Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? 15:53 - Dec 13 with 5068 viewsdominiciawful

I mean, somebody who would properly gee up his team-mates and drag them all up when things weren't going right?

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 18:40 - Dec 13 with 2354 viewsbournemouthblue

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 15:57 - Dec 13 by Lowie

Matt Holland and then later Magic Jim.

Nothing in their league since sadly.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 15:58]

De Vos was fairly good

Who was our Captain under Magic?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 18:53 - Dec 13 with 2345 viewsBlueBadger

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 17:11 - Dec 13 by jayessess

There you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ipswich_Town_F.C._seasons

LOL

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 19:14 - Dec 13 with 2328 viewsBlueBadger

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 17:25 - Dec 13 by jayessess

He's not why we are where we are, either this season or over the longer term, but he's not lifting us up either.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 17:26]

Be fair here, look what he's up against.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 19:37 - Dec 13 with 2326 viewsGlasgowBlue

JDV

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 19:49 - Dec 13 with 2309 viewsbrogansnose

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 19:37 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

JDV

Yep. We may not have been one of the classic Town sides with him but the man was a true leader on the pitch.
Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 19:57 - Dec 13 with 2305 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The answer is Chambers. However, he’s really disappointed me of late with his hands to the ears bollox. Absolutely ridiculous gesture doing nothing but further the divide between management and fans.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 20:29 - Dec 13 with 2287 viewsistanblue

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 15:56 - Dec 13 by Illinoisblue

Chambers

Not anymore. For the first few years he was captain under Mick yes, but since then he's either done a bit of shouting or stayed silent when things were going badly.
Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 21:12 - Dec 13 with 2272 viewsBlueBadger

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 20:29 - Dec 13 by istanblue

Not anymore. For the first few years he was captain under Mick yes, but since then he's either done a bit of shouting or stayed silent when things were going badly.

...as long as you ignore that whole 'looked to rally the entire squad when Hurst got sacked' thing, for example.

Login to get fewer ads

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 21:16 - Dec 13 with 2270 viewsKropotkin123

I liked Captain Obvious... whatever happened to them?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 21:19 - Dec 13 with 2263 viewsAlanG296

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 21:16 - Dec 13 by Kropotkin123

I liked Captain Obvious... whatever happened to them?

Dunno but we do have Captain Oblivious.
Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 21:48 - Dec 13 with 2245 viewsistanblue

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 21:12 - Dec 13 by BlueBadger

...as long as you ignore that whole 'looked to rally the entire squad when Hurst got sacked' thing, for example.

And got relegated.
Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 21:59 - Dec 13 with 2241 viewschrismakin

Chambers pre Hurst

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 23:53 - Dec 13 with 2207 viewsBlueBadger

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 21:48 - Dec 13 by istanblue

And got relegated.

Yeah, it was totally Chmbers who played a series of ineffective formations, didn't coach the side and bought drinks rather than got results.

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 07:04 - Dec 14 with 2149 views26_Paz

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 16:27 - Dec 13 by Wickets

Chambers of course not too sure he is able to do it now but he did for years .

Exactly this. Chambers did it for Mick’s side that got in the play offs and challenged for them a couple of years either side of that play off season. Not doing it now though, sadly.

The Paz Man

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 08:02 - Dec 14 with 2134 viewsHerbivore

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 21:48 - Dec 13 by istanblue

And got relegated.

I guess Matt Holland wasn't really up to it as a captain either, given he got us relegated too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 08:18 - Dec 14 with 2123 viewsSimonds92

How many of those 'my best XI' things KD did had Chambers in? Loads of them based on his leadership qualities, people saying he's the best captain they've had. Our ex players on social media have a great respect for him too. He addressed the fans and spoke well after Hurst. As a previous post said, unfortunately he has pretty much been the only leader for a long period of time, whereas for example Holland had at least 5/6 other leaders on the pitch with him at any one time.
Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 10:08 - Dec 14 with 2091 viewsBlueBadger

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 21:59 - Dec 13 by chrismakin

Chambers pre Hurst

And, based on his actions after he got the sack, post-Hurst as well.

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 10:20 - Dec 14 with 2086 viewsHerbivore

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 10:08 - Dec 14 by BlueBadger

And, based on his actions after he got the sack, post-Hurst as well.

One thing that is unique about Chambers is that he's the only captain in our history that has been expected to singlehandedly counteract inept ownership and management and lead us to success regardless. These guys who seem to slate him must actually rate him really highly to think he's capable of lifting a team to that extent on his own whilst hamstrung by the two worst managers we've ever had.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 10:25 - Dec 14 with 2083 viewsjayessess

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 08:18 - Dec 14 by Simonds92

How many of those 'my best XI' things KD did had Chambers in? Loads of them based on his leadership qualities, people saying he's the best captain they've had. Our ex players on social media have a great respect for him too. He addressed the fans and spoke well after Hurst. As a previous post said, unfortunately he has pretty much been the only leader for a long period of time, whereas for example Holland had at least 5/6 other leaders on the pitch with him at any one time.

Pretty ludicrous to have Chambers in a best XI, really. The only good team we had that he played in he was one of the weaker players in it!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Who was the last captain we had who truly led by example? on 10:52 - Dec 14 with 2077 viewsitfc_bucks

Chambers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024