Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... 10:07 - May 13 with 5088 viewsitfcjoe

All our middle aged players - i.e. those 25-30 - who are expected to be in their prime have let us done badly.

Leaving us relying on a combination of the old guard and youngsters coming through

Hanging those at the end of their careers and beginning of their careers out to dry

And this is where we now are, where we are getting rid of good players that we have produced, who have never been in a functioning team because of poor management from the last 2 managers.

Cook now walking a tight rope, so much pressure on this summer and realistically playing such a high stakes game

Hopefully he can get it right, because I can't stomach much more time at this level - especially if there isn't even some home grown players to get behind!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 12:12 - May 13 with 1145 viewsmonty_radio

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 10:47 - May 13 by Steve_M

Yes, and we will sell players for well below what we could sell them for in another year because we've made it so clear we'll sell anyone, see Adam Webster for example.

Downes, Dozzell and Wolfenden all have a far higher ceiling than lower-end Championship let alone where we are now. Are we really not willing to let them reach that ceiling because of a clamour for change.

"clamour for change" suggests that Cook is responding to the fans' demands. I don't get that impression. I see a man convinced he can do it because he's done it before, and owners that would not spare him if promotion didn't arrive next season.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 12:13]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 12:14 - May 13 with 1138 viewsjayessess

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 12:10 - May 13 by positivity

not when the 29 year old is the one who hasn't shown you anything yet as he's been injured for the entirety of your stay!

if the 29 year old doesn't kick on you get rid, if the 22 year old does respond, he becomes unsellable (or his asking price goes up at least, don't think anyone's unsellable in league one)

The 29-year-old did exist and play for us prior to Cook arriving. DVDs are available, I imagine.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 12:20 - May 13 with 1122 viewsKeaneish

Putting the homegrown talent still under contract in the shop window isn't as bad as its being perceived in my view. If we're really going to move forward in a positive manner, we need all the options open to us possible to make informed, calculated decisions.

In my view, it's better to listen to an offer thank not have an offer at all in case it opens up a different, better avenue - as long as its handled with integrity. However, how the players feel about this is another question.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 12:27 - May 13 with 1100 viewspositivity

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 12:14 - May 13 by jayessess

The 29-year-old did exist and play for us prior to Cook arriving. DVDs are available, I imagine.

yes, cook will have seen these videos of his performances for ipswich and shrewsbury (working under different managers and given different instructions) and thought that he maybe able to get something from him.

if he then doesn't respond to his training, then he'll get rid

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 14:56 - May 13 with 1052 viewsBlueNomad

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 10:47 - May 13 by Steve_M

Yes, and we will sell players for well below what we could sell them for in another year because we've made it so clear we'll sell anyone, see Adam Webster for example.

Downes, Dozzell and Wolfenden all have a far higher ceiling than lower-end Championship let alone where we are now. Are we really not willing to let them reach that ceiling because of a clamour for change.

We will have Ashton doing the selling
So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 14:59 - May 13 with 1042 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 10:34 - May 13 by BloomBlue

Because when he has played for the last 2 seasons he hasn't done anything to dominate a game, which apparently is the same reason why Cook is correct in letting the likes of Doz, Bishop etc leave

"for the last 2 seasons he hasn't done anything to dominate a game, which apparently is the same reason why Cook is correct in letting the likes of Doz, Bishop etc leave"

Where has this been said, that this is why Cook is letting them leave?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 15:46 - May 13 with 981 viewsBlueWorldOrder

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 10:27 - May 13 by Herbivore

And yet we're looking at trying to keep Edwards, Nolan is sticking around, and we've extended the contracts of Nsiala, Donacien, and Jackson. The banter era rolls on.

Amazing that Cook rates those out of the bunch. He's Hurst MK2. Awful. Just awful.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 15:49 - May 13 with 975 viewschrismakin

Can't believe I actually saw you say that Paul Cook needs to get out of the club.

Shocked

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 15:52 - May 13 with 963 viewsitfcjoe

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 15:49 - May 13 by chrismakin

Can't believe I actually saw you say that Paul Cook needs to get out of the club.

Shocked

Where have I said this?

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:07 - May 13 with 937 viewschrismakin

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 15:52 - May 13 by itfcjoe

Where have I said this?

twitter,

if it's not you or it's photoshopped or something than i apologise

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:09 - May 13 with 930 viewsHerbivore

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:07 - May 13 by chrismakin

twitter,

Why are you bringing what people have said on twitter over on to the forum?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:10 - May 13 with 922 viewschrismakin

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:09 - May 13 by Herbivore

Why are you bringing what people have said on twitter over on to the forum?

