Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Email Sent to Lee O’Neil 17:27 - Nov 28 with 7430 viewsSwailsey

Subject: TWTD (please read)

“Hey Lee,

If it’s true and Phil has been banned, this is an incredibly tone-deaf, ludicrous decision which has backfired on you within minutes of the announcement.

They have done more for the club over the years than Mr Lambert has, and ever will do.

They maintain an unbiased, largely polite (when they are able to get to the threads quickly enough!) website, one which makes our club respectful, compared to the dross you see on other boards.

This is a bad, bad move - and you may have just burned any remaining bridges of goodwill you had left.

You seem like a decent guy from what I’ve seen and heard. This is poor.”
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 21:14]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 18:31 - Nov 28 with 2041 viewsjeera

Dear Lee,

What the f*** are you all playing at?

J.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 18:33 - Nov 28 with 2033 viewsSwansea_Blue

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 18:31 - Nov 28 by jeera

Dear Lee,

J.

That sums it up.

For some bizarre reason I was wondering what Bloots' response would be.

Probably something along the lines of 'oh Lambert (in the thread title of course), you silly sod'.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 18:34 - Nov 28 with 2029 viewsNewcyBlue

“Good day,

I am writing to convey my disgust at the banning of Phil Ham, TWTD owner, from the press conferences by our manager, Paul Lambert.

TWTD is a fantastic place full of knowledgeable posters. Many of whom have contacts within the club.

It’s a shame that Mr Lambert sees fit to ban Phil rather than ensure any leaks are stopped.

I work at sea, and live in South Shields. I tell my 7 year old of the nature of our club. A family club. The last time I really felt this was at the player awards evening in April 2018.

If we were to let a leak continue on board my ship it would be disastrous. Our manager obviously feels annoyed that the leak happened. Maybe he should identify the source and fix it.

I really cannot comprehend the thought process that led to Phil Ham being banned. It seems to be as random as the decisions being made on the pitch by our manager.

We once had managers with integrity, managers who had pride to have Ipswich Town coursing through their veins.

One day we will again. “

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 18:42 - Nov 28 with 1988 viewsSenatorBlue

Sent too...

Hi Lee

As a season ticket holder who has continued to pay regardless of the inability to watch the live football I pay for, and supporter of Ipswich Town of 42 years, I am watching with interest as to how the club handles the reported ban of Phil Ham from press access, due to a leak which appeared within his forum, that at its origins can only have originated from within the club itself.

In the current circumstances, added to another downturn in performances, alienating your fan base, I would suggest, is not the wisest move by the club.

I look forward to reading this week that this illogical decision has been reversed and a formal apology issued.

I would also suggest the club concentrates their efforts upon improving performances on the field.

Regards,
Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 18:56 - Nov 28 with 1960 viewsJ2BLUE

Dear Mr O'Neill

Apologies that you are taking the brunt of this for something that I assume was not your decision but I am disgusted that Phil Ham has been banned from press conferences and urge you to reconsider this immediately.

Blaming Phil for someone posting team news is like blaming the headmaster for a child writing on the walls at school. Phil, unlike most of us on the forum, has a life and cannot babysit us 24/7.

We both know this is one last roll of the dice from Paul Lambert who is failing miserably and has been ever since he stepped through the door. It is time for him to go.

I was a season ticket holder last season but gave up when it became clear Lambert is a fraud and is taking our club backwards. Phil Ham will be attending a press conference before I attend another game. Please remember that TWTD and the site users will be here long after Paul Lambert has left our club. The club needs a strong local media.

Please urge Marcus Evans to overturn this decision.

Yours sincerely

J2BLUE's real name

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:15 - Nov 28 with 1912 viewsHerbivore

Here's my effort:

"Dear Lee,

I hope that you are aware of the current mood amongst the fan base regarding Paul Lambert. Much as many of us appreciated his attempts to reconnect with the fans during our relegation season we have, frankly, been utterly terrible on the pitch for the overwhelming majority of his 2+ years here. Most fans were staggered when he was given a new contract after 2 months without a win in the third division, but for him to stay on after guiding us to an 11th place finish felt like a new low. No other club would tolerate such a poor performance. This season, nothing has really changed. We look less organised and less well coached than every side we face and despite some decent wins early doors where our quality players made the difference, we've quickly reverted back to dreadful performances where we don't look like scoring and readily concede soft goals. There's been no progress. Lambert needs to go.

