Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Going to stick my neck on the line 19:11 - Feb 10 with 3180 viewssaffers12

And say he will be gone by Monday
Going to stick my neck on the line on 19:13 - Feb 10 with 3163 viewsSuperblue95

He won’t be gone until the end of the season or when we mathematically can’t make the play offs at the very earliest.

It’s all so very depressing

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Going to stick my neck on the line on 19:15 - Feb 10 with 3134 viewsazuremerlangus

Going to stick my neck on the line on 19:13 - Feb 10 by Superblue95

He won’t be gone until the end of the season or when we mathematically can’t make the play offs at the very earliest.

It’s all so very depressing

The maths are creeping up on us very quickly whilst we keep getting results like last night.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Going to stick my neck on the line on 19:17 - Feb 10 with 3106 viewsHerbivore

Going to stick my neck on the line on 19:15 - Feb 10 by azuremerlangus

The maths are creeping up on us very quickly whilst we keep getting results like last night.

The maths will take weeks/months for it to be impossible. There's still 66 points to play for and a gap of only 4 points to the top 6 currently. We're in got a long and unenjoyable ride in the meantime.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Going to stick my neck on the line on 19:39 - Feb 10 with 2987 viewsJamestownPrince

Monday June 3rd

Going to stick my neck on the line on 19:54 - Feb 10 with 2898 viewswkj

Sadly we're just kicking the can of hope one step at a time. "Lambert's Last Chance" or posts to those effect have not been in short supply over the last couple of months, and each time the expectation is not met.

Lambert isn't going anywhere, not until the mathematics are beyond our reach - and even then I wouldn't bet on it being a sure thing that he goes.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 19:58]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Going to stick my neck on the line on 06:27 - Feb 11 with 2609 viewsFrimleyBlue

Someone apparently won't be at training this morning............................................

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Going to stick my neck on the line on 07:01 - Feb 11 with 2562 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Going to stick my neck on the line on 06:27 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

Someone apparently won't be at training this morning............................................

Yes, sorry about that.

I have a delivery of shelving coming and, what with the inclement weather and everything, they couldn't specify a time.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Going to stick my neck on the line on 10:12 - Feb 11 with 2294 viewsazuremerlangus

Going to stick my neck on the line on 19:17 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

The maths will take weeks/months for it to be impossible. There's still 66 points to play for and a gap of only 4 points to the top 6 currently. We're in got a long and unenjoyable ride in the meantime.

Whilst the maths is important for those with contracts the rest of us are looking at the reality we see before us - week in, week out.

I think you need to be an ultra-optimist rather than just a glass-half full type to think this season has realistically anything going for us when it comes to promotion.

But I get your point, ME is governed by the maths for now and I cannot see him changing tack before hand. He has backed PL with some serious loans - in other words ‘Get the job done - you have no excuses now’ or get the sack when you have mathematically failed. I just think after Tuesday’s team selection and performance the maths is going to come around quicker than we think.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Login to get fewer ads

Going to stick my neck on the line on 10:47 - Feb 11 with 2219 viewsChondzoresk

I’d be delighted, but it ain’t happening until end of season at the earliest.
Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:13 - Feb 11 with 2158 viewsFenland_Blue

Going to stick my neck on the line on 19:15 - Feb 10 by azuremerlangus

Nothing will change on or off the pitch.

He won't be going anywhere for a few weeks, then watch our glorious owner sack him just before he gets his begging bowl out for season ticket renewals and put Dyer and Butcher in charge until the end of season.

Using them both to tug on supporters heart strings, one of our own etc to renew as they could be in charge next season.

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:17 - Feb 11 with 2141 viewsSomethingBlue

We say this every week but I *honestly* can't see how even Evans would let this continue if we lose to Shrewsbury.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:20 - Feb 11 with 2114 viewsMach_foreignBlue

A pointless as unfortunately he won't be going anywhere soon.
Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:22 - Feb 11 with 2106 viewsbluebud

Going to stick my neck on the line on 19:17 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

You want us to fail just so you can say you were right - stomach turning. We need to go up and this could be our last chance - what is absolutely certain is we'll have more and better managerial options if we don't stay in this league.

66 points and a gap of 4 - I'd much rather the team proved you wrong.
Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:23 - Feb 11 with 2098 viewsclive_baker

He's a dead man walking. The issue is we have back to back home games against Northampton and Oxford next week, both of which we really should beat even with Lambert 'in charge'. If we scrape a point on Saturday and he's afforded the luxury of those 2 games then he might be sat there with a bit more credit in the bank at 5pm on the 20th.

Personally I would say Saturday evening after the game would be the perfect time to sack him, win, lose or draw. Get the new man in Monday ahead of 2 very winnable games. Get a bit of a feel good factor ahead of the sterner tests.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:25 - Feb 11 with 2089 viewsSwansea_Blue

Going to stick my neck on the line on 19:39 - Feb 10 by JamestownPrince

Monday June 3rd

I wouldn't be surprised!

