Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before 22:56 - Apr 1 with 3376 viewsKeno

I don’t like lettuce

Won’t eat it in salads, sarnies or even a burger

There I’ve said it

Anyone else going to share a guilty secret?

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:02 - Apr 2 with 836 viewsKeno

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:00 - Apr 2 by bluelagos

We need a not very interesting, but somehow interesting thread.

:-)

If we have to start posting 'interesting' things Phil and Gav will quickly run of out hobnobs

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:04 - Apr 2 with 836 viewsbluelagos

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:01 - Apr 2 by Keno

My mum, bless her, is 98 and in a home.

She complained a few months back that they were giving her 'funny foreign food' When we asked what she'd had it was spaghetti bolognese

Explains a lot ;-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:15 - Apr 2 with 824 viewsWeWereZombies

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:00 - Apr 2 by bluelagos

When you say 'somehow interesting', do you mean 'vaguely interesting' or 'could be interesting depending on contingent events'? I'm guessing that more of your somehow interesting threads are imminent...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:17 - Apr 2 with 822 viewsKeno

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:15 - Apr 2 by WeWereZombies

When you say 'somehow interesting', do you mean 'vaguely interesting' or 'could be interesting depending on contingent events'? I'm guessing that more of your somehow interesting threads are imminent...

that reminded me of this

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:37 - Apr 2 with 816 viewsWeWereZombies

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:17 - Apr 2 by Keno

that reminded me of this

[sigh] more whataboutery Keno - you should just admit that your somehow interesting threads are not imminent or even subject to ongoing discussions.

However, I have noted that you have deposited a couple of searches at the TWTD Possibly Interesting Topics Registry and I will be updating this thread on a daily basis regarding their status.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:40 - Apr 2 with 812 viewsKeno

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:37 - Apr 2 by WeWereZombies

[sigh] more whataboutery Keno - you should just admit that your somehow interesting threads are not imminent or even subject to ongoing discussions.

However, I have noted that you have deposited a couple of searches at the TWTD Possibly Interesting Topics Registry and I will be updating this thread on a daily basis regarding their status.

are you saying This thread is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-thread!!

Randomly I saw a parrot flying around while I was out with the dog yesterday

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:44 - Apr 2 with 809 viewsWeWereZombies

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:40 - Apr 2 by Keno

are you saying This thread is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-thread!!

Randomly I saw a parrot flying around while I was out with the dog yesterday

Surely you could have saved that last line for a new thread, I can only assume that the somehow interesting take over is off...or is it stalled?

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:48 - Apr 2 with 804 viewsKeno

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:44 - Apr 2 by WeWereZombies

Surely you could have saved that last line for a new thread, I can only assume that the somehow interesting take over is off...or is it stalled?

I await the new story from Phil that starts The take over is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-takeover!!

Login to get fewer ads

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:49 - Apr 2 with 804 viewsLord_Lucan

Another not very interesting thing is that my previous dog (Burley) was the greediest hound I have ever known. She would eat anything including pants, toilet rolls, cardboard boxes etc etc.

The only thing she wouldn't eat was lettuce.

RIP Burley.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:53 - Apr 2 with 801 viewsbluelagos

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:49 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

Another not very interesting thing is that my previous dog (Burley) was the greediest hound I have ever known. She would eat anything including pants, toilet rolls, cardboard boxes etc etc.

The only thing she wouldn't eat was lettuce.

RIP Burley.

At college my scouse mate used to tell a story about how hard his rabbit was, cos it once head butted the family cat.

He used to use this as an example of how rough and hard Liverpool was compared to places like Ipswich.

Sometimes you just have to let someone win the argument :-)

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:57 - Apr 2 with 800 viewsWeWereZombies

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:48 - Apr 2 by Keno

I await the new story from Phil that starts The take over is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-takeover!!

I'm not going to be drawn down this reciting, mimicking or channelling old Monty Python sketches rabbit hole, Keno. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries, I fart in your general direction...what's that crawling out of the rabbit hole, ah thanks, I think you forgot to climb inside before you pushed it into the castle.

[edit - weird that Lagos tells a rabbit anecdote whilst I am researching the French Taunter for text and get reminded about the Trojan Rabbit, this social nudging software is more subtle than I realised.}
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 11:01]

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 11:12 - Apr 2 with 791 viewsbluelagos

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:57 - Apr 2 by WeWereZombies

I'm not going to be drawn down this reciting, mimicking or channelling old Monty Python sketches rabbit hole, Keno. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries, I fart in your general direction...what's that crawling out of the rabbit hole, ah thanks, I think you forgot to climb inside before you pushed it into the castle.