Our manager's terrible performance on the field is, however, secondary to my disgust at his decision to ban Phil Ham of TWTD from the club. Phil is well liked and well respected by the fans and fellow journalists. That he has been scapegoated because of a leak in the camp is ridiculous. But I guess when you can't find your backside with both hands you're not likely to find the source of the leak, so easier to act like a tinpot dictator and ban a journalist and fan who does a great job instead. Ridiculous. And frankly it sums up his increasingly terrible attitude. He's spikey with the media, he throws young players under the bus in public. What is he meant to be good at exactly?

I've supported the club for over 30 years and have had season tickets for 10 of those despite never actually living in the town. I've been following games on iPlayer this season but after Lambert's recent actions coupled with his awful performance in terms of performances and results I can say how that the club will not get a single penny further from me until Lambert is gone and Phil Ham is allowed back at the club. Phil represents much that is good about ITFC, Lambert does not. He puts the club in a poor light and he does not act as an Ipswich Town manager should act. He's also patently without a clue how to do his job, as evidenced by Marcus Evans having to remind him of some fairly basic tenets of the job over the summer. That should really have been when the penny dropped that it was time for him to go, we are now well past time.

Regards,

Herb I. Vore"

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:19 - Nov 28 with 1881 viewsNewcyBlue

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:15 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

Here's my effort:

"Dear Lee,

I hope that you are aware of the current mood amongst the fan base regarding Paul Lambert. Much as many of us appreciated his attempts to reconnect with the fans during our relegation season we have, frankly, been utterly terrible on the pitch for the overwhelming majority of his 2+ years here. Most fans were staggered when he was given a new contract after 2 months without a win in the third division, but for him to stay on after guiding us to an 11th place finish felt like a new low. No other club would tolerate such a poor performance. This season, nothing has really changed. We look less organised and less well coached than every side we face and despite some decent wins early doors where our quality players made the difference, we've quickly reverted back to dreadful performances where we don't look like scoring and readily concede soft goals. There's been no progress. Lambert needs to go.

Our manager's terrible performance on the field is, however, secondary to my disgust at his decision to ban Phil Ham of TWTD from the club. Phil is well liked and well respected by the fans and fellow journalists. That he has been scapegoated because of a leak in the camp is ridiculous. But I guess when you can't find your backside with both hands you're not likely to find the source of the leak, so easier to act like a tinpot dictator and ban a journalist and fan who does a great job instead. Ridiculous. And frankly it sums up his increasingly terrible attitude. He's spikey with the media, he throws young players under the bus in public. What is he meant to be good at exactly?

I've supported the club for over 30 years and have had season tickets for 10 of those despite never actually living in the town. I've been following games on iPlayer this season but after Lambert's recent actions coupled with his awful performance in terms of performances and results I can say how that the club will not get a single penny further from me until Lambert is gone and Phil Ham is allowed back at the club. Phil represents much that is good about ITFC, Lambert does not. He puts the club in a poor light and he does not act as an Ipswich Town manager should act. He's also patently without a clue how to do his job, as evidenced by Marcus Evans having to remind him of some fairly basic tenets of the job over the summer. That should really have been when the penny dropped that it was time for him to go, we are now well past time.

Regards,

Herb I. Vore"

The reply will be

“tl;dr”

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:21 - Nov 28 with 1864 viewsHerbivore

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:19 - Nov 28 by NewcyBlue

The reply will be

“tl;dr”

He won't read any of them, but it was enjoyable to rant.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:24 - Nov 28 with 1843 viewsbluefunk

Mr O'Neill
As a supporter of ITFC for 55 years and a season ticket holder, I hope you will forgive me emailing you directly. 
In all that time I have never joined in with any "anti-manager" movements of any kind, until now. That the club was falling short on the field was obvious, but that malais appears to have spread to off the field matters with the banning  of Phil Ham.
TWTD is the place where thousands of fans get their information (as I have done for the last 22 years for example) and where Phil has always ensured that the tone is supportive of the club. The reasons for his ban are petty and ignore any issues which must, by definition, exist within the club under the "leadership" of Paul Lambert.
I am sure the club doesn't need season ticket holders cancelling direct debits in their droves, however, this decision appears top be the last straw for many. Sadly, I will be among those who do cancel while that absolute charlatan remains in charge of the first team

I hope you will forgive any intemperate language but for the first time ever, I am ashamed to be a supporter of the club I love
Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:28 - Nov 28 with 1809 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well said.

