Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haringey and us 19:46 - Oct 20 with 22693 viewsChateauWines

I have just spoken to Club Secretary.

Driving back from Accrington this afternoon I have considered hard what to do about what I heard on terraces today not for the first time. I've been going to football for over 40 years and dont consider myself a snowflake. I also consider the overwhelming majority of our away supporters amongst the best in the land and am proud to consider myself a Tractor Boy.

However....

After the events in Sofia last week and then disturbingly at Haringey involving Yeovil supporters, a certain song mentioned on another thread on here about one of our own players was sung by a small group of 10 or so several times today. It made myself squirm a little as it did others around me. I considered saying something but chickened out, then considered drawing it to attention of a steward or policeman. Thinking that would bring terrible publicity for club I stood and ignored it. It never got going as a song and am sure players didn't hear. Driving home I listened to Haringey manager talking on radio saying supporters should shop others doing and saying these things. I wish now I had stepped up.

What should I do guys?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 15:38]

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Haringey and us on 20:31 - Oct 21 with 4251 viewscrunchie1978

Haringey and us on 19:12 - Oct 21 by textbackup

why have multiple posters ignored the question.

Should the club captain be banned/punished over sporting a sticker quoting said song?

No
Haringey and us on 20:33 - Oct 21 with 4245 viewsyesjohn99

Haringey and us on 20:31 - Oct 21 by crunchie1978

No

Agree

SB
Haringey and us on 20:34 - Oct 21 with 4234 viewsStokieBlue

Haringey and us on 20:33 - Oct 21 by yesjohn99

Agree

SB

Nice try!

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Haringey and us on 20:44 - Oct 21 with 4205 viewsChateauWines

Haringey and us on 20:13 - Oct 21 by textbackup

you only need look at the official ITFC photos pre match to see it.

however, I think this is a massive over reaction. I reckon there are millions more important issues in the world than a few kids singing this song. its incredible that a bunch of white wannabe middle class blokes are so up in arms and offended by it, when the bloke himself doesn't care one single bit. I hope he contacts you personally to say stay out of his business

So if Sky microphone had picked it up and we would all be made to look like stupid mildly racists as a clubs away supporter base that would be okay. I would imagine Toto smiled out of disbelief and not knowing what else to do. If I`m wrong he is happy I will stand corrected.

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Haringey and us on 20:47 - Oct 21 with 4189 viewstextbackup

Haringey and us on 20:34 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

Nice try!

SB

so club should ban the captain?

TB

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Haringey and us on 20:51 - Oct 21 with 4173 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Haringey and us on 20:47 - Oct 21 by textbackup

TB

If he has it pointed out that it is inappropriate and he insists on continuing to endorse it.

I would assume Chambers has more sense.

It is Kick It Out you are arguing with.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Haringey and us on 20:52 - Oct 21 with 4163 viewsSpruceMoose

TB

I think we should ask our captain to set a good example. No need for any punishment. Hopefully he will respond a little better to being informed as to why exactly it is racist than a lot of the posters on here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Haringey and us on 21:56 - Oct 21 with 4120 viewsSitfcB

Haringey and us on 20:44 - Oct 21 by ChateauWines

So if Sky microphone had picked it up and we would all be made to look like stupid mildly racists as a clubs away supporter base that would be okay. I would imagine Toto smiled out of disbelief and not knowing what else to do. If I`m wrong he is happy I will stand corrected.

He said he likes it.... because it’s true

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Haringey and us on 21:57 - Oct 21 with 4119 viewsStokieBlue

TB

Firstly, that's not what I've been discussing. Are you now willing to concede that it's a racist song? I find it very worrying that you can't see that it clearly is.

With regards to Chambers and the fans those are different and independent cases:

Chambers - he should certainly be taken aside and have it explained why that isn't appropriate, he however hasn't been previously warned on the subject so I am sure he will take it on board and do better going forward.

Fans - they were clearly warned by the club that they didn't want the song sung and that it was racist but persisted after the warning. Perhaps they are just a bit stupid but they were warned and the club should follow through on the warning otherwise why would anyone take any future warnings seriously?

That's a longer and better answer than you deserve really but there you go.

SB

Haringey and us on 22:27 - Oct 21 with 4086 viewsSitfcB

Haringey and us on 21:56 - Oct 21 by SitfcB

He said he likes it.... because it’s true

Why the downvote SB?

SB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Haringey and us on 22:28 - Oct 21 with 4088 viewstextbackup

Haringey and us on 21:57 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

Firstly, that's not what I've been discussing. Are you now willing to concede that it's a racist song? I find it very worrying that you can't see that it clearly is.

With regards to Chambers and the fans those are different and independent cases:

Chambers - he should certainly be taken aside and have it explained why that isn't appropriate, he however hasn't been previously warned on the subject so I am sure he will take it on board and do better going forward.

Fans - they were clearly warned by the club that they didn't want the song sung and that it was racist but persisted after the warning. Perhaps they are just a bit stupid but they were warned and the club should follow through on the warning otherwise why would anyone take any future warnings seriously?

That's a longer and better answer than you deserve really but there you go.

SB

Don’t worry yourself what I think, but as we are on the subject, I don’t believe it to be racist

It’s just a really sht song

Can see the conversation ‘here Luke them drips on TWTD are up in arms about that song, fck knows why, but better remove that sticker before they explode’ LC ‘ffs ok’

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Haringey and us on 22:31 - Oct 21 with 4082 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Haringey and us on 20:44 - Oct 21 by ChateauWines

He did say he liked it, in that weirdo Alex griffins interview.