[edit - weird that Lagos tells a rabbit anecdote whilst I am researching the French Taunter for text and get reminded about the Trojan Rabbit, this social nudging software is more subtle than I realised.}
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 11:01]

I know I am partly to blame, but rabbit anecdotes have got a certain attraction compared to arguing over pub passport schemes.

Not like any of us can actually change what will happen, unless Twtd is secretly used by the government to gauge public opinion. Which is even more depressing than Ipswich rabbits are not as tough as their scouse counterparts.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 11:22 - Apr 2 with 786 viewsKeno

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 11:12 - Apr 2 by bluelagos

I know I am partly to blame, but rabbit anecdotes have got a certain attraction compared to arguing over pub passport schemes.

Not like any of us can actually change what will happen, unless Twtd is secretly used by the government to gauge public opinion. Which is even more depressing than Ipswich rabbits are not as tough as their scouse counterparts.

All I know if you are searching for 'rabbit toys'' you have to be very careful what results come up

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 11:27 - Apr 2 with 781 viewseireblue

My wife put tomato ketchup on her salad last night.

21 years down the drain.
I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 11:29 - Apr 2 with 779 viewsjeera

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 10:01 - Apr 2 by Keno

My mum, bless her, is 98 and in a home.

She complained a few months back that they were giving her 'funny foreign food' When we asked what she'd had it was spaghetti bolognese

She's got a point in a way. I think most Italians would consider that foreign.

Maybe a ragu with tagliatelle, certainly meatballs etc, but not spaghetti.

Good for your mum for standing up for tradition.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 11:35 - Apr 2 with 774 viewsKeno

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 11:29 - Apr 2 by jeera

She's got a point in a way. I think most Italians would consider that foreign.

Maybe a ragu with tagliatelle, certainly meatballs etc, but not spaghetti.

Good for your mum for standing up for tradition.

unfortunately mum cant stand top for anything.

She had a nasty fall last weekend cos forget she cant walk anymore

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 11:36 - Apr 2 with 774 viewsWeWereZombies

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 11:12 - Apr 2 by bluelagos

Maybe, if you get refused entry to a pub without the vaccine passport, you can pull a rabbit with an Everton top on out of your hat and they will say 'Alright, in you go' as it shapes up for the head butt. But this relies upon the door staff not being in possession of the holy hand grenade of Antioch.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 11:42 - Apr 2 with 773 viewsjeera

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 11:35 - Apr 2 by Keno

unfortunately mum cant stand top for anything.

She had a nasty fall last weekend cos forget she cant walk anymore

Sorry to hear that mate.

They are a worry.

Hope she recovers well.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 12:03 - Apr 2 with 766 viewsKeno

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 11:42 - Apr 2 by jeera

Sorry to hear that mate.

They are a worry.

Hope she recovers well.

Cheers Jeera, she's doing ok. Last time I spoke to her she was going to be spending the weekend cleaning the tram station in Doncaster.

yes they are worry!!!

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 12:10 - Apr 2 with 763 viewsWeWereZombies

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 12:03 - Apr 2 by Keno

Cheers Jeera, she's doing ok. Last time I spoke to her she was going to be spending the weekend cleaning the tram station in Doncaster.

yes they are worry!!!

I am feeling a bit bad about using the French Taunter on parents line a few posts up now. Hope she recovers from her fall as soon as can be expected at that, an achievement in itself, age.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 12:12 - Apr 2 with 762 viewsandytown

Agree on lettuce. Celery as well. Can’t stand either
I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 12:14 - Apr 2 with 759 viewsLord_Lucan

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 12:12 - Apr 2 by andytown

Agree on lettuce. Celery as well. Can’t stand either

How very dare you.

Celery is the most underrated vegetable and should be used frequently, it is a brilliant flavour generator - and very tasty on its own dipped in salt.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 12:15 - Apr 2 with 757 viewsKeno

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 12:10 - Apr 2 by WeWereZombies

I am feeling a bit bad about using the French Taunter on parents line a few posts up now. Hope she recovers from her fall as soon as can be expected at that, an achievement in itself, age.

Dont be daft!!

She is proving surprisingly resilient!!

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 12:16 - Apr 2 with 751 viewsKeno

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 12:14 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

How very dare you.

Celery is the most underrated vegetable and should be used frequently, it is a brilliant flavour generator - and very tasty on its own dipped in salt.

Big thumbs up for celery!!

Nice cooked as part of a prawn or salmon stir fry

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 12:17 - Apr 2 with 749 viewsjeera

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 12:03 - Apr 2 by Keno

yes they are worry!!!

Well it's good that she's keeping herself busy!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024