Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playing for their futures 13:24 - Apr 7 with 1913 viewsTractorFrog

With these new owners promising to inject a lot of money into the club, I now think it extremely likely that the majority of the squad will be gone at the end of the year. But there are still eight matches left for them to prove that they deserve a role next year. I think we can all agree that some will take it upon themselves to really go for it in these final eight matches, and some will just give up. All we need is for eleven of our enormous squad to decide that they want to be here next year, and we will get to the playoffs at the very least, and could even win them (Sunderland, Portsmouth and Blackpool are all teams we can beat). On pure footballing ability, the squad is good enough. It is time for the final run of wins to take us up, and then the rebuild in the summer will be in the championship, with those eleven players (and hopefully more, as we will need some subs and some backups in case of injury in these eight matches) being the ones that stay on.
COYB!

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Playing for their futures on 13:25 - Apr 7 with 1882 viewsCoco

playing to avoid injuries

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Playing for their futures on 13:30 - Apr 7 with 1842 viewsbobbyramsey

I think the majority have realised that the "gravy train" stops here....

Good riddance to them....
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 13:39]
Playing for their futures on 13:32 - Apr 7 with 1808 viewsWicklowBlue

It seems as if all of them have given up already!
Playing for their futures on 13:35 - Apr 7 with 1764 viewsHipsterectomy

There's no way these clowns will do anything else but sulk and accept they are leaving now

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Playing for their futures on 13:42 - Apr 7 with 1724 viewsmonty_radio

Realistically many who have been rolled out on the "we know what we need to do" / "we're only one good performance away from mounting a challenge" production line will be feeling a tad apprehensive now. The question has moved on from whether the out of contract player is hoping for more easy bread on the table and is now all about whether Paul Cook thinks they are really ready to move forward at all. With deference to Cook's previous pronouncements I think he'd already thrown down the gauntlet (maybe also knowing which way the wind was about to blow?).

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Playing for their futures on 13:48 - Apr 7 with 1674 viewsjas0999

... clearly the players knew. They also know they’ll be off. Cook also knows he can get much better with the promised investment.
Playing for their futures on 13:53 - Apr 7 with 1644 viewsTheBoyBlue

It'll be interesting if it changes anything anything about the players' attitude for Saturday. This could be an exciting time as a player to be involved if they can prove themselves worthy of a spot in this new era. We may soon find out those who believe they are good enough to be part of that.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Playing for their futures on 13:54 - Apr 7 with 1643 viewsnoggin

Replacing a whole squad in one transfer window is a huge job. I hope Paul Cook has his sights on suitable replacements.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Login to get fewer ads

Playing for their futures on 13:58 - Apr 7 with 1607 viewschrismakin

Playing for their futures on 13:54 - Apr 7 by noggin

Replacing a whole squad in one transfer window is a huge job. I hope Paul Cook has his sights on suitable replacements.

6 first teamsers 3 fringe players

plus u23/academy

No need to worry about defence imo. Concentrate on midfield and strike force.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Playing for their futures on 14:00 - Apr 7 with 1596 viewsjayessess

I think people let their frustrations and general dislike of footballers get the better of them at times.

We have 8 games remaining. We have 15 players out of contract. Any of the 15 that produce a bunch of excellent performances are going to be doing their future a world of good, whether they want to stay or leave. If they don't play well it won't be because they're sabotaging us, phoning it in, on the beach or whatever. It'll just be because they aren't capable.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Playing for their futures on 14:02 - Apr 7 with 1576 viewsMattinLondon

The players in all probability would have known about this deal before the ordinary fan. The time to play for their futures was at the start of the season -they didn’t - they have been found wanting - hope they find happiness in L2.
Playing for their futures on 14:02 - Apr 7 with 1561 viewsMrTown

There is nothing that they can do between now and the end of the season. This group of players have failed for 2 years.

8 games cannot change that now.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Playing for their futures on 14:04 - Apr 7 with 1550 viewsWallingford_Boy

Playing for their futures on 13:58 - Apr 7 by chrismakin

6 first teamsers 3 fringe players

plus u23/academy

No need to worry about defence imo. Concentrate on midfield and strike force.

Agreed.

Woolfie, Ndaba and Baggott could be our centre backs for another ten years, KVY at RB and that only leaves a left back, oh and a goalkeeper.

Not a bad start though.

time to start that shopping list!

RIP Sir Bobby

Playing for their futures on 14:07 - Apr 7 with 1520 viewsjas0999

Playing for their futures on 14:04 - Apr 7 by Wallingford_Boy

Agreed.

Woolfie, Ndaba and Baggott could be our centre backs for another ten years, KVY at RB and that only leaves a left back, oh and a goalkeeper.

Not a bad start though.

time to start that shopping list!

Definitely need a commanding keeper in my opinion and a left back.
Playing for their futures on 14:10 - Apr 7 with 1480 viewschrismakin

Playing for their futures on 14:07 - Apr 7 by jas0999

Definitely need a commanding keeper in my opinion and a left back.

I think holy is capable. Bare in mind he is part of the top 4 defense in the league. And has kept a nice amount of cleansheets. If we had some budget spare then yes try better but I'd put him last in the list of replacements personally. I would tho get rid of walker.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Playing for their futures on 14:12 - Apr 7 with 1471 viewslongtimefan

I’d have thought that, bar a couple, most of those whose contracts are up would have realised all season that in the current financial state of lower league football that their best chance of a decent wage next season would be to remain at Ipswich. Ii really don’t see how the takeover impacts that much in terms of any motivational effect, the need to perform has been there all season and they’ve not been able to.
Playing for their futures on 14:26 - Apr 7 with 1416 viewstrncbluearmy

Offer a, £85k and then go bonus, for promotion.
Be the last decent pay packet for most of them in pro football.
Playing for their futures on 14:31 - Apr 7 with 1371 viewsRandall

It would not surprise me if half our team could not get another professional club.

They have not been good enough in most games and I expect they would not put up with League Two wages, having rinsed us.

In a way it would be best not to go up this year - get rid of all the dreck and build a squad, rather panicking and trying to ship people in, when virtually none of the team are good enough for the Championship.
Playing for their futures on 14:53 - Apr 7 with 1308 viewsjayessess

Playing for their futures on 14:12 - Apr 7 by longtimefan

I’d have thought that, bar a couple, most of those whose contracts are up would have realised all season that in the current financial state of lower league football that their best chance of a decent wage next season would be to remain at Ipswich. Ii really don’t see how the takeover impacts that much in terms of any motivational effect, the need to perform has been there all season and they’ve not been able to.

Even the ones like Edwards and Jackson who have had interest from elsewhere will have known what a decent season would do for their bargaining power.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Playing for their futures on 16:00 - Apr 7 with 1218 viewsbobbyramsey

Playing for their futures on 14:53 - Apr 7 by jayessess

Even the ones like Edwards and Jackson who have had interest from elsewhere will have known what a decent season would do for their bargaining power.

You would have hoped they were bright enough......oh!
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 16:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024