What’s the email address? I’d too like to offer my thoughts on such a cowardly decision.

Edit - Just seen Witchdoctors thread. Emailing now.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 19:30]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:38 - Nov 28 with 1759 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Emailed them this with the title ‘Cowards’:

‘If the recent attitude, results and performances wasn’t bad enough in recent weeks, today is the final straw. Hearing Phil Ham has been banned from Press Conferences is an absolute disgrace of a decision. It’s a decision based on cowardice and spite.

It isn’t the decision of the Ipswich Town I’ve come to know and love. That’s not a decision from the club I support. It’s not a decision a season ticket holder and dedicated fan like myself will allow myself to continue. I’ll be cancelling my season ticket on Monday. Paul Lambert, Marcus Evans and anyone associated with such a decision ought to be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Sincerely,
A very disappointed and disgusted fan.’

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:39 - Nov 28 with 1738 viewswkj

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:38 - Nov 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Emailed them this with the title ‘Cowards’:

‘If the recent attitude, results and performances wasn’t bad enough in recent weeks, today is the final straw. Hearing Phil Ham has been banned from Press Conferences is an absolute disgrace of a decision. It’s a decision based on cowardice and spite.

It isn’t the decision of the Ipswich Town I’ve come to know and love. That’s not a decision from the club I support. It’s not a decision a season ticket holder and dedicated fan like myself will allow myself to continue. I’ll be cancelling my season ticket on Monday. Paul Lambert, Marcus Evans and anyone associated with such a decision ought to be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Sincerely,
A very disappointed and disgusted fan.’

It is easy to be emotive in these situations, but try to be measured (as hard as it is). The last thing we need it to seem militant which might further drive a wedge in Town's relationship with Phil.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:41 - Nov 28 with 1726 viewsbentley_blue

Email sent.....

Good evening Lee,

I’ve been a supporter of my club, Ipswich Town since I was a young boy. Feeling disappointed after a bad result on a Saturday night is part of being a football fan. As a now father with children of my own, this is something I am trying to teach them.

I understand what the club are trying to do by getting a proven manager on a long contact and introduce academy products into the squad. I am a placid person, I don’t believe in booing my clubs manager and I have never felt the need to email the club threatening to ‘burn my season ticket’ or similar but after Paul Lambert’s decision to ban Phil Ham (TWTD) from Portman Road, I had to email the club and let them know because of how upset I am with this decision; I will not be purchasing the two ITFC kits I was going to buy as Christmas presents for my children as I have done every year since they were born. Nor will I be paying ITFC £10 to watch gams on iFollow.

I have always found TWTD’s reporting very balanced and I believe their reporting is a positive influence on the websites users. The decision to ban Phil Ham surely cannot be something the club supports. The club have worked so hard to try and repair it’s relationship with the fans but Mr Lambert really isn’t helping with actions like this.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 20:44]
Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:43 - Nov 28 with 1704 viewsbluelagos

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:39 - Nov 28 by wkj

It is easy to be emotive in these situations, but try to be measured (as hard as it is). The last thing we need it to seem militant which might further drive a wedge in Town's relationship with Phil.

Think Rommers is quite entitled to take that position myself.

Anyhow, have never known the fan base to be so clearly united on an issue. Given the clear comms going in am sure the club will do the necessary to smooth it over asap.

If they dont, they are utter fcking....am sure they will.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:47 - Nov 28 with 1676 viewswkj

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:43 - Nov 28 by bluelagos

Think Rommers is quite entitled to take that position myself.

