism ("Another case of our precious fans wanting to hear something that wasn’t said") and you weren't even there...

Can you prove there was though?

Mind you you lot in the smoke are always happy to wave the racist card.

Did you hear anything?
QPR guy in the hat. on 12:31 - Dec 28 with 6469 viewsmonytowbray

QPR guy in the hat. on 05:22 - Dec 28 by Benters2

I thought you were too busy abusing Spence to hear that?

Non stop for 90 minutes including a 10 minute rant apparently. News to me!

TWTD never forgets…

QPR guy in the hat. on 12:33 - Dec 28 with 6464 viewsjaseitfc

QPR guy in the hat. on 12:26 - Dec 28 by Benters2

Did you hear anything?

Bit of a generalisation....
QPR guy in the hat. on 13:14 - Dec 28 with 6413 viewsBrixtonBlue

QPR guy in the hat. on 12:26 - Dec 28 by Benters2

Did you hear anything?

WTF?! I wasn't there either... but I haven't claimed there was racism one way or the other.

Your other comment is bizarre even for you.

QPR guy in the hat. on 13:18 - Dec 28 with 6399 viewsSpruceMoose

QPR guy in the hat. on 13:14 - Dec 28 by BrixtonBlue

WTF?! I wasn't there either... but I haven't claimed there was racism one way or the other.

Your other comment is bizarre even for you.

He's sure ending the year like a wet and chunky fart judging by some of his posts of late.

My prediction for 2019 is a full meltdown followed by Bentexit.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024