Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we discussed QT yet? 09:36 - Sep 27 with 8821 viewsBluefish

Gina Miller is absolute class. Isn't it incredible how she stands out so far by just dealing with facts.

If anyone is still in denial at the way the country is behind Boris then you need to wake up. Keeping on saying how disgusting he is (whilst being true) is only strengthening him. He is steam rolling his way into a position where he has all of the cards. It is time to wake up and start rallying with counter arguments and facts opposed to focusing on the fact he is a slime ball. The country needs to deal in facts and sadly labour have badly let us down by not trying to take on the tories. A peoples vote is the only way of resolving this utter shambles.

2 questions on the paper

Do you wish to remain yes or no

If no wins do you wish to leave with no deal or May's deal (or another if agreed in time)
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 9:39]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Have we discussed QT yet? on 09:48 - Sep 27 with 3738 viewsSteve_M

Not entirely behind him:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Have we discussed QT yet? on 09:51 - Sep 27 with 3726 viewsBluefish

Have we discussed QT yet? on 09:48 - Sep 27 by Steve_M

Not entirely behind him:

People could still say yes and vote for him though. Not really sure what that shows.

I would be inclined to say no in that poll but I wouldn't vote for him

Have we discussed QT yet? on 09:58 - Sep 27 with 3702 viewsgiant_stow

Yeah, definitely, I would.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:14 - Sep 27 with 3651 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Have we discussed QT yet? on 09:58 - Sep 27 by giant_stow

Yeah, definitely, I would.

Sorry GU but isn't it time for that joke, which ceased to be funny decades ago and is sexist, to be confined to history?

It isn't only you; it has been trotted out on this forum with monotonous regularity down the years. Time to stop.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:23 - Sep 27 with 3619 viewsmattelliot

We have already had a peoples vote - the outcome was leave.

What we need is a General Election to give a party a majority in the house so they can just get on with it - Labour won't support this because the Lib Dems are taking votes away from them and could lead to a Conservative win.
Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:23 - Sep 27 with 3614 viewsgiant_stow

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:14 - Sep 27 by Tangledupin_Blue

Sorry GU but isn't it time for that joke, which ceased to be funny decades ago and is sexist, to be confined to history?

It isn't only you; it has been trotted out on this forum with monotonous regularity down the years. Time to stop.

Yes you're entirely right - I was making a tinker-ish comment on how she has it all and I'm a tiny bit in love, but too far... I apologise.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:24 - Sep 27 with 3610 viewsITFC_Cotton

The only vote that should be presented to the people is Leave with a deal or Leave without a deal.

As for the In or Out we had that vote 3 years ago.
Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:27 - Sep 27 with 3603 viewsBluefish

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:23 - Sep 27 by mattelliot

We have already had a peoples vote - the outcome was leave.

What we need is a General Election to give a party a majority in the house so they can just get on with it - Labour won't support this because the Lib Dems are taking votes away from them and could lead to a Conservative win.

The most likely outcome an even bigger mix in parliament unless the tories grow the division even more and do a pact with the BP.

Saying the outcome is leave is pathetic. As the analogy goes the outcome was paint the wall but nobody agreed the colour and if we choose the wrong colour there will be anarchy

Login to get fewer ads

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:36 - Sep 27 with 3555 viewsflimflam

Stopped reading after you said Gina Miller is class.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:39 - Sep 27 with 3542 viewsmattelliot

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:27 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

The most likely outcome an even bigger mix in parliament unless the tories grow the division even more and do a pact with the BP.

Saying the outcome is leave is pathetic. As the analogy goes the outcome was paint the wall but nobody agreed the colour and if we choose the wrong colour there will be anarchy

Calling the outcome of the largest vote in British politics pathetic? Interesting.

If the original ballot paper had a third option of "leave with deal" I am certain it would be a different story/outcome - public had a choice and voted leave.

Simply calling for a peoples vote because remainers are not happy with the outcome should be out of the question, however, politics changes on a daily basis at the moment...
Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:45 - Sep 27 with 3529 viewsBluefish

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:39 - Sep 27 by mattelliot

Calling the outcome of the largest vote in British politics pathetic? Interesting.

If the original ballot paper had a third option of "leave with deal" I am certain it would be a different story/outcome - public had a choice and voted leave.

Simply calling for a peoples vote because remainers are not happy with the outcome should be out of the question, however, politics changes on a daily basis at the moment...

It was a flawed vote because it didn't have an outcome. It is like having a presidential election and just having initials on the ballot paper opposed to names. Half thought they were voting for Donald trump and loads of others going mental because they though they were getting david Tennant. If you read what I said I would have been ok before with just deal or no deal on the paper. I am still waiting 3 years on for someone to give me a benefit to leaving especially with no deal. The best they could come up with was making our own laws, we obviously already did this and now that it has been proved they call the judges enemies of the people

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:47 - Sep 27 with 3524 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:23 - Sep 27 by giant_stow

Yes you're entirely right - I was making a tinker-ish comment on how she has it all and I'm a tiny bit in love, but too far... I apologise.

She is an admirable person who has used her intelligence to carve out opportunities and has then made good use of them.

Maybe we should start a campaign to honour her with a damehood or similar. Would be a delicious irony if Johnson were obliged to recommend this to the Queen.

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:49 - Sep 27 with 3506 viewsBluefish

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:36 - Sep 27 by flimflam

I said absolute class. Do you disagree? What is there that you could possibly disagree on?