Anyhow, have never known the fan base to be so clearly united on an issue. Given the clear comms going in am sure the club will do the necessary to smooth it over asap.

If they dont, they are utter fcking....am sure they will.

Oh the position is absolutely justified, I would just hate for his voice to be deleted instantly by someone responding to an email titled in that way.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:50 - Nov 28 with 1652 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:39 - Nov 28 by wkj

I see what you mean and I’d hate to have done more harm than good (hopefully that’s not how it’s come across).

I’ve never before turned by back on the club. But today’s decision, to me, highlights that the current shambles is not the Ipswich town I support. I won’t be associated with it. For Lambert to come to the conclusion that banning Phil is ok, and then for people at the club to let that decision go ahead, and to believe that’s morally correct, is deplorable.

‘We want our Ipswich back’.

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:55 - Nov 28 with 1620 viewsBbmaj

I can't believe it has come to this...

Hi Lee,

I am writing to you as an Ipswich fan of 40+ years, unswerving in my loyalty and always able to see the best in a situation.

This season has been challenging for many reasons, but I have appreciated being able to pay to view the games and happy to pay £10 for the privilege. However, today will be the last time I contribute in financial or other terms, following the news the Phil Ham of TWTD is banned from Press Conferences at Ipswich Town. I have met Phil and respected him for 20+ years, you must know that he provides an essential resource for fans and deserves far better than this.

If the reasons stated are true, that this is related to a user of the bulletin board leaking a team sheet, then it cannot be reasonable to respond in this manner. I am appalled by the arrogance displayed, it shows a disregard and total lack of connection for the people that matter, the fans of the club, so I will respond in the only manner appropriate - to turn my back until my club has returned to normal.

I am not demanding that the manager is fired. I do not expect Mr Evans to harvest a magical money tree (although this season may be a critical time for the club, with the salary cap hindering future promotion ambitions). However, I do expect us to maintain longstanding tradition and be a club of integrity, worthy of my support.

Please reflect on the situation and do the right thing, I hope to be able to return soon to supporting the one and only football club that matters to me.

With hope, B

cc to Paul and Marcus.
Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:58 - Nov 28 with 1615 viewsPhilTWTD

For the sake of clarity, Lee isn't behind the ban and has been working on helping resolve the situation. Not fair to lay the blame at his door as I think some people are.

However, thanks to all those saying such kind things about TWTD and me in this thread.
Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 20:00 - Nov 28 with 1581 viewsSwailsey

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 19:58 - Nov 28 by PhilTWTD

For the sake of clarity, Lee isn't behind the ban and has been working on helping resolve the situation. Not fair to lay the blame at his door as I think some people are.

However, thanks to all those saying such kind things about TWTD and me in this thread.

Hey Phil,

I don’t think people think it’s Lee.

My email may read like that actually, but I name PL and then say Lee is nice at the end. Hopefully that’s clear.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 20:00]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 20:00 - Nov 28 with 1581 viewsjeera

To be fair, there's a few also acknowledging that.

But it's also about the greater issues isn't it?

This nonsense with you is the final straw.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 20:03 - Nov 28 with 1561 viewswitchdoctor

I don’t think anyone is blaming Lee are they?..just using him as a conduit to those above him..
Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 20:03 - Nov 28 with 1555 viewsTractorJed

Email sent.
Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 21:05 - Nov 28 with 1476 viewsNewcyBlue

I think Lee is just our easiest access to let our feelings known.

I’m sure it will do no harm, especially that we seem to have all put in our emails that it’s Lambert that has banned you.

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 05:15 - Nov 29 with 1360 viewsSwailsey

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 18:31 - Nov 28 by jeera

Dear Lee,

J.

Far more succinct!

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 07:10 - Nov 29 with 1308 viewscarlisleaway

Email Sent to Lee O’Neil on 05:15 - Nov 29 by Swailsey

Far more succinct!

Might also be worthwhile bombarding the EADT and Mark Murphy on BBC Radio Suffolk

This will not go away until us fans show our feelings towards the Press and Media, Lambert has to go if this club has any chance of making the play offs.

Lee O, Neill has taken the brunt of our feelings as we have no other outlet to make contact with or show our real feelings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024