Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spoke to my friend in Italy just now 13:22 - Mar 13 with 13698 viewsLord_Lucan

They are now being told that if they go out other than for food or medicine they face up to three years in jail.

No one on the streets, only police and military.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 14:50 - Mar 13 with 3053 viewsDyland

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 14:30 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

Oh dear, that's terrible.

I mentioned previously that I don't care about myself and to be honest and brutal my wife and mother are both on the expendable list as we have had our life but I do worry sh1tless about my kids and grandchild - but one has to put on a brave face!

She was in her 60s buh. All evidence thus far points to the kids especially being largely unaffected.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 15:43 - Mar 13 with 2977 viewsmonytowbray

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 14:11 - Mar 13 by jeera

No.

Prove me wrong...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 15:45 - Mar 13 with 2970 viewsjeera

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 15:43 - Mar 13 by monytowbray

Prove me wrong...

It's a new virus.

Veganism is a relatively new concept.

Therefore, it stands to reason that somehow it's because of veganism.

In fact, it's the only logical conclusion.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 15:47 - Mar 13 with 2967 viewsmonytowbray

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 15:45 - Mar 13 by jeera

It's a new virus.

Veganism is a relatively new concept.

Therefore, it stands to reason that somehow it's because of veganism.

In fact, it's the only logical conclusion.

Even BSE was because the cows started eating meat.

TWTD never forgets…

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 15:49 - Mar 13 with 2959 viewsJ2BLUE

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 15:47 - Mar 13 by monytowbray

Proof no one can resist a burger.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 15:52 - Mar 13 with 2939 viewsmonytowbray

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 15:49 - Mar 13 by J2BLUE

I do love a burger, although my recent health kick has oddly turned me off junk food.

TWTD never forgets…

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 15:53 - Mar 13 with 2937 viewsjeera

Not 'even', especially.

Unless you mean Bury St Edmunds.

As far as we know it's the way the meat/livestock was handled in the open markets that's caused this. We (and dare I say the EU) have certain standards because of the understanding of contamination.

Yet, you never know. It may eventually be traced back to some dodgy over-processed tofu somewhere next door to the suspected meat market.

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 15:53 - Mar 13 with 2933 viewsfooters

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 15:49 - Mar 13 by J2BLUE

Aside from John Gummer's daughter.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 16:03 - Mar 13 with 2881 viewsmonytowbray

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 15:53 - Mar 13 by jeera

Not 'even', especially.

Unless you mean Bury St Edmunds.

As far as we know it's the way the meat/livestock was handled in the open markets that's caused this. We (and dare I say the EU) have certain standards because of the understanding of contamination.

Yet, you never know. It may eventually be traced back to some dodgy over-processed tofu somewhere next door to the suspected meat market.

I don't think soy beans get the flue though.

TWTD never forgets…

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 16:07 - Mar 13 with 2865 viewsjeera

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 16:03 - Mar 13 by monytowbray

I don't think soy beans get the flue though.

Bean sprouts then?

I think it's safe to say it was more likely a bat or something along those lines.

Thing is, when livestock is mixed into enclosed spaces germs are gonna mix. Some might like each other too much and make a go of things.

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 16:25 - Mar 13 with 2820 viewsLord_Lucan

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 16:07 - Mar 13 by jeera

Bean sprouts then?

I think it's safe to say it was more likely a bat or something along those lines.

Thing is, when livestock is mixed into enclosed spaces germs are gonna mix. Some might like each other too much and make a go of things.

The problem as well is that the Chinese in some areas do like to eat small animals while they are alive. I'm not sure that is very good for you.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 16:33 - Mar 13 with 2798 viewsjeera

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 16:25 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

The problem as well is that the Chinese in some areas do like to eat small animals while they are alive. I'm not sure that is very good for you.

No.

There can't be too many winners there.

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 16:53 - Mar 13 with 2770 viewsLord_Lucan

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 16:33 - Mar 13 by jeera

No.

There can't be too many winners there.

They even drug them so they don't move around too much.

Italian update - I'm not an anxious person by nature but as the silverback of the family I am looking at the worst scenarios. I just asked matey if there is a problem getting food in the shops and he says that the supermarkets are always full - no problem.

