Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember when Saints ditched Adkins? 11:57 - Nov 2 with 2057 viewsCoco

Or when Brentford dumped Warburton?

Strong leadership with a long term vision. Ditch Lambert - he is awful.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Appleton is a hugely underrated.... on 12:54 - Nov 2 with 467 viewsBloots

Yep, get rid of him now..... on 12:36 - Nov 2 by itfcjoe

Difference between him and Adkins is that Soton board viewed NA as taking them as far as he can so could still be seen as a successful appointment.

Not the case here.

It's a big worry that over the last 2 Saturday's we have played sides who just looked much better coached than us; and the Lincoln side was only put together in the summer so it isn't about the longevity of who has been there

....coach.

As we know, Lambert isn't exactly hands on at training.

I wonder how that's working with Gill having the 'rona?

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Yep, get rid of him now..... on 12:57 - Nov 2 with 462 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Yep, get rid of him now..... on 12:36 - Nov 2 by itfcjoe

Difference between him and Adkins is that Soton board viewed NA as taking them as far as he can so could still be seen as a successful appointment.

Not the case here.

It's a big worry that over the last 2 Saturday's we have played sides who just looked much better coached than us; and the Lincoln side was only put together in the summer so it isn't about the longevity of who has been there

The other problem there will be is, how do you sack a manager who is currently sitting second.

Whilst we all know that doesn't tell the full story, and merely papers over the cracks, considering Evans didn't sack after finishing 11th, backed Lamebrt again in the summer, currently sitting 2nd there is little to zero chance of Lambert getting the axe anytime soon until we seriously slide down the league.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Appleton is a hugely underrated.... on 12:59 - Nov 2 with 465 viewsitfcjoe

Appleton is a hugely underrated.... on 12:54 - Nov 2 by Bloots

....coach.

As we know, Lambert isn't exactly hands on at training.

I wonder how that's working with Gill having the 'rona?

Maybe Gill's absence has led to the downturn over last 3 games in performance?

I do think our absences are really hindering us in midfield so there are some excuses for PL, but it does seem a bit of a muddle in there at the moment.

Effectively played Judge alongside Dozzell in a 4231 for large periods on Saturday which is mental - but options are limited.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Yep, get rid of him now..... on 12:59 - Nov 2 with 456 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, get rid of him now..... on 12:57 - Nov 2 by TheTrueBlue1878

The other problem there will be is, how do you sack a manager who is currently sitting second.

Whilst we all know that doesn't tell the full story, and merely papers over the cracks, considering Evans didn't sack after finishing 11th, backed Lamebrt again in the summer, currently sitting 2nd there is little to zero chance of Lambert getting the axe anytime soon until we seriously slide down the league.

Put simply, you can't and also you shouldn't

Even I have sympathy for him..... on 13:06 - Nov 2 with 447 viewsBloots

Appleton is a hugely underrated.... on 12:59 - Nov 2 by itfcjoe

I do think our absences are really hindering us in midfield so there are some excuses for PL, but it does seem a bit of a muddle in there at the moment.

Effectively played Judge alongside Dozzell in a 4231 for large periods on Saturday which is mental - but options are limited.

...in respect of the injuries.

Plainly we miss Downes and dare I say it, Skuse too.

We are however back to not having a clue how certain areas of the team will line up from one game to the next, and that's with the fairly limited options available.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Remember when Saints ditched Adkins? on 13:16 - Nov 2 with 433 viewsEireannach_gorm

Remember when Saints ditched Adkins? on 12:44 - Nov 2 by EdwardStone

Didn't Bolton sack Fat Sam when they were high up in the Prem....lack of ambition or some such nonsense

Turned out well for the club, no?

We probably won't be sacking our manager if we ever get to the Premiership and is definitely not an issue under Lambert.
Appleton is a hugely underrated.... on 13:29 - Nov 2 with 421 viewsIllinoisblue

Appleton is a hugely underrated.... on 12:59 - Nov 2 by itfcjoe

Who did Burley get in to help with the coaching; Bryan Hamilton and Stewart Houston? Can’t see Lambert doing something like that

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Yep, get rid of him now..... on 13:29 - Nov 2 with 418 viewshomer_123

Yep, get rid of him now..... on 12:54 - Nov 2 by itfcjoe

I don't see that as a reason to not change if it isn't working.

So it's purely about a gamble then?

Is Evans more likely to get the right appointment next or is Lambert more likely to take us up.

The sad fact is.....it's likely neither.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Remember when Saints ditched Adkins? on 13:31 - Nov 2 with 414 viewsdavblue

Remember when Saints ditched Adkins? on 12:18 - Nov 2 by Illinoisblue

I’d give Lambert a generous 4/10 for his time with us. He’s shown nothing to suggest things will get any better. Wouldn’t be at all bothered if we got rid. That though is hoping that Evans/LON can make a good appointment.

very, very generous.

2 For me so far.
Cool story bro..... on 13:34 - Nov 2 with 407 viewsPendejo

Cool story bro..... on 12:52 - Nov 2 by Bloots

.....literally didn't happen.

Maybe not Bolton, but Charlton ditched Curbishley for consistently finishing 8th or 9th didn't they?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Yep, get rid of him now..... on 13:41 - Nov 2 with 405 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, get rid of him now..... on 13:29 - Nov 2 by homer_123

So it's purely about a gamble then?

Is Evans more likely to get the right appointment next or is Lambert more likely to take us up.

The sad fact is.....it's likely neither.

