Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way 09:14 - May 13 with 3332 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

I'm not one to have a moan, but it doesn't feel like the Ipswich way.

Does the squad need a rebuild? Yes.
Did the ones out of contract deserve a new contract based on their performances? No (except maybe one or two at most).
Have the homegrown lads been let down by the senior players at the club for the past 2-3 years? Absolutely. That's why they're all on their way out.

There's always an extra incentive when you see homegrown players on the team sheet. I'm not surprised by a couple of names as they won't push us forwards, but I'm really disappointed to see 3 academy players told they can go when they're good enough and add something.

I won't be buying a season ticket. At the minute we don't have any players (literally) who I'd pay to watch. We may sign a few who are good players, but they won't have the same feel as watching one of our homegrown boys. Just like those boys, Ipswich is at the heart for us too and that's being stripped away.

The job seems to have got harder to get the fans back on board now - I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been rubbed up the wrong way seeing a few names told they can go.

Edit - Flynn Downes probably joins Luton and makes them a better team, but not wanted here. It doesn't add up.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 9:18]

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:19 - May 13 with 2240 viewschrismakin

Spot on

Why want a connolly when you have bishop.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:21 - May 13 with 2223 viewsSouperJim

"The Ipswich Way" is a meaningless phrase bandied about by people when what they mean is simply "I don't like this".

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:21 - May 13 with 2218 viewsTractorCam

"Have the homegrown lads been let down by the senior players at the club for the past 2-3 years? Absolutely. That's why they're all on their way out".

Brilliant meltdown. The entire post is golden, but this comment stands out. Magnificent job

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:22 - May 13 with 2212 viewsThe_Snake

I get what you're saying but this group of players have been consistent in our downfall over the last 3 years in particular.

Various managers have failed to get a tune out of them. If a new manager, new owners and the prospect of a bright future can't get you to raise your game then perhaps it's time to move on.

I'll be renewing on Monday. Bring it on.
Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:23 - May 13 with 2189 viewsPJH

No you are not the only one rubbed up the wrong way by this and other things.

I am very much wondering if I am interested in ITFC USA anymore.

I did pack it in for a year when it was RKIT and I got close to it whilst Hurst was here and may well have done if he had not gone and I am close to it again now.
Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:23 - May 13 with 2180 viewspennblue

where is the article suggesting these players are about to be sold off?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:24 - May 13 with 2166 viewsKeno

so you are happy with the current "Ipswich way' of under performing for 13 years and drifting into oblivion

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:26 - May 13 with 2138 viewsITFC_96

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:23 - May 13 by pennblue

where is the article suggesting these players are about to be sold off?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ipswich-town-boss-cook-tells-players-t
Login to get fewer ads

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:27 - May 13 with 2130 viewsitfcjoe

You're not the only one who feels this way, I know it is an unpopular position right now.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:29 - May 13 with 2078 viewstractorboy1978

Why don't we wait a couple of months and see where we are before prematurely kicking off?
Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:30 - May 13 with 2074 viewsKeno

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:27 - May 13 by itfcjoe

You're not the only one who feels this way, I know it is an unpopular position right now.

I am kind of betwixt and between on this.

Its obvious we need to something, money of us have been saying for a while that something needed to be radical and now thats happens its uncomfortable

At this stage I will give him the benefit of the doubt and see how it all unfolds

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:30 - May 13 with 2069 viewsHarry_Palmer

For the past decade the 'Ipswich way' has been one of almost constant failure, disappointment and underachievement ( barring a couple of years under Mick ).

Why don't we just wait and see what happens over the summer and what sort of side Cook puts together before we start flouncing about things that haven't even happened yet?
Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:30 - May 13 with 2074 viewsLankHenners

Incredibly strange that this is the reaction when this lot of players are said to be on their way out, yet when the club announced that Wilson was off the social media channels where filled with ‘wtf’ ‘why Wilson’ ‘he’s been our best player’ etc.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:31 - May 13 with 2043 viewschrismakin

People suddenly wishing they didnt hound Evan's out now then?

You cant have it both ways

You either want an owner who is investing to be successful

Or am owner who invests to keep the club as competitive as they can whilst heavily relying on youth due to financial restraints.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:32 - May 13 with 2032 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:21 - May 13 by TractorCam

"Have the homegrown lads been let down by the senior players at the club for the past 2-3 years? Absolutely. That's why they're all on their way out".

Brilliant meltdown. The entire post is golden, but this comment stands out. Magnificent job

Well I've just watched a relegation, 11th placed finish and a 9th placed finish for the past 3 seasons.

Chambers, Skuse, Judge, Sears, Jackson, Nsiala, Bishop, Edwards, Nolan and Huws have been here to oversee it all. All of them are experienced senior professionals - who the younger lads will look at for experience and guidance.