However, the fact that people think that makes it ok are just moronic. It is a sh*t song and is racist, end of. Hopefully these "fanzone virgins" (*Reuser is God-2019) can stop the Toto love in and grow up. Losers.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Haringey and us on 00:25 - Oct 22 with 4002 viewsjeera

Haringey and us on 22:28 - Oct 21 by textbackup

Don’t worry yourself what I think, but as we are on the subject, I don’t believe it to be racist

Can see the conversation ‘here Luke them drips on TWTD are up in arms about that song, fck knows why, but better remove that sticker before they explode’ LC ‘ffs ok’

Anyone saying "Them drips" and not "Those..." probably isn't in a position to refer to others as 'drips', but there you go...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Haringey and us on 00:30 - Oct 22 with 3996 viewsJakeITFC

Haringey and us on 19:12 - Oct 21 by textbackup

why have multiple posters ignored the question.

Should the club captain be banned/punished over sporting a sticker quoting said song?

I don’t think he should be banned and I don’t think the fans should be banned for singing it either.

What should happen is that people get told that it’s racist, it’s therefore not great to sing (or have a sticker on your phone) and that’s the end of it.

The benefit of the doubt starts to wear thin with every game that goes on now, though.
Haringey and us on 01:47 - Oct 22 with 3961 viewsyesjohn99

Haringey and us on 00:30 - Oct 22 by JakeITFC

I don’t think he should be banned and I don’t think the fans should be banned for singing it either.

What should happen is that people get told that it’s racist, it’s therefore not great to sing (or have a sticker on your phone) and that’s the end of it.

The benefit of the doubt starts to wear thin with every game that goes on now, though.

Or

They should get told that’s it’s an awful song which makes the fan base sound like right numptys. Also there is a few posters on twtd that wrongly label it as racist. Either way, stop being silly.
Haringey and us on 06:54 - Oct 22 with 3899 viewsgordon

Haringey and us on 20:13 - Oct 21 by textbackup

you only need look at the official ITFC photos pre match to see it.

however, I think this is a massive over reaction. I reckon there are millions more important issues in the world than a few kids singing this song. its incredible that a bunch of white wannabe middle class blokes are so up in arms and offended by it, when the bloke himself doesn't care one single bit. I hope he contacts you personally to say stay out of his business

Just out of interest, roughly what proportion of our travelling supporters at the game were black?
Haringey and us on 07:20 - Oct 22 with 3882 viewsStokieBlue

Haringey and us on 01:47 - Oct 22 by yesjohn99

Or

They should get told that’s it’s an awful song which makes the fan base sound like right numptys. Also there is a few posters on twtd that wrongly label it as racist. Either way, stop being silly.

It's racist.

The fact you can't understand that reflects rather badly on you.

SB

Haringey and us on 07:21 - Oct 22 with 3878 viewsStokieBlue

Haringey and us on 22:27 - Oct 21 by SitfcB

Why the downvote SB?

SB

Because you're helping to perpetuate the myth that it's not racist when it clearly is by definition.

You've even up voting his nonsense.

SB
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 7:24]

Haringey and us on 07:23 - Oct 22 with 3877 viewsStokieBlue

Haringey and us on 22:28 - Oct 21 by textbackup

And it's been pointed out by a while stream of posters that it is racist by definition. Phil has even posted on the matter including references to the Lukaka incidents.

Perhaps you need to reassess your own attitudes on such matters.

SB

Haringey and us on 07:33 - Oct 22 with 3866 viewsyesjohn99

Haringey and us on 06:54 - Oct 22 by gordon

Just out of interest, roughly what proportion of our travelling supporters at the game were black?

103%.
Haringey and us on 08:00 - Oct 22 with 3837 viewsBrixtonBlue

Haringey and us on 01:47 - Oct 22 by yesjohn99

Or

It is racist. Your ignorance of the fact doesn't make it less so. I suggest you educate yourself.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Haringey and us on 08:38 - Oct 22 with 3805 viewshaynes_toe1

Shows what society is up against when there's still absolute geniuses happy to post online that racist songs aren't racist
Haringey and us on 08:54 - Oct 22 with 3767 viewscrunchie1978

Haringey and us on 12:47 - Oct 21 by footers

It's a racist stereotype, which makes it racist.

If you'd like me to draw a picture instead, let me know.

I'd also say the use of the word 'gammon' is racial stereotyping.....banned around willie(not a big one) nillie on here by a certain few.
Haringey and us on 08:58 - Oct 22 with 3761 viewsGlasgowBlue

Haringey and us on 08:54 - Oct 22 by crunchie1978

I'd also say the use of the word 'gammon' is racial stereotyping.....banned around willie(not a big one) nillie on here by a certain few.

The use of the word gammon is racial stereotyping but it’s not a stereotype that is aimed at people who have been persecuted and discriminated against for hundreds of years.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Haringey and us on 08:59 - Oct 22 with 3761 viewsBluebell

Am I the only one who has never heard the song and still don't know what the words are?

I have only missed 2 games this season (Bolton and Stanley), sit in the middle of the SBR Lower and haven't a clue what anyone is talking about.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024