He asked where he said it.

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:11 - May 13 with 922 viewsHerbivore

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:10 - May 13 by chrismakin

He asked where he said it.

You brought it up. Respond to him on twitter if you want to talk to him about what he's said on twitter.

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:12 - May 13 with 917 viewsitfcjoe

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:07 - May 13 by chrismakin

twitter,

Where have I said 'he needs to get out of this club'.

I'm fully aware of what I've said on Twitter, and probably would row back a little bit from my initial tweets but I certainly haven't said that in those strong terms.

That melt there doesn't understand that I'm quite happy to see poor players in their late 20s go but would rather keep good young players with higher ceilings.

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:15 - May 13 with 904 viewschrismakin

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:12 - May 13 by itfcjoe

Where have I said 'he needs to get out of this club'.

I'm fully aware of what I've said on Twitter, and probably would row back a little bit from my initial tweets but I certainly haven't said that in those strong terms.

That melt there doesn't understand that I'm quite happy to see poor players in their late 20s go but would rather keep good young players with higher ceilings.

" How about PC finds another club" it's going to be a disaster

That's the same thing mate lol

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:18 - May 13 with 888 viewschrismakin

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:11 - May 13 by Herbivore

You brought it up. Respond to him on twitter if you want to talk to him about what he's said on twitter.

I'll ask him where ever I want thanks

He's replied many times saying he's not a PC outer, etc, yet clearly he'd happily have PC out of the club. so for me it counters his argument as a balanced opposite view on here.

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:21 - May 13 with 882 viewsHerbivore

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:18 - May 13 by chrismakin

He's replied many times saying he's not a PC outer, etc, yet clearly he'd happily have PC out of the club. so for me it counters his argument as a balanced opposite view on here.

Bizarre.

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:28 - May 13 with 864 viewsitfcjoe

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:15 - May 13 by chrismakin

" How about PC finds another club" it's going to be a disaster

That's the same thing mate lol

Well it's not the same thing is it - if it was the same thing I would be saying he needs to, or should do, or that I want him to

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:30 - May 13 with 848 viewschrismakin

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:28 - May 13 by itfcjoe

Well it's not the same thing is it - if it was the same thing I would be saying he needs to, or should do, or that I want him to

lol ok

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:34 - May 13 with 838 viewsPJH

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:18 - May 13 by chrismakin

I am enjoying being on this Forum less and less since you took it over so not only am I now thinking of giving up on ITFC USA I am now thinking of packing TWTD in as well.
So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:43 - May 13 with 796 viewsElephantintheRoom

Is it? The gobby manager seems to be keeping most of Hurst's fab signings. Whether this is because they have a book value in the takeover I dont know - but Cook might be building his team around Nolan, Jackson, Toto, Donacien and Edwards... given he is the second manager to inherit them that suggests Cook sees something in them.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:44 - May 13 with 790 viewschrismakin

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:34 - May 13 by PJH

I am enjoying being on this Forum less and less since you took it over so not only am I now thinking of giving up on ITFC USA I am now thinking of packing TWTD in as well.

Good for you, enjoy the break

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:45 - May 13 with 784 viewspositivity

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 16:43 - May 13 by ElephantintheRoom

Is it? The gobby manager seems to be keeping most of Hurst's fab signings. Whether this is because they have a book value in the takeover I dont know - but Cook might be building his team around Nolan, Jackson, Toto, Donacien and Edwards... given he is the second manager to inherit them that suggests Cook sees something in them.

"cook might be building his team around them", but he almost certainly isn't.

calm down, calm down

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 19:19 - May 13 with 692 viewsreusersfreekicks

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 10:29 - May 13 by chrismakin

Keep seeing Nolan pop up

Why?

Hes been injured. PC liked him before he came to Ipswich and Nolan scored more goals than the rest of our midfielders.. why wouldnt he want to work with him.

Cos the others Cook wants shot of are miles better
So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 19:21 - May 13 with 689 viewschrismakin

So much of this is down to Hurst's disaster of a window.... on 19:19 - May 13 by reusersfreekicks

Cos the others Cook wants shot of are miles better

But he's worked with then, he's not had chance to work with Nolan, so makes sense if he wants time to see what he is working with.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024