Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health 07:32 - Jul 30 with 16429 viewssaxon

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/ipswich-town-academ
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 7:41]
Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:02 - Jul 30 with 4923 viewsitfcjoe

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 08:45 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

About £700

Absolute peanuts then for how many full time players are at the club

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:14 - Jul 30 with 4870 viewsBluefish

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:02 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

Absolute peanuts then for how many full time players are at the club

But you are suggesting for every knock straight away? The lad had a scan so surely it is the timing that you are questioning.

£700 a go for every knock will get extremely expensive and possibly not even be possible to have enough spaces locally to achieve. Some injuries are also better to scan later once the swelling settles. I've worked for multi billion turnover corporatea that will debate for hours on which budget paper to buy or whether to give an hours overtime to a minimum wage employee. This really isn't unusual both matter how much our fans like to try and make it. We are a business that is heavily in debt and loses money with little chance of sustained profit. Some sort of reality has to hit football at times. They obviously scan all players but have to take a call on everyone.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:15 - Jul 30 with 4867 viewsWacko

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 08:04 - Jul 30 by Reuser_is_God

Yes I thought the same re Chris Smith.

Camel Ramadan?

No wonder he's got the hump

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:18 - Jul 30 with 4854 viewsSteve_M

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:14 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

But you are suggesting for every knock straight away? The lad had a scan so surely it is the timing that you are questioning.

£700 a go for every knock will get extremely expensive and possibly not even be possible to have enough spaces locally to achieve. Some injuries are also better to scan later once the swelling settles. I've worked for multi billion turnover corporatea that will debate for hours on which budget paper to buy or whether to give an hours overtime to a minimum wage employee. This really isn't unusual both matter how much our fans like to try and make it. We are a business that is heavily in debt and loses money with little chance of sustained profit. Some sort of reality has to hit football at times. They obviously scan all players but have to take a call on everyone.

Four months after back pain was first reported? Standard response from competent medical professionals then is an MRI.

You aren't really debating though are you? Just the usual MO of taking an extreme position for the sake of it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:25 - Jul 30 with 4831 viewsITFCMonk

Club should be dealing with this professionally and learning from this. Must go down as one of the worst handled cases in English academy football.
Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:28 - Jul 30 with 4822 viewsPinewoodblue

Don't think many fans will be surprised by the general content as concerns have been expressed for years now about the injuries to players and players returning to àction too soon.

Doubt .any are surprised that Evans appears not to have responded to the complaint. Wonder if loçal journalists have been aware but decided to keep quiet.

What is surprising is the lad still works for the club albeit on a part time basis, that is loyalty on his part.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:28 - Jul 30 with 4824 viewsitfcjoe

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:14 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

4 months after back pain that he consistently struggled with and the scan showed 2 prolapsed discs? It's not just a little knock is it.

I've got other stories that aren't for public consumption, but some boys, and this guy if it is who I think, have been badly let down by the club and had potential careers ruined because of their status. If it was Andre Dozzell with these issues as a scholar they'd have been sorted, and that is the correct thing to do for all of them.

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:31 - Jul 30 with 4808 viewsBlueBadger

Emblematic of the whole way the the club's own austerity policy, that like the 'real life' one ultimately ends up costing more than it saves.
Even now we're seeing it. For a relatively low sum compared to being in the Championship, Evans could have built in a high degree of 'insurance' against staying down. For all my views on Lamberts ability as a manager, Evans' failure to support him is incompetence or indifference(or possibly both) is the finest order.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 10:36]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:31 - Jul 30 with 4809 viewsportmanking

What saddens me more is that we have an owner that won't even be prepared to stand up and apologise or explain the situation.

This club has lost so much of its respect and credibility in the football world due to Marcus Evans - a genuine skidmark on our otherwise illustrious history.
Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:35 - Jul 30 with 4774 viewsBluefish

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:18 - Jul 30 by Steve_M

Four months after back pain was first reported? Standard response from competent medical professionals then is an MRI.

You aren't really debating though are you? Just the usual MO of taking an extreme position for the sake of it.

You are taking an uncharacteristic approach of hysteria based on an incident and trying to compare it to my conversation around general practice. I expect every club in the world has an incident that would be a failing.

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:41 - Jul 30 with 4761 viewsBlueBadger

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 08:15 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

It is also bizarre how our fans go so OTT about any negative stories that they can find. No club gets injuries dead on straight away everytime, not a club in the world and also not every hospital or scan. It is not good for the young man but really it isn't anywhere near the scandal it is being made out to be.

Sorry Fishers, you're talking sh1t here. Not only is this good medical practice for back injuries, we have a duty of care to these lads who could, one day be first first team players. Stuff like this not only impacts on the first team ultimately but on our future recruitment(would you want your kids going somewhere as contracted apprentices only for their employer then to neglect their duty of care) but on the long term health of these kids.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:45 - Jul 30 with 4730 viewsBluefish

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:41 - Jul 30 by BlueBadger

Sorry Fishers, you're talking sh1t here. Not only is this good medical practice for back injuries, we have a duty of care to these lads who could, one day be first first team players. Stuff like this not only impacts on the first team ultimately but on our future recruitment(would you want your kids going somewhere as contracted apprentices only for their employer then to neglect their duty of care) but on the long term health of these kids.

