Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Key workers 23:29 - Jan 4 with 875 viewsRocky

Obviously the elderly and those at risk through health issues, NHS staff, care home workers etc should be prioritised, then it's down to descending age groups.
Shouldn't a case be made for key workers - those who have to keep working?
This group would include essential shop workers, delivery office staff etc etc who by the present system would have to wait their turn by age.
Key workers on 23:35 - Jan 4 with 837 viewsJ2BLUE

You'd think so wouldn't you? I feel like we threw shop workers to the wolves a little bit. Maybe we didn't have a choice but while others were out of the firing line at home getting 80% pay they've been at great risk doing their normal hours for the same pay. An early vaccine might be the least we owed them really.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Key workers on 23:48 - Jan 4 with 802 viewsRocky

Key workers on 23:35 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

You'd think so wouldn't you? I feel like we threw shop workers to the wolves a little bit. Maybe we didn't have a choice but while others were out of the firing line at home getting 80% pay they've been at great risk doing their normal hours for the same pay. An early vaccine might be the least we owed them really.

Quite. And as the point of it all is to cut Covid transmission, those key workers who still have contact with the public - and with their fellow staff - need some priority over someone of a similar age working safely from home.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 0:03]
Key workers on 01:43 - Jan 5 with 727 viewsjeera

Agree that makes more sense and you could include bus and taxi drivers etc easily in categories that should be prioritised.

I suppose logistically that would make roll-out more complicated though as each individual would need clarifying rather than swathes by age group.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Key workers on 08:08 - Jan 5 with 569 viewsitfcjoe

Whilst I don't disagree, it just adds a layer of complication to something that needs as little bureaucracy as possible in order for the numbers that need to be hit to be done effectively.

There is such a priority list even amongst key workers that it would be very difficult to administer - we just need to get the numbers of vaccinations up to 3,4,5 million a week and just blitz through everyone - it's the only way out of this.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024