Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever 21:27 - Jun 14 with 1462 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 21:52 - Jun 14 with 1396 viewsRadioOrwell

bloke misses chance ...

"that was a miss"

"he'll be disappointed with that"
The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 21:55 - Jun 14 with 1387 viewsBryanPlug

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 21:52 - Jun 14 by RadioOrwell

bloke misses chance ...

"that was a miss"

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 21:57 - Jun 14 with 1381 viewsStewart27

He burst onto the scenes really well a few years back.

Now he’s just turned into Lawrenson. I actually thought it was him.
The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 22:00 - Jun 14 with 1362 viewsFtnfwest

No idea when the 15% Swedish possession was
The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 22:00 - Jun 14 with 1360 viewsIpswichKnight

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 22:00 - Jun 14 by Ftnfwest

Time taken to get the ball back in play?
The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 22:02 - Jun 14 with 1337 viewsgetawig

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 21:52 - Jun 14 by RadioOrwell

bloke misses chance ...

"that was a miss"

Some Norwood like finishing from both teams
The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 22:04 - Jun 14 with 1329 viewsSharkey

Seb Larsson, what a boy.
The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 22:18 - Jun 14 with 1287 viewsmikeybloo88

No, it's because it was a crap match...
Login to get fewer ads

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 22:39 - Jun 14 with 1261 viewsSuperblue95

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 22:00 - Jun 14 by Ftnfwest

Couldn’t believe how negative Sweden were. Spain aren’t much to fear these days and I had always thought of Sweden as being a half decent side.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 07:25 - Jun 15 with 1131 viewsDeano69

What’s the point of 3 million completed passes, yet end up drawing 0-0?

Ok, 3 million might be an exaggeration.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 08:44 - Jun 15 with 1028 viewsCoastalblue

I only watched the first half and wondered who the inane co-commentator was, I actually thought it was somebody quite old until he mentioned he'd played against someone quite a few times, that really threw me.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 09:17 - Jun 15 with 974 viewsSharkey

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 22:39 - Jun 14 by Superblue95

Couldn’t believe how negative Sweden were. Spain aren’t much to fear these days and I had always thought of Sweden as being a half decent side.

The pre-match studio chat was not very fair to Sweden, in that though it of course mentioned Zlatan is injured it did not mention that two of Sweden's brighter young talents are in Covid quarantine and will be back for the next two games. Kulucevski played 35 games on the wing for Juve last season.
The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 09:23 - Jun 15 with 963 viewsitfcjoe

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 21:57 - Jun 14 by Stewart27

He burst onto the scenes really well a few years back.

Now he’s just turned into Lawrenson. I actually thought it was him.

Spot on, he's now the miserable one who tells you how rubbish a time he's having, and how unenjoyable it all is whilst also not doing any research to add any nuggets of info that are interesting.

Just not very good

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 12:09 - Jun 15 with 900 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 12:37 - Jun 15 with 876 viewsBarcaBlue

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 12:09 - Jun 15 by Steve_M

That sums him up perfectly. He offered zero insight last night, and the only time I heard him suggest a tactial substitution showed a complete misunderstanding of why Spain were struggling.

I watched the England match on Spanish tv where Morientes was the co-commentator. He showed a real understanding of England players, tactics and what Southgate ws trying to do with his selecton - light years from Murphy, Lawrenson et al.

The problem with Spanish coverage is the adverts. The coverage starts with the national anthems, no build up, then cuts to adverts before kick off, half time is 15 minutes of ads then transmission is cut with the final whiste. There's no summary, highlights etc. I've even seen live comercials for Gillette for Men pitchside direct from the commentator team. There is no Danny Murphy though
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 12:41]
The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 12:45 - Jun 15 with 856 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Spain v Sweden game seems to be going on forever on 12:09 - Jun 15 by Steve_M

Shearer's someone who offers zero insight too, and will even cut off his co-presenters to make sure he gets his utterly pointless utterings across. When you get someone with a bit of intelligence in with him, like Jamie Redknapp for example, it's really quite obvious how meaningless Shearer's contributions are.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024