Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We really should be dead and buried 12:19 - Feb 25 with 3325 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Yet unbelievably, if we can win a very winnable game (even for us) on Saturday, we may well be just 6 points from safety.

After Reading we have games against West Brom (4th), Bristol City (6th), Forest (9th), Hull (13th), Bolton (23rd), Brentford (16th), Birmingham (8th), Preston (10th), Swansea (12th), Sheffield United (2nd), Leeds United (3rd).

That is 11 games, 9 of which are against teams in going for automatic promotion or still in with a chance, at this moment, of the playoff places. An incredibly tricky run of fixtures.

However, we more than matched Norwich for the majority of the match, outplayed Derby, gifted Stoke a goal that, if prevented, could have seen us win and should have hung on to a win at Wigan. I appreciate this means we are not getting results and there's no reason why we will, but part of that is surely the gap and the sense that we are probably done for.

If Blackburn can get something at Rotherham and we win on Saturday then we really are right back in it. Would likely lift the side and in reality we could be done for with back to back defeats at West Brom and Bristol City. The 2 points we'd probably normally be happy to pick up there, probably wouldn't even be enough.

I'm sure we are gone. We have a massive deficit to make up, are still one win behind the lowest ever total for a season at this level and have almost the top half to play. But, and we've said it numerous times, Saturday really is season defining.

Anything other than a win and we really are done for. A win and we have the faintest of hopes if we can then back that up with a shock win at West Brom or Bristol City, which is not impossible given our much improved performances.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

We really should be dead and buried on 12:20 - Feb 25 with 3287 viewschicoazul

If we can win a very winnable game

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We really should be dead and buried on 12:24 - Feb 25 with 3242 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

We really should be dead and buried on 12:20 - Feb 25 by chicoazul

If we can win a very winnable game

It is winnable.

Two of our three wins all season have come at home to crap teams around us, Wigan and Rotherham and we are playing as well as we have done all season.

I don't think anyone can suggest the last four performances haven't been as good a four game run as we've had.

We are playing a team arguably as bad as ourselves now, since our slight improvement, at home, with likely a big crowd in a must win game.

We really should be dead and buried on 12:26 - Feb 25 with 3229 viewsHerbivore

I think we're done whatever happens. For all the talk about better performances over the last 6 games we've taken 3 points. In the form table the three sides above us in the league are ahead of us, the only teams below us are QPR and Stoke. That's the Stoke we only drew with at home after we nicked a stoppage time equaliser. We don't really look capable of winning one off games currently let alone putting the kind of run together we need to in order to get out of trouble. As an absolute minimum to even be in with a chance we need at least 40 points. That's 19 from our remaining 12 games, over 1.5 pointd a game. That's borderline play off form. We can't achieve that. And even that form may not be enough. It's over I'm afraid.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We really should be dead and buried on 12:28 - Feb 25 with 3199 viewsHerbivore

We really should be dead and buried on 12:24 - Feb 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

It is winnable.

Two of our three wins all season have come at home to crap teams around us, Wigan and Rotherham and we are playing as well as we have done all season.

I don't think anyone can suggest the last four performances haven't been as good a four game run as we've had.

We are playing a team arguably as bad as ourselves now, since our slight improvement, at home, with likely a big crowd in a must win game.

It's less winnable than our last home game was and we never looked like winning that one. We've since lost Keane and Harrison to injury too.

We really should be dead and buried on 12:29 - Feb 25 with 3205 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

We really should be dead and buried on 12:26 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

I think we're done whatever happens. For all the talk about better performances over the last 6 games we've taken 3 points. In the form table the three sides above us in the league are ahead of us, the only teams below us are QPR and Stoke. That's the Stoke we only drew with at home after we nicked a stoppage time equaliser. We don't really look capable of winning one off games currently let alone putting the kind of run together we need to in order to get out of trouble. As an absolute minimum to even be in with a chance we need at least 40 points. That's 19 from our remaining 12 games, over 1.5 pointd a game. That's borderline play off form. We can't achieve that. And even that form may not be enough. It's over I'm afraid.

I'm clinging to the fact that I have accepted we are down long enough to start to look forward to next year, the prospect of being one of the top teams, good vibes around the place, new teams to face etc.

What would be more Town than somehow surviving this mess only to serve up another slow death next season! Lol.

We really should be dead and buried on 12:50 - Feb 25 with 3059 viewsGarv

We really should be dead and buried on 12:24 - Feb 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

It is winnable.

The fact it's a must win game is a good reason for assuming we will lose or draw. That's not even me being negative, just looking at the season so far. Most chances we've had to turn the corner we've bottled it. Bolton, QPR, Bristol City, Millwall.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

We really should be dead and buried on 12:55 - Feb 25 with 3028 viewsLeagueOne

We really should be dead and buried on 12:29 - Feb 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I'm clinging to the fact that I have accepted we are down long enough to start to look forward to next year, the prospect of being one of the top teams, good vibes around the place, new teams to face etc.

What would be more Town than somehow surviving this mess only to serve up another slow death next season! Lol.

We won't be one of the top teams next year. We're losing half our income so will have to shift players out and rely on youth team and existing players, who were mid-table at best when they last played in that league for Shrewsbury, Peterborough and Accrington Stanley.

This window proves Evans is not interested either, we'll be signing the same unwanted, injury laden rubbish we always have done under his ownership - as cheap as he can get it, the cheaper the better.

We're going to be mid-table at best.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

We really should be dead and buried on 12:59 - Feb 25 with 2984 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

We really should be dead and buried on 12:55 - Feb 25 by LeagueOne

We won't be one of the top teams next year. We're losing half our income so will have to shift players out and rely on youth team and existing players, who were mid-table at best when they last played in that league for Shrewsbury, Peterborough and Accrington Stanley.

