Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before 22:56 - Apr 1 with 3360 viewsKeno

I don’t like lettuce

Won’t eat it in salads, sarnies or even a burger

There I’ve said it

Anyone else going to share a guilty secret?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 13:54 - Apr 2 with 520 viewsjeera

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 13:48 - Apr 2 by wkj

I have a number of Puerto Rican friends - I tried to find the recipe for something they used to cook for family get togethers. The closest I could find is this

https://ethnicfoodsrus.com/puerto-rican-fricassee-de-lambi/

I stand by my love for lamb being limited to simmered dishes.

Not even as kebabs?

I love a skewer on the bbq of chunks of marinated lamb with peppers and red onions and cherry tomatoes.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 13:57 - Apr 2 with 513 viewsLord_Lucan

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 13:48 - Apr 2 by wkj

I have a number of Puerto Rican friends - I tried to find the recipe for something they used to cook for family get togethers. The closest I could find is this

https://ethnicfoodsrus.com/puerto-rican-fricassee-de-lambi/

I stand by my love for lamb being limited to simmered dishes.

I'm no much of a fan of stews but my Mrs loves lamb so I'll give that a go - cheers.

I have other lamb problems actually, lamb is an issue in Lucan Towers. My daughter can't stand lamb and the Mrs only likes it cooked to death so it falls off the bone. In fact I refuse to cook meat in this way as I consider it offensive to the animal, effectively it has been slaughtered twice.

If we have lamb then I'm not getting involved - it's about the only time the Mrs ever cooks.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 13:57 - Apr 2 with 512 viewswkj

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 13:54 - Apr 2 by jeera

Not even as kebabs?

I love a skewer on the bbq of chunks of marinated lamb with peppers and red onions and cherry tomatoes.

Kebabs are okay, but I love the way slow cooked lamb really adds depth to a sauce. Lamb is without a doubt the Rolls Royce meat for stews and the sort, and I think roasting/grilling sells it short.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:01 - Apr 2 with 504 viewsjeera

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 13:57 - Apr 2 by wkj

Kebabs are okay, but I love the way slow cooked lamb really adds depth to a sauce. Lamb is without a doubt the Rolls Royce meat for stews and the sort, and I think roasting/grilling sells it short.

Sells it short?!

I'll have you know my lamb is marinated firstly in pureed mango, and then in a selection of freshly roasted, then ground, spices!

Not just thrown willy nilly onto some red hot coals to dry out.

I have actually just retrieved some mango from the freezer in prep for later if I can be bothered. I'll see how the match goes and the subsequent beers.

But that will be a slow cooked curry so you'd be on board with that anyway.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:04 - Apr 2 with 493 viewsfooters

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:01 - Apr 2 by jeera

Sells it short?!

I'll have you know my lamb is marinated firstly in pureed mango, and then in a selection of freshly roasted, then ground, spices!

Not just thrown willy nilly onto some red hot coals to dry out.

I have actually just retrieved some mango from the freezer in prep for later if I can be bothered. I'll see how the match goes and the subsequent beers.

But that will be a slow cooked curry so you'd be on board with that anyway.

Can't believe what I've been reading, mate. Terrible stuff.

My lovely big leg is getting stuffed with garlic and herbs and smothered in anchovy paste tromorrow morning ahead of Sunday's roast. Served with potatoes and greens. Can't beat it.

The rest of these oiks on the thread, my oh my.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:11 - Apr 2 with 472 viewswkj

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:04 - Apr 2 by footers

My lovely big leg is getting stuffed with garlic and herbs and smothered in anchovy paste tromorrow morning ahead of Sunday's roast. Served with potatoes and greens. Can't beat it.

Which part do you not like? I did say Lamb is the Rolls Royce of simmered meats - surely you can appreciate this statement.

I really don't get you floppy armed figs and your meat outrage. I can't win on here when I give a good meat the nod and you lot think I'm putting it up'em. Hells teeth man - next you'll be saying Chicken is the best meat of the bunch and start to sing God Save The Queen when some little reprobate slings a Fray Bentos in the Microwave.

Meat Balls, End Of.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 14:12]

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:12 - Apr 2 with 467 viewsjeera

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:11 - Apr 2 by wkj

Which part do you not like? I did say Lamb is the Rolls Royce of simmered meats - surely you can appreciate this statement.

I really don't get you floppy armed figs and your meat outrage. I can't win on here when I give a good meat the nod and you lot think I'm putting it up'em. Hells teeth man - next you'll be saying Chicken is the best meat of the bunch and start to sing God Save The Queen when some little reprobate slings a Fray Bentos in the Microwave.

Meat Balls, End Of.

Figs go really well with roast lamb.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:14 - Apr 2 with 463 viewsfooters

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:11 - Apr 2 by wkj

Meat Balls, End Of.

Surely no one is daft enough to think chicken is the best meat?

You know, I've never actually had a Fray Bentos pie. Wonder if they're any good. Might save it for when I'm feeling really depressed and don't think life could get any worse.

So after the 90-minute whistle today, perhaps.