Are you in the NHS? What is your current wait time for an MRI? I think it will be over 4 months. Obviously they are footballers but you argument doesn't seem to factor that in and suggests everyone should get instant scans as a matter of course.

The point remains that this one was wrong but it doesn't mean that the approach to not just have a scan with every injury is wrong. Plenty of pro footballers at all clubs get injured and rest and physio before finally going for a scan. It really does happen everywhere and the hysteria is OTT

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:48 - Jul 30 with 4720 viewsDanTheMan

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:45 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

Are you in the NHS? What is your current wait time for an MRI? I think it will be over 4 months. Obviously they are footballers but you argument doesn't seem to factor that in and suggests everyone should get instant scans as a matter of course.

The point remains that this one was wrong but it doesn't mean that the approach to not just have a scan with every injury is wrong. Plenty of pro footballers at all clubs get injured and rest and physio before finally going for a scan. It really does happen everywhere and the hysteria is OTT

People aren't saying every injury, but it appears to be you should be getting one if it's a back injury.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:50 - Jul 30 with 4707 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:45 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

I might me mis-understanding you but, do you think we make our players queue up in NHS waiting rooms?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:51 - Jul 30 with 4693 viewsBlueBadger

NHS wait times are neither here nor there, ITFC is a business who's business depends upon its employees having a high degree of physical fitness. The whole management is amateurish enough to embarrass 1st year surgical trainee.

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:52 - Jul 30 with 4688 viewsBluefish

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:48 - Jul 30 by DanTheMan

People aren't saying every injury, but it appears to be you should be getting one if it's a back injury.

The same could be argued for all parts of the body and before you know it we are scanning all knocks, pulls and gripes. For what it is worth I agree with the point that every checks and care should have been there for his back but it needs to be assessment based and sadly they have got this one wrong. This doesn't however mean the medical staff must all be sacked and that the club is rotten etc etc.

This place gets very excited at the slightest opportunity to slam the club and the owner. Note the pages and pages of it when we had an offer for Judge and the comparative silence since

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:57 - Jul 30 with 4668 viewsBiGDonnie

How ridiculous. ME needs to sort his sh*t out, we're a bit of a joke aren't we.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:59 - Jul 30 with 4655 viewsBluefish

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:50 - Jul 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

I might me mis-understanding you but, do you think we make our players queue up in NHS waiting rooms?

You are definitely misunderstanding

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 10:01 - Jul 30 with 4655 viewsDanTheMan

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 09:52 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

The same could be argued for all parts of the body and before you know it we are scanning all knocks, pulls and gripes. For what it is worth I agree with the point that every checks and care should have been there for his back but it needs to be assessment based and sadly they have got this one wrong. This doesn't however mean the medical staff must all be sacked and that the club is rotten etc etc.

This place gets very excited at the slightest opportunity to slam the club and the owner. Note the pages and pages of it when we had an offer for Judge and the comparative silence since

That's just a slippery slope argument, I doubt we're going to be sending off for MRIs on stubbed toes.

But if the general advice for persistent back injuries is getting an MRI, I fail to understand why we don't get them on, especially given the apparently low cost. £700 for a football club is nothing.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 10:05 - Jul 30 with 4635 viewsBluefish

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 10:01 - Jul 30 by DanTheMan

That's just a slippery slope argument, I doubt we're going to be sending off for MRIs on stubbed toes.

But if the general advice for persistent back injuries is getting an MRI, I fail to understand why we don't get them on, especially given the apparently low cost. £700 for a football club is nothing.

As I said earlier £700 is a lot for business that are far far bigger than itfc

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 10:06 - Jul 30 with 4633 viewsPinewoodblue

The headline isn't about the physical issues but about mental health. About the totàl lack of support you can imagine the youngster concerned being told to man up.

Perhaps there is a link between this story and the extraordinary support the club captain provides to academy players.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 10:07 - Jul 30 with 4625 viewschicoazul

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 10:05 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

As I said earlier £700 is a lot for business that are far far bigger than itfc

You think £700 is a lot of money to spend for a business that turns over £15m?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 10:09 - Jul 30 with 4621 viewsportmanking

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 10:06 - Jul 30 by Pinewoodblue

The headline isn't about the physical issues but about mental health. About the totàl lack of support you can imagine the youngster concerned being told to man up.

Perhaps there is a link between this story and the extraordinary support the club captain provides to academy players.

That's also a very important point. The mental health aspect has flown under the radar here, but this is equally as alarming as the MRI issue.

The silence coming from our esteemed owner and indeed the rest of the club is somewhat damning.
Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 10:11 - Jul 30 with 4608 viewsBluefish

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 10:07 - Jul 30 by chicoazul

You think £700 is a lot of money to spend for a business that turns over £15m?

As I said I've spent 20 years in a couple of the worlds giant corporates. £700 is a lot for both of them and they make enormous profits.

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 10:19 - Jul 30 with 4580 viewsitfcjoe

Independent:Town accused of failing to support academy player’s mental health on 10:11 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

As I said I've spent 20 years in a couple of the worlds giant corporates. £700 is a lot for both of them and they make enormous profits.

Are they totally reliant on their employees being fit and able to partake in physical activity as the core function of their job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024