Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I just can't get the staff!! 13:27 - Jun 15 with 3142 viewsartsbossbeard

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/business/ipswich-glass-boss-hiring-problems-8

Union's fault, no doubt.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I just can't get the staff!! on 13:30 - Jun 15 with 2342 viewsCotty

Hahaha that is hilarious.

"Yeah, the pay's sh*t, but you get to work 45 hours which makes up for it"

What a plank.
I just can't get the staff!! on 13:31 - Jun 15 with 2324 viewsfooters

Turnover of £3.5m... won't pay staff an extra two, three pounds an hour.

Lol. That'll learn you for being a greedy mofo.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I just can't get the staff!! on 13:33 - Jun 15 with 2301 viewsSteve_M

He said: "This is the busiest period we've ever had.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I just can't get the staff!! on 13:34 - Jun 15 with 2290 viewsWeWereZombies

I just can't get the staff!! on 13:30 - Jun 15 by Cotty

Hahaha that is hilarious.

"Yeah, the pay's sh*t, but you get to work 45 hours which makes up for it"

What a plank.

C'mon, be fair, how are you going to pay for the extra childcare if you don't work those additional ten hours a week?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

I just can't get the staff!! on 13:42 - Jun 15 with 2225 viewsEireannach_gorm

I suspect that the members of his family working for him are not on minimum wage.
I just can't get the staff!! on 13:44 - Jun 15 with 2199 viewsJammyDodgerrr

What a ridiculous article and shocking journalism.

He had more than 100 applicants but here he is saying he can't even hire ten people but not pressed on why? And he is struggling to understand why people would choose a job that pays £11 an hour for 35 Hour weeks, over his 46 hour weeks.

Sounds like an absolute delight to work for.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

I just can't get the staff!! on 13:45 - Jun 15 with 2178 viewsSaigonTractor

"which was probably the 20% they would have spent on horse riding with the kids, dancing or cubs and scouts and holidays."

I love that his first thought for activities families spend money on was horse riding. Finger on the pulse this guy.

"We think there might be a hole at Morrison's because they'd normally say 'can I just pop to Morrison's at lunch' and then never come back."

This line was also very telling. People turn up, see how awful the job is for minimum wage, then just leg it at the first chance they get.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 13:48]
I just can't get the staff!! on 13:45 - Jun 15 with 2156 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

I just can't get the staff!! on 13:31 - Jun 15 by footers

Of course we are not aware of the profit he is making on that turnover.
Login to get fewer ads

I just can't get the staff!! on 13:46 - Jun 15 with 2162 viewsitfcjoe

We are finding similar on things, because self employed tradesmen have done pretty well out of the furlough scheme, there isn't as much desire to work full time even as they were able to work good hours during the lockdown, but not full hours, so they were eligible to claim the grants (and no option but to claim it in full).

So much money been handed out, I don't blame anyone for taking it as lonmg as it wasn't fraudulent, but it has ballsed things up a bit

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I just can't get the staff!! on 13:48 - Jun 15 with 2134 viewsKeno

I just can't get the staff!! on 13:46 - Jun 15 by itfcjoe

We are finding similar on things, because self employed tradesmen have done pretty well out of the furlough scheme, there isn't as much desire to work full time even as they were able to work good hours during the lockdown, but not full hours, so they were eligible to claim the grants (and no option but to claim it in full).

So much money been handed out, I don't blame anyone for taking it as lonmg as it wasn't fraudulent, but it has ballsed things up a bit

I have heard similar from other employers I deal with

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I just can't get the staff!! on 14:03 - Jun 15 with 2044 viewsBasuco

I just can't get the staff!! on 13:44 - Jun 15 by JammyDodgerrr

What a ridiculous article and shocking journalism.

He had more than 100 applicants but here he is saying he can't even hire ten people but not pressed on why? And he is struggling to understand why people would choose a job that pays £11 an hour for 35 Hour weeks, over his 46 hour weeks.

Sounds like an absolute delight to work for.

A three week shift rotation could be a problem as well as the 12 hour days.
I just can't get the staff!! on 14:26 - Jun 15 with 1938 viewsipswich78

I just can't get the staff!! on 13:31 - Jun 15 by footers

You're confusing turnover with profit.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

I just can't get the staff!! on 14:29 - Jun 15 with 1917 viewsDanTheMan

How much to bet that half day trial isn't paid for either?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I just can't get the staff!! on 14:31 - Jun 15 with 1917 viewsHARRY10

The problem with the minimum wage is it rarely improves the lot of the employee, it just means far less of the cost falls on the state.

If sh itbags like him could get away with paying a fiver an hour, it would just mean the state would have to make up the difference.

Given the way the hours.days are structured, it is most likely that the same minimum wage is paid for weekend work, which it would mean your social life is greatly impacted as you are not able to have the same time each week.

No ST at PR, no playing in a regular sports team or regular social events. What for ? Out of the door the day work drops off.

