Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. 09:50 - Mar 27 with 2402 viewsunstableblue

... due to sports science advice, as Paul Cook updated in his presser

AND then they were all sent home Weds afternoon after a poor session on Weds morning!?

Can this be really be true or is a board poster confused and linking Tuesday and Weds by mistake?!

Did we ever get to the bottom of this?!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 09:53 - Mar 27 with 2350 viewsWallingford_Boy

As far as I can tell it was just a couple of guys on here adding 2 and 2 and getting 65.

As usual most the board took it as fact and ran with it.

Nothing to see..

RIP Sir Bobby

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:00 - Mar 27 with 2301 viewschrismakin

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 09:53 - Mar 27 by Wallingford_Boy

As far as I can tell it was just a couple of guys on here adding 2 and 2 and getting 65.

Nothing to see..

Actually 'Paul Knows' is quite a respectable poster with info and even he heard a double session was due on Wednesday and was also cut short.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:07 - Mar 27 with 2223 viewsurbanblue

Seems to me that they were all just knackered whatever training plan was in place initially.

It's been obvious to me that the players just haven't been fit enough during the games for weeks now and that's not something that can be solved with just one week of training.
So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:09 - Mar 27 with 2232 viewsKieran_Knows

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 09:53 - Mar 27 by Wallingford_Boy

Nothing to see..

I can honestly assure you that’s what happened. The reason why I don’t post much is because of stuff like this, but hey ho.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:11 - Mar 27 with 2196 viewsleftback

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:09 - Mar 27 by Kieran_Knows

I can honestly assure you that’s what happened. The reason why I don’t post much is because of stuff like this, but hey ho.

I can confirm it’s 100% true, training cut short Wednesday morning and lunch donated to charity
So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:15 - Mar 27 with 2173 viewsZXBlue

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:11 - Mar 27 by leftback

I can confirm it’s 100% true, training cut short Wednesday morning and lunch donated to charity

Its the reasons and actual performance etc people know nothing about and are guessing at. Which is just sniping away at a side with a new manager. Really unhealthy.
So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:17 - Mar 27 with 2153 viewsKieran_Knows

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:11 - Mar 27 by leftback

I’ve no idea about the lunch side of things, I have to admit. But training was cancelled for the afternoon session.

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:20 - Mar 27 with 2112 viewsAndoverFist

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:17 - Mar 27 by Kieran_Knows

I’ve no idea about the lunch side of things, I have to admit. But training was cancelled for the afternoon session.

Must be true - it’s in The Sun today. Lunches given to the Sally Army, apparently

BrentwoodBlue78

Login to get fewer ads

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:24 - Mar 27 with 2072 viewsWD19

If they were knackered, starving them doesn’t appear the best approach.....
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 10:25]
So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:27 - Mar 27 with 2039 viewsWallingford_Boy

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:09 - Mar 27 by Kieran_Knows

Ok fair enough, I’d have expected a TWTD story on it though, seems an odd thing to do.

Unless a few had niggles, then wise to halt it.

RIP Sir Bobby

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:30 - Mar 27 with 2022 viewsKieran_Knows

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:27 - Mar 27 by Wallingford_Boy

Ok fair enough, I’d have expected a TWTD story on it though, seems an odd thing to do.

Not really sure if it’s wise for Phil to post stories like that? God knows really.

But it did happen because of a poor morning session, regardless of what anyone says.

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:31 - Mar 27 with 2002 viewsLeaky

So let me get this right, we have a squad allegedly not fit enough, while a fitness coach is being paid to sit around in Scotland. You couldn't make it up.
So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:32 - Mar 27 with 1991 viewspointofblue

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:20 - Mar 27 by AndoverFist

Must be true - it’s in The Sun today. Lunches given to the Sally Army, apparently

Not that I disbelieve the long standing trusted posters on here but ‘The Sun’ and ‘true’ are generally only used together when ‘not’ can be slotted in between.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 10:37]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:33 - Mar 27 with 1992 viewsPhilTWTD

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:27 - Mar 27 by Wallingford_Boy

We'll be speaking to PC after the game so I'm sure this will come up.
So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:36 - Mar 27 with 1963 viewsSitfcB

It’s not really the sort of thing that gets a story is it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:38 - Mar 27 with 1939 viewsfooters

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:33 - Mar 27 by PhilTWTD

We'll be speaking to PC after the game so I'm sure this will come up.

Still nothing on the favourite cheese front?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:40 - Mar 27 with 1928 viewsKeaneish

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:00 - Mar 27 by chrismakin

Actually 'Paul Knows' is quite a respectable poster with info and even he heard a double session was due on Wednesday and was also cut short.

Everyone did jump on that and call the players, “lazy”, “unfit”, “bad professionals” etc. If Cook wasn’t getting what he needed out of the session and the players looked jaded or tired, there’s nothing wrong with either changing it up or cutting it short.

The most important factor is that the decision pays dividends today.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 10:46 - Mar 27 with 1879 viewsMeadowlark

Nothing to see..

I like the fact that collectively we are referred to as "the board."
Makes you feel important, eh?
"Let's put it to the board"
"It's a board decision."
So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 11:11 - Mar 27 with 1757 viewsjaykay

does this hit my irony alert button
Additional alert buttons needed by jaykay 26 Mar 2021 13:34
this is the sort of post ,why i don't post much on here

irony alert

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 11:17 - Mar 27 with 1728 viewswkj

"they went home Weds afternoon after a poor session"

Was this confirmed or one of the usual lines of drivel that ITKknobbo comes out with?

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 11:19 - Mar 27 with 1692 viewsKieran_Knows

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 11:11 - Mar 27 by jaykay

does this hit my irony alert button
Additional alert buttons needed by jaykay 26 Mar 2021 13:34
this is the sort of post ,why i don't post much on here

irony alert

Well done.

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 11:21 - Mar 27 with 1680 viewsDanTheMan

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 11:17 - Mar 27 by wkj

"they went home Weds afternoon after a poor session"

Was this confirmed or one of the usual lines of drivel that ITKknobbo comes out with?

It's come from more reliable posters.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 11:22 - Mar 27 with 1664 viewswkj

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 11:21 - Mar 27 by DanTheMan

It's come from more reliable posters.

Yeah, I was guilty of commenting before scrolling up and saw Dear ol' Paul_Knows was involved, so reliable for sure. Big apologies to you Paul_Knows.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 12:24 - Mar 27 with 1405 viewsArnieM

Considering this squad had played the game under Lambert at basically walking football pace , it’s hardly surprising that they now struggle with a more intense level of activity and struggle with the concept of HIIT training. They’re not going to change physiological over the last 10-11 games of the season .

Next season will be a whole new ball game - literally!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So let me get this straight? They eased off training on Tuesday.. on 13:27 - Mar 27 with 1200 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024