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:51 - Sep 27 with 3498 viewsmattelliot

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:45 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

It was a flawed vote because it didn't have an outcome. It is like having a presidential election and just having initials on the ballot paper opposed to names. Half thought they were voting for Donald trump and loads of others going mental because they though they were getting david Tennant. If you read what I said I would have been ok before with just deal or no deal on the paper. I am still waiting 3 years on for someone to give me a benefit to leaving especially with no deal. The best they could come up with was making our own laws, we obviously already did this and now that it has been proved they call the judges enemies of the people

It did have an outcome but the house expected and prepared for only one outcome, Remain.

Would you be happy with the second vote to be either Deal or No deal then?

If the outcome was deal then are we not surrendering (bad choice of word?) to the E.U and they would have all the negotiating power?

I am always open for discussion, though, from what i have read and watched, Dan Hannan, has been most pivotal, especially his opening gambit on the brexit debate for the spectator.
Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:54 - Sep 27 with 3482 viewsBluefish

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:51 - Sep 27 by mattelliot

It did have an outcome but the house expected and prepared for only one outcome, Remain.

If the outcome was deal then are we not surrendering (bad choice of word?) to the E.U and they would have all the negotiating power?

I am always open for discussion, though, from what i have read and watched, Dan Hannan, has been most pivotal, especially his opening gambit on the brexit debate for the spectator.

I wouldn't be happy because my country would be worse off but I would respect the vote. The deal would have to be completely decided before the vote.

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:54 - Sep 27 with 3479 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:36 - Sep 27 by flimflam

So you don't like to read views which disagree with your own? A pity, really; whilst some might help you to affirm your views you might find others of them enlightening.

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:58 - Sep 27 with 3461 viewsgiant_stow

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:47 - Sep 27 by Tangledupin_Blue

She is an admirable person who has used her intelligence to carve out opportunities and has then made good use of them.

Maybe we should start a campaign to honour her with a damehood or similar. Would be a delicious irony if Johnson were obliged to recommend this to the Queen.

Yes, shes seriously impressive. Like your idea a lot!
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 10:59]

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:58 - Sep 27 with 3462 viewsITFC_Cotton

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:45 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

The vote did have an outcome though, it's just the incompetence of the governments since which have failed to deliver that outcome.

As for a benefit of leaving I'd say not being dragged into a European combine military is a pretty good benefit of leaving. Some of the statements by Guy Verhofstadt didn't sound very promising as to the direction of the EU.
Have we discussed QT yet? on 11:01 - Sep 27 with 3439 viewsBluefish

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:58 - Sep 27 by ITFC_Cotton

The vote did have an outcome though, it's just the incompetence of the governments since which have failed to deliver that outcome.

As for a benefit of leaving I'd say not being dragged into a European combine military is a pretty good benefit of leaving. Some of the statements by Guy Verhofstadt didn't sound very promising as to the direction of the EU.

Err no it didn't. You can now say it did but thatbis utterly ridiculous.

Have we discussed QT yet? on 11:01 - Sep 27 with 3434 viewseireblue

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:58 - Sep 27 by ITFC_Cotton

It didn’t have a well defined outcome.

That much is obvious.

The British Forces are already part of a combined military with EU countries.

It is one subsidised by the Americans.
Have we discussed QT yet? on 11:02 - Sep 27 with 3430 viewsITFC_Cotton

Have we discussed QT yet? on 11:01 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

Err no it didn't. You can now say it did but thatbis utterly ridiculous.

Notice how you didn't respond to a positive of leaving the EU though...
Have we discussed QT yet? on 11:11 - Sep 27 with 3388 viewsSwansea_Blue

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:51 - Sep 27 by mattelliot

The 'Leave' option actually covers at least 6 different outcomes. And now people are trying to reinvent history and hijack the discussion reducing those 6+ options down to the one that is expected to be most harmful (based on the government's own risk planning).

A deal isn't "surrendering": it's something that the vast majority of sectors in this country say they need in order limit the adverse effects of leaving. Directing the focus onto the EU is pointless and counter productive (but an effective tactic in the blame game and demonisation of them) - we should be thinking about what's best for us, not on whether we can get one over on the EU.

(The EU will always have the greater negotiating power; they're a lot bigger than us. That's simply something we need to acknowledge. Nothing we can do will change that, short of the absurdity of literally becoming a 51st State of the US or some such cataclysmic change in our world standing. Ivan Rogers discussed our position and the balance of power in some depth in his lecture and the short book based on it, '9 lessons in Brexit '. It's well worth a read).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Have we discussed QT yet? on 11:16 - Sep 27 with 3373 viewsBluefish

Have we discussed QT yet? on 11:02 - Sep 27 by ITFC_Cotton

Notice how you didn't respond to a positive of leaving the EU though...

We already have combined military in many ways and it makes complete sense to combine resources. We also have no details on this and could presumably veto

Have we discussed QT yet? on 11:17 - Sep 27 with 3370 viewsITFC_Cotton

Have we discussed QT yet? on 11:01 - Sep 27 by eireblue

It didn’t have a well defined outcome.

That much is obvious.

The British Forces are already part of a combined military with EU countries.

It is one subsidised by the Americans.

There’s a difference between coalition and a combined European military, but what do I know I’m only currently serving....
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 17:21]
Have we discussed QT yet? on 11:19 - Sep 27 with 3370 viewsflimflam

Have we discussed QT yet? on 10:54 - Sep 27 by Tangledupin_Blue

So you don't like to read views which disagree with your own? A pity, really; whilst some might help you to affirm your views you might find others of them enlightening.

I despise the woman who is just a puppet for the wealthy elite who are doing all they can to stop brexit from happening.

She claims the moral high ground but everything she does is to assist remain.

Yes she claims she is upholding the law and democracy and I agree she is but only when it suits her agenda.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024