Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder if Hurst could of turned 10:47 - Feb 3 with 6727 viewsgrimboy

Us around,we will never know but I thought he was sacked too early could he of been any worse than Lambert.
I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 10:49 - Feb 3 with 5099 viewsjeera

He's the reason we need turning around.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 10:50 - Feb 3 with 5092 viewsHerbivore

It's have, not of. And he was a disaster who in no way was sacked too soon.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 10:51 - Feb 3 with 5086 viewsPecker

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Not sure he could. By the sounds of it (and I don't know this as fact) he had upset to many players. Think it is the players fault we are where we are and to blame just the manager is a little blindside I think. It is a collective responsibility of which they are all guilty.
I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 10:52 - Feb 3 with 5078 viewsbournemouthblue

The impression I got from that Leeds performance was that the players weren't trying for him any more

We have a big rebuild in the summer, how these loanees are currently part of the plan I do not know

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 10:53 - Feb 3 with 5068 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I said publically that it was strange to sack him so far from the transfer window as basically the owner must mean their underperforming and another manager could get more out of them which has proved not to be the case. One things for sure though is the senior players who went and told Evans that he needed replacing ought to take a long look at themselves in the mirror. Sears for me in the only one who improved initially under Lambert but goal at a villa aside has gone back to his old ineffective self.
I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 10:55 - Feb 3 with 5040 viewsartsbossbeard

Absolute madness.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 10:59 - Feb 3 with 5008 viewspointofblue

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 10:53 - Feb 3 by ColchesterBlue1985

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I said publically that it was strange to sack him so far from the transfer window as basically the owner must mean their underperforming and another manager could get more out of them which has proved not to be the case. One things for sure though is the senior players who went and told Evans that he needed replacing ought to take a long look at themselves in the mirror. Sears for me in the only one who improved initially under Lambert but goal at a villa aside has gone back to his old ineffective self.

This is what grates with me - the players couldn’t bear the kick-up-the-backside approach from Hurst and Doig yet they’ve hardly improved under Lambert’s kiss-and-cuddle outlook. Indeed, yesterday reminded me of our worst performance under Hurst, at home to QPR which was probably our first ‘must win’ game of the season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:02 - Feb 3 with 4982 viewsMalcolmBlue

Are you ofing a laugh?
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 11:03]

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Login to get fewer ads

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:05 - Feb 3 with 4962 viewsartsbossbeard

He is/was the worst thing that has ever happened to this club.

Out of his depth, upsetting key members of the background staff, the players thinking that he's clueless, no man management skills and no interest in modern technology.

Honestly don't believe that I've just read this.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:06 - Feb 3 with 4953 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No, he couldn't turn the mess he created around.

Next question.

We lost 80% of our league goals in the summer, and our best defender. Much of that was of Hursts making.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:07 - Feb 3 with 4948 viewsChampionship

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:05 - Feb 3 by artsbossbeard

He is/was the worst thing that has ever happened to this club.

Out of his depth, upsetting key members of the background staff, the players thinking that he's clueless, no man management skills and no interest in modern technology.

Honestly don't believe that I've just read this.

I heard he liked cameras...
I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:07 - Feb 3 with 4942 viewsartsbossbeard

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:06 - Feb 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Next question.

We lost 80% of our league goals in the summer, and our best defender. Much of that was of Hursts making.

ALL of his making.

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:09 - Feb 3 with 4922 viewsBluesquid

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 10:52 - Feb 3 by bournemouthblue

The impression I got from that Leeds performance was that the players weren't trying for him any more

We have a big rebuild in the summer, how these loanees are currently part of the plan I do not know

Nice to see them trying now though.
I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:10 - Feb 3 with 4918 viewsunstableblue

I think Hurst was out of his depth and lost the dressing room or could not manage higher level players.

What Ipswich’s disease over the last 3 seasons has been a complete loss of playing identity,
Energy, pace and attacking intent. We really have lost the ability to play good passing with tempo. There has been no vison and no ability to embed any plan with high player turnover

Hurst I think saw this and I genuinely think tried to resolve, but bought wrong players and just want good enough. However and to your point we did play 3-4 halves of the higher energy football we all crave. But it wasn’t sustainable.

Lambert similarly has had a couple of halves of intent; but I’m getting a bit concerned at the fact we haven’t pushed on under him. But perhaps the disease at Ipswich is too deep, too ingrained.

Those suggesting that calling for Mick to leave was I’ll advised are really very wrong, he was part of creating these fundamental issues, albeit he was hampered by poor squad investment.

Take Webster he was ‘ok’ here - play him in a functioning team that passes and he’s amazing.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:11 - Feb 3 with 4895 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:07 - Feb 3 by artsbossbeard

ALL of his making.

I'll give him some slack on celina and conolly going, that's 12 goals. And any manager would have found it hard to keep waggy, not impossible though.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:14 - Feb 3 with 4872 viewspointofblue

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:06 - Feb 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Next question.