Quite right too. He's only had nearly 2.5 years, 5 transfer window and signed 24 players. That's barely a subs bench. He'll need at least another 3-4 years to put his own stamp on the team and get his own ideas across. Long term project to global domination innit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:27 - Feb 11 with 2069 viewshaynes_toe1

I used to defend Evans to an extent but this latest run of events means the guy deserves absolutely zero respect.
Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:31 - Feb 11 with 2044 viewsVaughan8

Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:23 - Feb 11 by clive_baker

He's a dead man walking. The issue is we have back to back home games against Northampton and Oxford next week, both of which we really should beat even with Lambert 'in charge'. If we scrape a point on Saturday and he's afforded the luxury of those 2 games then he might be sat there with a bit more credit in the bank at 5pm on the 20th.

Personally I would say Saturday evening after the game would be the perfect time to sack him, win, lose or draw. Get the new man in Monday ahead of 2 very winnable games. Get a bit of a feel good factor ahead of the sterner tests.

This is the oxford team who have won 8 of their last 9 league games and lost 2 in 12?

Also they might be in the top 7 by the time we play them so we know what happens haha

If we lost to Northampton at home, he has to go whatever happens on Saturday.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2021 11:32]
Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:34 - Feb 11 with 2017 viewsArnieM

He has to go NOW !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:39 - Feb 11 with 1990 viewsclive_baker

Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:31 - Feb 11 by Vaughan8

This is the oxford team who have won 8 of their last 9 league games and lost 2 in 12?

Also they might be in the top 7 by the time we play them so we know what happens haha

If we lost to Northampton at home, he has to go whatever happens on Saturday.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2021 11:32]

They're in good form, but they've played some absolute t0ss recently, with the exception of Doncaster who beat them. I don't think they're anything more than an average midtable side this year, who we should be beating.

With the exception of Swindon, we generally have done OK against these sort of sides.

Northampton are properly pony, if we lost to them he absolutely must be finished, but I don't think we will.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:48 - Feb 11 with 1954 viewsLichfieldBlue

This Saturday evening! Oh hang on just woken up from this nightmare.
Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:58 - Feb 11 with 1916 viewsHerbivore

Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:22 - Feb 11 by bluebud

You want us to fail just so you can say you were right - stomach turning. We need to go up and this could be our last chance - what is absolutely certain is we'll have more and better managerial options if we don't stay in this league.

66 points and a gap of 4 - I'd much rather the team proved you wrong.

What are you wittering on about?

Going to stick my neck on the line on 12:02 - Feb 11 with 1880 viewsHerbivore

Going to stick my neck on the line on 10:12 - Feb 11 by azuremerlangus

Whilst the maths is important for those with contracts the rest of us are looking at the reality we see before us - week in, week out.

I think you need to be an ultra-optimist rather than just a glass-half full type to think this season has realistically anything going for us when it comes to promotion.

But I get your point, ME is governed by the maths for now and I cannot see him changing tack before hand. He has backed PL with some serious loans - in other words ‘Get the job done - you have no excuses now’ or get the sack when you have mathematically failed. I just think after Tuesday’s team selection and performance the maths is going to come around quicker than we think.

As far as I'm concerned he should have gone a year ago at least, arguably longer. I want him gone as soon as possible. But if Evans genuinely is waiting for a break clause and if he can only invoke that clause once we can't mathematically reach the play offs then we're in for a bit of a wait. Even if we lost our next 10 matches and Charlton in 6th won their next 10 we would still mathematically be able to catch them. Common sense would say we'd have zero chance, but mathematically it would remain possible.

I really hope that ME is ultimately going to show some common sense rather than waiting for a get out clause that relies on it being impossible for us to reach the play offs. But then common sense and ME aren't easy bedfellows.

Going to stick my neck on the line on 12:41 - Feb 11 with 1784 viewsVaughan8

Going to stick my neck on the line on 11:39 - Feb 11 by clive_baker

They're in good form, but they've played some absolute t0ss recently, with the exception of Doncaster who beat them. I don't think they're anything more than an average midtable side this year, who we should be beating.

With the exception of Swindon, we generally have done OK against these sort of sides.

Northampton are properly pony, if we lost to them he absolutely must be finished, but I don't think we will.

Agreed I don't think he will. There must be a clause in his contaqct about not getting in the playoffs or something!

Oxford are above us in the table so we will struggle against them haha. Agreed they have played mostly rubbish teams recently.
Going to stick my neck on the line on 12:51 - Feb 11 with 1726 viewsArnieM

Going to stick my neck on the line on 12:41 - Feb 11 by Vaughan8

Agreed I don't think he will. There must be a clause in his contaqct about not getting in the playoffs or something!

Oxford are above us in the table so we will struggle against them haha. Agreed they have played mostly rubbish teams recently.

...well they're playing another one soon - us !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Going to stick my neck on the line on 17:45 - Feb 11 with 1517 viewsSonOfSpock

I am loving the positive thinking and I hope you're right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024