So I hope the c**t goes bankrupt - no more than he deserves.
I just can't get the staff!! on 14:33 - Jun 15 with 1885 viewsjeera

Have they lifted this from the Suffolk Gazette?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I just can't get the staff!! on 14:35 - Jun 15 with 1861 viewsusm

I just can't get the staff!! on 13:45 - Jun 15 by SaigonTractor

"which was probably the 20% they would have spent on horse riding with the kids, dancing or cubs and scouts and holidays."

I love that his first thought for activities families spend money on was horse riding. Finger on the pulse this guy.

"We think there might be a hole at Morrison's because they'd normally say 'can I just pop to Morrison's at lunch' and then never come back."

This line was also very telling. People turn up, see how awful the job is for minimum wage, then just leg it at the first chance they get.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 13:48]

Besides, they can earn more on furlough, with the occasional cash job of course.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

I just can't get the staff!! on 14:38 - Jun 15 with 1845 viewsfooters

I just can't get the staff!! on 14:26 - Jun 15 by ipswich78

I know the difference, ta, but if he is bellyaching about paying staff more than minimum wage to attract them during a peak time for his buiness, then he should look more at reducing his overheads if his profit is squeezed that much. He only employs 30 people, in Ipswich, so he must be being extremely greedy or profligate in other areas if he can't afford such a measly amount.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I just can't get the staff!! on 14:46 - Jun 15 with 1790 viewsXYZ

I just can't get the staff!! on 14:38 - Jun 15 by footers

I know the difference, ta, but if he is bellyaching about paying staff more than minimum wage to attract them during a peak time for his buiness, then he should look more at reducing his overheads if his profit is squeezed that much. He only employs 30 people, in Ipswich, so he must be being extremely greedy or profligate in other areas if he can't afford such a measly amount.

Crap management leads to poor productivity and lower profit.

Crap managers pay minimum wage to cover up their own shortcomings and inability to create value. The only value created is through exploitation of under-rewarded workers.
I just can't get the staff!! on 14:49 - Jun 15 with 1776 viewsm14_blue

I just can't get the staff!! on 14:26 - Jun 15 by ipswich78

If his margins are so tight that he can't pay staff enough to retain or recruit them then he needs to rethink his business model.
I just can't get the staff!! on 14:50 - Jun 15 with 1760 viewsHARRY10

I just can't get the staff!! on 14:38 - Jun 15 by footers

He is getting his pricing wrong

Most overheads are pretty fixed, whereas the three variables are labour costs, materials and pricing of goods.

Assuming materials remain much the same, then I can only assume he is undercutting others based on deluded estimations of labour costs.

"Yes squire, I can clean your chimneys cheaper than anyone else - just as soon as eyes rounds up some more horphans"
I just can't get the staff!! on 14:50 - Jun 15 with 1759 viewsMattinLondon

I just can't get the staff!! on 14:49 - Jun 15 by m14_blue

If his margins are so tight that he can't pay staff enough to retain or recruit them then he needs to rethink his business model.

What, take responsibility for himself?
I just can't get the staff!! on 14:57 - Jun 15 with 1710 viewsgiant_stow

agree with what you're all saying, but just for a bit of balance, it can't be all bad working there if he hangs on to the 30 bods already employed. Not that I'd fancy that offer, unless jobless!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I just can't get the staff!! on 14:57 - Jun 15 with 1704 viewsm14_blue

I just can't get the staff!! on 14:35 - Jun 15 by usm

Besides, they can earn more on furlough, with the occasional cash job of course.

Presumably the people applying for these jobs are out of work, so where are they supposed to be getting furlough payments from?
I just can't get the staff!! on 15:04 - Jun 15 with 1653 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

I just can't get the staff!! on 14:31 - Jun 15 by HARRY10

The problem with the minimum wage is it rarely improves the lot of the employee, it just means far less of the cost falls on the state.

If sh itbags like him could get away with paying a fiver an hour, it would just mean the state would have to make up the difference.

Given the way the hours.days are structured, it is most likely that the same minimum wage is paid for weekend work, which it would mean your social life is greatly impacted as you are not able to have the same time each week.

No ST at PR, no playing in a regular sports team or regular social events. What for ? Out of the door the day work drops off.

So I hope the c**t goes bankrupt - no more than he deserves.

I have to be honest, the article did not do him or his organisation much credit - or was it angled that way by the press....
Whatever the true picture HARRY10, your response does seem rather over the top.
Perhaps you would be better off emailing the company with your thoughts, making sure your details are shown and that you include the c word in its entirety. The world will never change if strong opinions like yours do not get through to those making the decisions.
I just can't get the staff!! on 15:05 - Jun 15 with 1650 viewsusm

I just can't get the staff!! on 14:57 - Jun 15 by m14_blue

Presumably the people applying for these jobs are out of work, so where are they supposed to be getting furlough payments from?

But if theyre put of work, they'd jump at the chance to work wouldnt they?

We are all making assumptions and the guy appears a right plonker, but it seems ridiculous that he cannot fill these vacancies, even worse people not bothering to turn up or clearing off at lunchtime.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024