Players like Downes, Dozzell and Dobra, all 3 who have been wanted/watched by PL clubs, are not deemed not good enough now. Put some ambitious minded players around them, get them playing in a good footballing side. Their ability is clear, but they've been let down by the other 8/9 players around them.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:34 - May 13 with 1989 viewssaffers12

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:32 - May 13 by IPSWICHFANITFC

Well I've just watched a relegation, 11th placed finish and a 9th placed finish for the past 3 seasons.

Chambers, Skuse, Judge, Sears, Jackson, Nsiala, Bishop, Edwards, Nolan and Huws have been here to oversee it all. All of them are experienced senior professionals - who the younger lads will look at for experience and guidance.

Players like Downes, Dozzell and Dobra, all 3 who have been wanted/watched by PL clubs, are not deemed not good enough now. Put some ambitious minded players around them, get them playing in a good footballing side. Their ability is clear, but they've been let down by the other 8/9 players around them.

I think I tend to agree with yourself but we do not seem them in training or have communication with them around the club and matchday.

Clearly PC does not see/hear what he needs to
Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:35 - May 13 with 1978 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:31 - May 13 by chrismakin

People suddenly wishing they didnt hound Evan's out now then?

You cant have it both ways

You either want an owner who is investing to be successful

Or am owner who invests to keep the club as competitive as they can whilst heavily relying on youth due to financial restraints.

Evans had to go. The club was going backwards and then we got relegated and haven't come anywhere near bouncing back. I am all for the new ownership, but they need to put what they've said so far into action over time.

I like Paul Cook - I think he was the best option out there. I agree with Cook's comments about the squad and the mentality of the players collectively. It hasn't been good enough. This squad is a midtable L1 club with a few talented individuals from our academy who are now going to go on to Championship clubs.

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:37 - May 13 with 1935 viewsTractorCam

Yeah, Skuse who played about 2 games this season is to blame rather than Dozzell and Bishop who almost played every match. Chambers obviously shouting them the wrong instructions too! Maybe Nolan telepathically controlled their limbs?

Come on man, yes I wouldn't like to lose them all, and by the way we won't, but to blame the senior players for their performances is ridiculous. They're not kids anymore. To say you won't get a season ticket because of it is insane.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:38 - May 13 with 1931 viewsSouperJim

This is a fair point and I do feel that some of the younger players perhaps deserve a bit more time, but fundamentally I think the likes of Nydam, Lankester find themselves on the cutting room floor because of fitness doubts. I think we're going to run a far smaller squad and as a result PC won't waste a place on someone he has any doubts about being able to depend on.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:38 - May 13 with 1935 viewsitfcjoe

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:30 - May 13 by LankHenners

Incredibly strange that this is the reaction when this lot of players are said to be on their way out, yet when the club announced that Wilson was off the social media channels where filled with ‘wtf’ ‘why Wilson’ ‘he’s been our best player’ etc.

We've gone from Lambert being useless and underperforming to the players all now being useless.

There's not a lot of room for nuance - maybe we should burn Portman Road down and rebuild a stadium somewhere else as well

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:39 - May 13 with 1904 viewsitfcpaul

I love how the current Ipswich Way makes me feel dejected, sad and frustrated, playing awful League One football, so lets keep doing it hey!!!!

definition of madness is, continuing to do the same things and expect a different outcome................

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:40 - May 13 with 1871 viewsGuthrum

Is it the case that we're binning Youth entirely, or merely having a change of personnel?

Downes sounds like he wants to leave (to Luton or wherever) anyway. Dobra and Dozzell may be the same. Believe - or are told by their agents - that they can do better.

Are there any candidates just outside the First Team squad who could step up? Joe and others will know far more than me about that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:41 - May 13 with 1845 viewsBlueandTruesince82

We don't have any players I'd pay to watch but I'm not happy that the players we do have are up for sale is yiur gist then

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:45 - May 13 with 1785 viewsborge

Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:21 - May 13 by SouperJim

"The Ipswich Way" is a meaningless phrase bandied about by people when what they mean is simply "I don't like this".

And saying it is a meaningless phrase is something that is bandied about who don't understand that in the long-term, people buy into culture and heritage, not just a momentary spark of change/investment/re-invention. Supporting a football club is about a sense of belonging and you need more than just a name to retain that sense.

Mark Detmer is right, we do have a lost generation of fans and that generation has no real connection to or understanding of our long term culture because they haven't seen/experienced it. We clearly need investment in the squad/coaching infrastructure to make us successful, but the bi-product of that shouldn't be further degradation of our heritage. In that respect the club needs time, not knee-jerk throw the baby out with the bathwater reactions.
Doesn't really feel like the Ipswich way on 09:45 - May 13 with 1783 viewsJakeITFC

Important distinction to be made here - telling players they may be sold is not the same as saying they are not good enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024