It's about wanting better, with the only think likely to be able to be changed

Remember when Saints ditched Adkins? on 13:47 - Nov 2 with 393 viewsIllinoisblue

Remember when Saints ditched Adkins? on 13:31 - Nov 2 by davblue

very, very generous.

2 For me so far.

I was cutting him some slack due to our injuries but yes, a 2 or 3 rating is probably more accurate.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Yep, get rid of him now..... on 13:54 - Nov 2 with 378 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Yep, get rid of him now..... on 12:59 - Nov 2 by itfcjoe

Put simply, you can't and also you shouldn't

Yeah you are right.

Also think you make a good point on Matt Gill's abscence from previous 3 games. By all accounts taken a much more tacticial hands on role this year I believe?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Cool story bro..... on 14:03 - Nov 2 with 365 viewsChurchman

Cool story bro..... on 13:34 - Nov 2 by Pendejo

Maybe not Bolton, but Charlton ditched Curbishley for consistently finishing 8th or 9th didn't they?

They did indeed. Allardyce left Bolton though because he felt they lacked ambition.

Managers go for all sorts of reasons. The biggest resignation laugh for Ipswich was Bill McGarry leaving for a bigger club with more potential in Wolves. We got lumbered with Bobby Robson... goodness knows what McGarry thought 10 years later.

The best sacking was Bobby Robson by Newcastle. 4th or 5th and European football wasn’t good enough and they’ve spent all the years since re-writing history by denying they kicked him out. They’ve even got that second rate statue of him to blub over, but couldn’t ship him out fast enough at the time.

Lambert? I’d fire him but it’s not going to happen with that contract he has.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 14:09]
Yep, get rid of him now..... on 14:06 - Nov 2 with 363 viewshomer_123

Yep, get rid of him now..... on 13:41 - Nov 2 by itfcjoe

It's about wanting better, with the only think likely to be able to be changed

But it 'is' a gamble even if it's coming from a position of wanting better.

Given Evans history - it suggests that it would get worse and not better with a change in manager. With the exception of Mick, each appointment has seen us move backwards and become less and less of a team and club.

By the by, I'm not a Lambert advocate - more of a pragmatist and realist - whilst you are correct that Lambert is the thing that can be changed, the person changing it has a a very poor history in making good appointments.

So, it's an utter gamble and not even a calculated one at that.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Remember when Saints ditched Adkins? on 14:25 - Nov 2 with 354 viewsclive_baker

Not happening.

He took us down without much fight, and signed some absolute t0ss designed to help us in that battle. Elder, Quaner, Keane, Dawkins. None of them ever looked like they particularly wanted to be here or were a marked improvement on what he inherited.

Last season was an utter car crash, from early pace setters, albeit never truly looking convincing, to complete cack when the wheels fell off. Gutless, pedestrian, devoid of any creativity or confidence. He was dealt a decent hand with regards to the squad in L1, and his permanent recruitment has been half decent (Norwood felt right at the time, KVY, Ward), but he hasn't got anything close to the most out of it. There was a lot of talk over pre season but I know from different sources that there was a lot not right behind the scenes. Frankly I think Lambert was lucky that the season was curtailed, or he would've been off, and as fans we're lucky that we've got a squad of professionals who are playing for themselves as much as anything else IMO, and good luck to them.

I'm not yet prepared to give PL too much credit for our start this season, and I remain unconvinced that we have the resolve or leadership to sustain a promotion push. We are better this season, both on paper and on grass, but you have to ask why it took so long to correct what was blindingly obviously wrong even to the likes of ME who had to put his foot down with his constant chopping and changing.

On balance I think he's done a crap job, but thanks to ME dishing him out a new contract I would imagine he's very expensive to get rid of. All that said there's no way I would pull the trigger right now, we've got 22 points from 30, so we're getting something at least a little bit right at the moment, whether it be luck or judgement. Extrapolate a 2.2 ppg over the season and that's over 100 points. I'm not saying it will continue, but he's probably owed the chance to see if the corner has been turned. Assess at the turn of the year and act before its too late if the fragility of last season is showing signs of creeping back in.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 14:31]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

But we were and.... on 14:35 - Nov 2 with 335 viewsbournemouthblue

But we were and.... on 12:42 - Nov 2 by homer_123

'This year is different from last, our football is clearly better, and we’re 2nd. Really don’t understand the negativity on here.'

Just a small point - at times the football has been better - earlier in the season we certainly were on the front foot more and knocking the ball about nicely and effectively.

However, the last three games have seen more of a return to last season with some labored pedestrian football at times. Couple that with being shown up against a better team it is very much 'deja vu' from last season as I said weeks ago.

The issue for me remains - against better sides we struggle and get punished for mistakes - against mid table/ lower league opposition we get away with it. Whilst winning when not playing well is a good thing (and part of football) - being able to return to playing well quickly is equally important and it is here than Lamberts form is still, very much, questionable.

There's a small caveat there in the sense that we still have some of our key players out injured

Yes, we have still picked sides who should be good at this level but our first choice eleven is the side we should truly judge him on

I think he knows himself, we are going to need to tread water and hang on in there until the likes of Jackson, Norwood, KVY, Downes and even Skuse are available again regularly

There was a lot of talk about us having the best squad in the division which was always blindly optimistic. One of the best certainly but by no means the best and one which very much underperformed in the second half of last season without question.

The jury is out on Lambert but in fairness to him, I think his signings have generally been successful so he doesn't seem to do too badly in the transfer market and he wants to play the right way. Whether he knows how to get the best out of the side ultimately is another debate but he isn't quite as hopeless as some people like to think.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 14:37]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024