This window proves Evans is not interested either, we'll be signing the same unwanted, injury laden rubbish we always have done under his ownership - as cheap as he can get it, the cheaper the better.

I'm still trying to work out if you're a Budgie or a 'Glass was half full until I slipped over with it and it slashed me in the face and left me unable to pull a bird ever' kind of guy.

Either way you are tediously negative.

We are losing half our income and will still have a hell of a lot better squad and more money than the likes of Blackpool, Coventry and Plymouth, the sort of teams who are going to be finishing mid-table in League One.

I don't think anybody thinks we are going to get 100 points. But we will have a very decent, young squad with plenty of Championship experience likely, good crowds for the division, some very saleable assets and arguably a manager that should be nowhere near League One.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 13:00]

Login to get fewer ads

We really should be dead and buried on 13:01 - Feb 25 with 2964 viewsTractorCam

Your 4th paragraph has highlighted why that probably won't happen.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

We really should be dead and buried on 13:05 - Feb 25 with 2930 viewsMullysplace1

You are more optimistic than me. I think we will struggle big time. As you say, the players we brought in were onlty mediocre 3rd and 4th division players. We lost to Exeter who arnt even a force in L2!
Our own youngers will get roughed up and kicked all over the pitch. L1 is a lot tougher than people seem to think
We really should be dead and buried on 13:07 - Feb 25 with 2905 viewsTractorCam

We really should be dead and buried on 13:05 - Feb 25 by Mullysplace1

You are more optimistic than me. I think we will struggle big time. As you say, the players we brought in were onlty mediocre 3rd and 4th division players. We lost to Exeter who arnt even a force in L2!
Our own youngers will get roughed up and kicked all over the pitch. L1 is a lot tougher than people seem to think

Jon Nolan was in league 1 team of the year, Toto Shrewsbury's key defenders, Gwion one of the divisions best wingers, Bristol Rovers have declined this season without their target man upfront, Kayden Jackson one of the top scorers in league 2, Donacien same as Toto.

Along with our promising youngsters, this is a bit of a weird post.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

We really should be dead and buried on 13:12 - Feb 25 with 2847 viewsMullysplace1

We really should be dead and buried on 13:07 - Feb 25 by TractorCam

Jon Nolan was in league 1 team of the year, Toto Shrewsbury's key defenders, Gwion one of the divisions best wingers, Bristol Rovers have declined this season without their target man upfront, Kayden Jackson one of the top scorers in league 2, Donacien same as Toto.

Along with our promising youngsters, this is a bit of a weird post.

Jackson is rubbish. He wont tear up L1. His first touch is awful. Toto and Nolan had one good season. They certainly havent shown anything since they came here. Edwards again, isnt all that. And l think our youngsters will find it hard. There are a lot of big thugs in L1, our youngsters will get kicked to bits. They are in for a big shock. And if you think the refereeing is bad in the championship, you havent seen anything yet.
We really should be dead and buried on 13:17 - Feb 25 with 2810 viewsHerbivore

When are you going back to WOTB? I've had enough.

We really should be dead and buried on 13:30 - Feb 25 with 2725 viewsfactual_blue

We really should be dead and buried on 13:05 - Feb 25 by Mullysplace1

You're less optimistic than a piggy fiddler from wotb?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

We really should be dead and buried on 14:20 - Feb 25 with 2542 viewsWhymarkmariner

Every game for the last heaven knows when have been winnable and we still can't win. I doubt with Keane now injured we have any chance of scoring. Optimism is great, but sadly we have been optimistic, had this feeling and kissed the Blarney stone, had an itch in our right eye,had a black cat cross our path and done everything known to man. But the elusive two wins on the trot or even one win on the trot seems to elude us. will there come a time when these bunch of Merry Men finally throw in the towel and admit defeat or will they phoenix like rise from the ashes ?
We really should be dead and buried on 16:57 - Feb 25 with 2322 viewsHarry_Palmer

We are done i'm afraid. Getting maximum points from Wigan / Reading was the absolute last chance for me and we blew it at the first attempt.

Just accept we are down, you will feel a lot better for it and no longer need to keep mulling over all the unlikely scenarios for a miraculous escape.
We really should be dead and buried on 17:07 - Feb 25 with 2282 viewsTNBlue

We've had 3 wins ALL season. What makes you think we are capable of string a run together now?

Deluded. WE ARE AS GOOD AS RELEGATED.
We really should be dead and buried on 17:19 - Feb 25 with 2241 viewsFenboyBlue

Just wondered what odds are bookies giving us to avoid relegation.
And is anybody having a flutter.
(I can't look myself as my work blocks all gambling sites)
We really should be dead and buried on 18:29 - Feb 25 with 2103 viewsGuthrum

We really should be dead and buried on 17:07 - Feb 25 by TNBlue

We've had 3 wins ALL season. What makes you think we are capable of string a run together now?

Deluded. WE ARE AS GOOD AS RELEGATED.

We're currently on a three game unbeaten run, haven't done that since September. From small acorns.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We really should be dead and buried on 18:29 - Feb 25 with 2102 viewspeterleeblue

Ill tell you something for nothing. If we are mid table next season then things will truly be C**P. Sunderland have not set the world a light at all and yet seem destined to get back up at the first time of asking. Even Evans wont be oblivious to this. The performance against Derby was light years away from anything I have seen at the Stadium of Light this season. Keep the nucleus of this team together and we will be fine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024