Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... 10:07 - May 13 with 5078 viewsitfcjoe

All our middle aged players - i.e. those 25-30 - who are expected to be in their prime have let us done badly.

Leaving us relying on a combination of the old guard and youngsters coming through

Hanging those at the end of their careers and beginning of their careers out to dry

And this is where we now are, where we are getting rid of good players that we have produced, who have never been in a functioning team because of poor management from the last 2 managers.

Cook now walking a tight rope, so much pressure on this summer and realistically playing such a high stakes game

Hopefully he can get it right, because I can't stomach much more time at this level - especially if there isn't even some home grown players to get behind!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 19:25 - May 13 with 926 viewsjas0999

I agree, but this was backed by Evans who saw a transfer profit that summer. He also authorised fees OR wages. Hence the lower end in terms of wage.
So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 19:37 - May 13 with 905 viewsreusersfreekicks

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:44 - May 13 by chrismakin

Good for you, enjoy the break

PJH adds far more to this forum than you ever have or will.
So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 21:55 - May 13 with 830 viewschrismakin

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 19:37 - May 13 by reusersfreekicks

PJH adds far more to this forum than you ever have or will.

It's a forum not a contest. Lol

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 22:06 - May 13 with 819 viewsDubtractor

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:34 - May 13 by PJH

I am enjoying being on this Forum less and less since you took it over so not only am I now thinking of giving up on ITFC USA I am now thinking of packing TWTD in as well.

Stick with it mate. Both ITFC and this place!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 22:11 - May 13 with 812 viewsVic

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 10:33 - May 13 by Coastalblue

While I appreciate we probably wouldn't be where we are in the first place, I wonder how much of the reaction is down to the Hurst experience. If we'd never gone through that and then saw a manager come in and rip up an underperforming team then maybe people would have been more forgiving.

I have to be honest, I've got to a stage where I don't really know what to make of it now and am just going to sit back and watch. This is likely to go one of two ways from here, we've already seen one of them (Hurst) so hopefully it's spectacular in the other direction.

Cook either has some very big assurances from above or some very big balls.

I don’t see how this can go as wrong as Hursts clear out and ‘rebuild’. He replaced good players with players from lower leagues. Cook is not going to do that. I feel uncomfortable and sad that there doesn’t seem and real intent to give the likes of Dobra, Downes and Woolfie a chance to see what they can do with proper coaching. However, given the stated intent of the owners I think we will be replacing them with their equal of better, almost certainly the latter.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 22:16 - May 13 with 802 viewsitfctilidie

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 10:53 - May 13 by jayessess

You want to see the rest of Nolan's stats which are absolutely dreadful. Ranked dead last of our centre midfielders for tackles, interceptions, blocks, clearances. Even Bishop looks good in comparison.

Amusing how you have pulled out the 'ball winning midfielder's' stats to base your argument on.

It is a bit like pulling out the chances created, goals scored stats for a player Skuse.
So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 22:32 - May 13 with 764 viewsSwansea_Blue

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 21:55 - May 13 by chrismakin

It's a forum not a contest. Lol

It’s not, but PJH is a long standing well respected poster who isn’t going to speak out without good reason. He deserves more than a virtual flip of the bird.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 22:42 - May 13 with 752 viewsVic

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 22:32 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

It’s not, but PJH is a long standing well respected poster who isn’t going to speak out without good reason. He deserves more than a virtual flip of the bird.

Hear hear.

Time to take a rain check Chris, or reluctantly fir my own sanity I’m going to have to put you on the div list.

Login to get fewer ads

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 22:48 - May 13 with 744 viewschrismakin

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 22:32 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

I was asked to reduce the number of threads I started. I have

I wont reduce the number of replies to threads I make. I've made it clear why I use the forum. And I've had the ok to continue to do so.

As said before. If no one wants to read my posts then pop me on ignore. I'm not here to win a contest for posting the best content and I have no interest in if PJH is a better poster.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 22:50 - May 13 with 742 viewschrismakin

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 22:42 - May 13 by Vic

Hear hear.

Time to take a rain check Chris, or reluctantly fir my own sanity I’m going to have to put you on the div list.

Feel free vic. I'll be continuing to post.

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 22:56 - May 13 with 735 viewsVic

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 22:50 - May 13 by chrismakin

Gone! Sorry but just too many posts in too many threads!

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 07:33 - May 14 with 662 viewshaynes_toe1

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 22:50 - May 13 by chrismakin

I won't put you on ignore. Its too funny watching you squirm about trying to turn every ridiculous, awful decision or performance by Cook into some positive to back up your blind faith and loyalty in a manager who has seen a regression on the pitch and now wants to kick all our young prospects out of the club.

Imagine if this was Lambert doing this?!
So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 07:37 - May 14 with 647 viewschrismakin

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 07:33 - May 14 by haynes_toe1

I won't put you on ignore. Its too funny watching you squirm about trying to turn every ridiculous, awful decision or performance by Cook into some positive to back up your blind faith and loyalty in a manager who has seen a regression on the pitch and now wants to kick all our young prospects out of the club.

Imagine if this was Lambert doing this?!

Feel free. Youd have seen my dissappontment at his coaching appt so far. So there you go a negative
Youd have seen my meltdown over drinan. Another negative.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024