Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... 08:19 - Feb 17 with 1603 viewsSevenT8

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/kayden-jackson-and-jon-nolan-wi

Poll: When will Gamechanger cancel their visit on Saturday? (GMT)

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:25 - Feb 17 with 1501 viewsthebooks

Meet the new Bomb Squad!
I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:26 - Feb 17 with 1490 viewsBlueySwede

First of all. If I was a manager I would be furious with Jackson over that red card. He has a lot of making up to do. So while I don´t think Lambert should be our manager, in this case I totally agree with this decision.
We have a huge squad and with the covid regulations I can understand the logic that not all of the players can be in training at the same time.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:28 - Feb 17 with 1451 viewschrismakin

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:26 - Feb 17 by BlueySwede

First of all. If I was a manager I would be furious with Jackson over that red card. He has a lot of making up to do. So while I don´t think Lambert should be our manager, in this case I totally agree with this decision.
We have a huge squad and with the covid regulations I can understand the logic that not all of the players can be in training at the same time.

It was a stupid tackle

But it's actually easier to keep your mouth shut, so Downes should be thrown out too shouldn't he?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:29 - Feb 17 with 1445 viewsthebooks

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:26 - Feb 17 by BlueySwede

The first team squad should train with the first team squad, surely, regardless of how big it is?

The general ill-discipline at the moment is pretty shocking really.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:32 - Feb 17 with 1395 viewsHerbivore

It's peak banter era Ipswich that we blocked deadline day transfers for players we've bombed out to our under 23 squad.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:34 - Feb 17 with 1362 viewsSevenT8

So by your logic, Downes should also be in exile? Lambert seems okay with his red for mouthing off:

“Listen, I’ve seen the fight. I couldn’t ask for anymore. Flynn (Downes) showed that (with a late red card).

I think Flynn Downes is going to be a real top player because he’s got that real devilment in him. I’m really happy with how he plays and how he fights.”
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 8:34]

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:34 - Feb 17 with 1343 viewsshamboy

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:29 - Feb 17 by thebooks

The first team squad should train with the first team squad, surely, regardless of how big it is?

The general ill-discipline at the moment is pretty shocking really.

No, whoever takes the first team during the week can only work with a manageable number of players, be it 16 or 18 or even 20. More than that and the quality of the session suffers.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 8:36]
I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:37 - Feb 17 with 1282 viewsHerbivore

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:34 - Feb 17 by shamboy

No, whoever takes the first team during the week can only work with a manageable number of players, be it 16 or 18 or even 20. More than that and the quality of the session suffers.

We often play 11 v 11 games in training and the match day sqaud alone is 18 players so not sure where you're getting this idea that the first team training squad is so small from.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:40 - Feb 17 with 1235 viewsGeorge25

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:34 - Feb 17 by shamboy

What they should do is look to offload them now. The players that are out of contract and not in the 18 should be offloaded now. Just put them on gardening leave with jim hendry to end of the season.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:40 - Feb 17 with 1225 viewsjayessess

Seems very selective this fury.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:41 - Feb 17 with 1202 viewsTractorWood

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:32 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

It's peak banter era Ipswich that we blocked deadline day transfers for players we've bombed out to our under 23 squad.

Agree. Just absolutely no thought behind anything.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:45 - Feb 17 with 1144 viewsBlueySwede

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:34 - Feb 17 by SevenT8

So by your logic, Downes should also be in exile? Lambert seems okay with his red for mouthing off:

“Listen, I’ve seen the fight. I couldn’t ask for anymore. Flynn (Downes) showed that (with a late red card).

I think Flynn Downes is going to be a real top player because he’s got that real devilment in him. I’m really happy with how he plays and how he fights.”
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 8:34]

Yep. Downes was different in my view. The referee lost it completely towards the end of last nights game, anyone could have been sent off.
Jackson let his team mates down (after a decent start) early in the game, by a really bad tackle.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:50 - Feb 17 with 1087 viewsGuthrum

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:32 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Might be suggestive of a disconnect between the people with oversight of transfers and those in charge of the squad.

Or of somebody who takes the nuclear option with grumpy players, rather than coaxing them around.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:52 - Feb 17 with 1052 viewsitfcjoe

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:45 - Feb 17 by BlueySwede

Yep. Downes was different in my view. The referee lost it completely towards the end of last nights game, anyone could have been sent off.
Jackson let his team mates down (after a decent start) early in the game, by a really bad tackle.

Downes should have been sent off in similar situation as Jackson in our last game at Posh

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:55 - Feb 17 with 1008 viewsthebooks

That may or may not be true, but the report says they’ve been moved there pretty much permanently as some sort of punishment, which isn't the same thing.

Lambert has history with this sort of thing.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:59 - Feb 17 with 949 viewsSevenT8

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 08:45 - Feb 17 by BlueySwede

Once any manager starts condoning ill discipline, and having very different outcomes for different players he is in a very unsustainable position. I think that these disparities are symptomatic of the unrest amongst the club that Darren Bent rightly alluded to yesterday.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 09:03 - Feb 17 with 915 viewsjayessess

It was one bad tackle, these things happen in football. You can't bomb out your players because of one mistake!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 09:05 - Feb 17 with 892 viewsSitfcB

Don’t be a dooper.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 09:05 - Feb 17 with 892 viewsDubtractor

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans negotiates a payoff, this has gone too far... on 09:03 - Feb 17 by jayessess

It was one bad tackle, these things happen in football. You can't bomb out your players because of one mistake!

Especially not when Nolan did a much worse tackle for a red at Lincoln and Lambert more or less congratulated him.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024