Login to get fewer ads

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:16 - Apr 2 with 457 viewsleitrimblue

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:04 - Apr 2 by footers

Very impressive, though may be tempted to go for jeeras smothered in mango option due to my disliking of anchovies. Beef at Easter just seems wrong. It's like curry pie. I like curry and I like pies, just feel uncomfortable when my curry is poured into a pie. It's like bean juice in yer egg yolk
I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:18 - Apr 2 with 447 viewsLord_Lucan

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:16 - Apr 2 by leitrimblue

Very impressive, though may be tempted to go for jeeras smothered in mango option due to my disliking of anchovies. Beef at Easter just seems wrong. It's like curry pie. I like curry and I like pies, just feel uncomfortable when my curry is poured into a pie. It's like bean juice in yer egg yolk

Morrissons do a nice Balti Pie

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:19 - Apr 2 with 446 viewswkj

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:16 - Apr 2 by leitrimblue

Pies are dead anyway. The illuminati are hard at work trying to convince us all that pies are nothing more than a bowl of stew with a crunchy lid.

If I want that I will stick a naan bread on top of my Lamb Phall and create my own misery - I don't need some pretentious bistro chucking a puff pastry frisbee on top of my balti and expecting my thanks for it.

The world is mad - and I am sick of it.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:20 - Apr 2 with 439 viewsjeera

I should make it clear, sorry.

The mango is only to tenderize.

I always buy it if I see it reduced as it's too expensive to purchase just for tenderising alone, plus a bit wasteful. Papaya works better as it goes and is ideal to buy cheap for the same reasons. So it doesn't matter if it's soft, I just wash and blitz them and freeze it.

Keep and eye if you ever use them though, cos your meat will turn to mush when you're not looking. Often half hour or so is enough.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:24 - Apr 2 with 431 viewsleitrimblue

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:18 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

Morrissons do a nice Balti Pie

That's just so wrong! I usually consider myself quite open minded until it comes to the mixing of foods then I feel myself turning into an extreme nationalist that can't stand the sight of different food cultures mixing. Thinking of starting an offshoot of the EDL called the English Dinner League
I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:29 - Apr 2 with 422 viewsLord_Lucan

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:24 - Apr 2 by leitrimblue

That's just so wrong! I usually consider myself quite open minded until it comes to the mixing of foods then I feel myself turning into an extreme nationalist that can't stand the sight of different food cultures mixing. Thinking of starting an offshoot of the EDL called the English Dinner League

There's nothing to dislike about it.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:32 - Apr 2 with 419 viewsleitrimblue

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:20 - Apr 2 by jeera

I should make it clear, sorry.

The mango is only to tenderize.

I always buy it if I see it reduced as it's too expensive to purchase just for tenderising alone, plus a bit wasteful. Papaya works better as it goes and is ideal to buy cheap for the same reasons. So it doesn't matter if it's soft, I just wash and blitz them and freeze it.

Keep and eye if you ever use them though, cos your meat will turn to mush when you're not looking. Often half hour or so is enough.

I'm lucky that a lot of my neighbors are sheep farmers so I'm spoilt for good quality lamb. Actually if you ever in the north west of Ireland I will happily supply the lamb if you do yer mango thing
I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:32 - Apr 2 with 415 viewsfooters

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:29 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

A balti pie on a cold matchday is just what the doctor ordered.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:33 - Apr 2 with 415 viewsjeera

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:24 - Apr 2 by leitrimblue

Must admit I'm not a fan of fusion ideas either.

As for balti pies...

Well, the next thing you know they'll be putting bits of celery in them.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:33 - Apr 2 with 414 viewswkj

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:29 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

My mate tried doing a roast beef dinner pie, with a yorkshire pudding batter case. Remarkably it worked REALLY well, but it still isn't a patch on a proper Sunday Roast, I can see where Rippers is coming from on Curry Pies.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:36 - Apr 2 with 408 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 11:35 - Apr 2 by Keno

unfortunately mum cant stand top for anything.

She had a nasty fall last weekend cos forget she cant walk anymore

What is the etiquette on giving this an uppie?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:37 - Apr 2 with 407 viewsLord_Lucan

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:32 - Apr 2 by footers

A balti pie on a cold matchday is just what the doctor ordered.

It's better than a Wagon Wheel.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:38 - Apr 2 with 405 viewsfooters

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:37 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

It's better than a Wagon Wheel.

Pretty much everything is. Even the jam ones.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:40 - Apr 2 with 398 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 13:20 - Apr 2 by footers

Not interested in what some Spanish bloke says about it - lamb is the true Easter meat.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:41 - Apr 2 with 395 viewswkj

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:38 - Apr 2 by footers

Pretty much everything is. Even the jam ones.

If wagon wheels had a crunchy biscuit base, they would be godly - but the stale cakey shyte they put in them ruins it all.

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:42 - Apr 2 with 389 viewsleitrimblue

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:40 - Apr 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

That sheep as some weird freakin legs
I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 14:42 - Apr 2 with 385 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have a late night confession I don’t think I’ve shared before on 13:30 - Apr 2 by vapour_trail

Lowhouse rushing on here to defend this report. Only a bristol rovers clean sheet this weekend could be as predictable.

Did I eat some mushrooms!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024