"Some stupid people went mad in the first few days and panic bought but they all ended up infecting each other"

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 17:22 - Mar 13 with 2725 viewsBloomBlue

That wasn't the problem it was because people believed the scientists who said it was ok for cows to eat meat, and let's face it who would ever follow scientists advice?

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 17:24 - Mar 13 with 2723 viewsjaykay

one nuclear power station close by have installed beds washing machines etc. they have to have a min of 7 people in the control room

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 17:32 - Mar 13 with 2703 viewsthorpedo

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 14:27 - Mar 13 by hoppy

I reckon there's a fair bit more to un-ravioli before we see the end of it all.

There's a fusilli puns going on here......

Thorpedo

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 17:34 - Mar 13 with 2693 viewsmonytowbray

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 14:26 - Mar 13 by Dyland

Conversely, I know someone whose mum's (healthy) pal died earlier this week after having had it for five days.

Not to panic people, just to stave off complacency cos plenty of peeps here are really blase, and that's dangerous.

The whole “I’m young and healthy I’ll be fine” angle certainly isn’t true. Plus when people say it they forget some young people aren’t healthy.

TWTD never forgets…

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 17:37 - Mar 13 with 2685 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

if you buy a twix can you go for a pint?
Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 17:39 - Mar 13 with 2681 viewsLord_Lucan

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 17:34 - Mar 13 by monytowbray

The whole “I’m young and healthy I’ll be fine” angle certainly isn’t true. Plus when people say it they forget some young people aren’t healthy.

Actually Callis it is relatively true.

Most people affected and in poor shape or dead are elderly and or people with underlying health conditions. Just because it isn't always the case it doesn't make it not true.

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 17:43 - Mar 13 with 2661 viewsjeera

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 16:53 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

They even drug them so they don't move around too much.

Italian update - I'm not an anxious person by nature but as the silverback of the family I am looking at the worst scenarios. I just asked matey if there is a problem getting food in the shops and he says that the supermarkets are always full - no problem.

"Some stupid people went mad in the first few days and panic bought but they all ended up infecting each other"

Thye drug their food to stop it moving?

Fecking hell.

Has no one pointed out they can also stop it moving by killing and then cooking it?

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 17:43 - Mar 13 with 2661 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 17:39 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

Most people affected and in poor shape or dead are elderly and or people with underlying health conditions. Just because it isn't always the case it doesn't make it not true.

Correct, just like when some in their twenties dies on a ride in Disney world.

Young people have underlying conditions as well
Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 17:47 - Mar 13 with 2650 viewsmonytowbray

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 17:39 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

Chance would be a fine thing. There’s been cases. Statistically unlikely but it is possible.

TWTD never forgets…

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 19:48 - Mar 13 with 2588 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 17:24 - Mar 13 by jaykay

one nuclear power station close by have installed beds washing machines etc. they have to have a min of 7 people in the control room

Nothing to see here....they will be just fine for thousands of years whatever happens.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 20:13 - Mar 13 with 2554 viewsallezlesbleus

Slightly off topic, but I've a mate working on the rigs in one of the "stan" countries, possibly Turkmenistan or Tajikistan, since before New Year. He's supposed to do something like 1 month on, 1 month off. He hasn't been allowed to leave, because no new engineers are allowed in, so it looks like he will be doing a minimum of 3 months solid, 16 hour days, 7 days per week. Still, his bank account will be bursting at the seems when he gets home.
Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 20:37 - Mar 13 with 2526 viewsLord_Lucan

Spoke to my friend in Italy just now on 20:13 - Mar 13 by allezlesbleus

Slightly off topic, but I've a mate working on the rigs in one of the "stan" countries, possibly Turkmenistan or Tajikistan, since before New Year. He's supposed to do something like 1 month on, 1 month off. He hasn't been allowed to leave, because no new engineers are allowed in, so it looks like he will be doing a minimum of 3 months solid, 16 hour days, 7 days per week. Still, his bank account will be bursting at the seems when he gets home.

Let's hop he get's home!

Blah de blah but one of my mates in our Whatsapp group sent me a vid of Italians singing out of their windows in solidarity - it really is heartwarming stuff. I sent the vid to matey and he confirms they are adopting the British spirit in getting by.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024