Unless those in the know want to add more flesh to the bones, those who scored 80% of our league goals plus our best defender wanted out even before Hurst arrived.

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:18 - Feb 3 with 4845 viewsBluesquid

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:10 - Feb 3 by unstableblue

I think Hurst was out of his depth and lost the dressing room or could not manage higher level players.

What Ipswich’s disease over the last 3 seasons has been a complete loss of playing identity,
Energy, pace and attacking intent. We really have lost the ability to play good passing with tempo. There has been no vison and no ability to embed any plan with high player turnover

Hurst I think saw this and I genuinely think tried to resolve, but bought wrong players and just want good enough. However and to your point we did play 3-4 halves of the higher energy football we all crave. But it wasn’t sustainable.

Lambert similarly has had a couple of halves of intent; but I’m getting a bit concerned at the fact we haven’t pushed on under him. But perhaps the disease at Ipswich is too deep, too ingrained.

Those suggesting that calling for Mick to leave was I’ll advised are really very wrong, he was part of creating these fundamental issues, albeit he was hampered by poor squad investment.

Take Webster he was ‘ok’ here - play him in a functioning team that passes and he’s amazing.

"Those suggesting that calling for Mick to leave was I’ll advised are really very wrong, he was part of creating these fundamental issues, albeit he was hampered by poor squad investment.

Take Webster he was ‘ok’ here - play him in a functioning team that passes and he’s amazing."

The rot was well and truly setting in then under Mick and had it been spotted and acted on by the owner a couple of seasons before he was actually forced to act then the chances are that we would of totally bypassed Hurst and recruited another manager altogether.
I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:20 - Feb 3 with 4833 viewsLeagueOne

The only thing I will say is Lambert lit a fire under Hursts players to begin with and even though the quality wasn't there, the fight was. Since January the fight has evaporated and we've looked pretty flat and lifeless. I think whatever conversation Lambert had with Evans going into the window killed us, and the club stopped fighting despite this being a season where a bit of extra quality, even if we paid over the odds for it would have saved us, but as ever, Evans wasn't interested.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:22 - Feb 3 with 4819 viewsartsbossbeard

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:20 - Feb 3 by LeagueOne

The only thing I will say is Lambert lit a fire under Hursts players to begin with and even though the quality wasn't there, the fight was. Since January the fight has evaporated and we've looked pretty flat and lifeless. I think whatever conversation Lambert had with Evans going into the window killed us, and the club stopped fighting despite this being a season where a bit of extra quality, even if we paid over the odds for it would have saved us, but as ever, Evans wasn't interested.

43x pro footballers on the books that all need paying at the end of the month.

Who do you think is stumping up with this cash?

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:30 - Feb 3 with 4767 viewspointofblue

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:22 - Feb 3 by artsbossbeard

43x pro footballers on the books that all need paying at the end of the month.

Who do you think is stumping up with this cash?

Exactly though I can’t help but agree with the OP that, if anything, our best performance under Lambert was against Preston in his first game in charge. The further his feet go under the table the worse we seem to get which was also the case under Hurst (though we did have peaks under him too, like the second half against Brentford, first half at Birmingham, fighting with ten men versus Villa).

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:34 - Feb 3 with 4744 viewsTrequartista

I coudn't see any signs that things could have improved, those players weren't suddenly going to get much better overnight, so the correct decision, but interesting to note that if he was still here and had made no improvement to his awful record whatsoever, we'd still be slightly better off.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:37 - Feb 3 with 4723 viewsTrequartista

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:20 - Feb 3 by LeagueOne

Since January he hasn't been playing Hurst's players bar two loanees, or if forced to by injuries, so it is his own players and Mick's players that you are saying are not fighting so hard.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:43 - Feb 3 with 4692 viewsunstableblue

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:18 - Feb 3 by Bluesquid

"Those suggesting that calling for Mick to leave was I’ll advised are really very wrong, he was part of creating these fundamental issues, albeit he was hampered by poor squad investment.

Take Webster he was ‘ok’ here - play him in a functioning team that passes and he’s amazing."

The rot was well and truly setting in then under Mick and had it been spotted and acted on by the owner a couple of seasons before he was actually forced to act then the chances are that we would of totally bypassed Hurst and recruited another manager altogether.

Completely agree - when was the Lincoln game or that run of home games that were so devoid of forward intent as to be turgid.

Marcus should have acted then.

When better players were at the club.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:44 - Feb 3 with 4690 viewstractorshark

Hurst was a charlatan. Gave it all the ‘I’ll stick to my beliefs’ and then ditched them at the first signs of trouble.
The Norwich team selection was the first sign of panic. Out of the transfer window, you could almost sense the realisation that his purchases were not going to cut it in the Championship.
That said, I don’t blame him for Waghorn or Webster’s exit, or Garner and McGoldrick for that matter.
All of those players could or probably would have gone under McCarthy. But McCarthy would have spent the money wiser.
I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 13:04 - Feb 3 with 4523 viewsThe_Last_Baron

He might have turned it around but he wouldn't of turned it around.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024