Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl 09:57 - Jun 22 with 15652 viewsSitfcB

Former poster TractorGirl, Jane Summerfield, sadly passed away back in February.

I know she had controversial views and was always outspoken on here but I got to know her and met her a few times at football plus seeing her on the bus or at Tesco Copdock a few times, believe she lived somewhere off Belmont Road and she was a thoroughly nice lady.

My mum is a bus driver and she had heard from another driver, Jane was a regular bus user, a while ago that Jane had passed alone at home due to Covid but I hadn’t seen any confirmation as such until just now on her FB page.

RIP Jane x

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:35 - Jun 22 with 1748 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sad news. What a sad way to go too.

I will have a ham sandwich in her memory at lunchtime.

RIP TG xx

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:37 - Jun 22 with 1736 viewsbluelagos

Sad news RIP

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:39 - Jun 22 with 1732 viewsEdwardStone

Thanks for sharing the very sad news

RIP....I always thought she was the most excellent poster, full of wonderful, if slightly left-field opinions

Ham sandwich for lunch here too, just to remember
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:39 - Jun 22 with 1739 viewsCoastalblue

Sad news, she became a bit of a board legend and in the style of J Nolan became better the longer her absence went on.

RIP

There's been a few board stalwarts graduate to the big forum in the sky over the last few years, perhaps a hall of fame could be added as a page and their (user) names added? Not suggesting pictures on pillars, just might be nice to remember and honour them.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:43 - Jun 22 with 1703 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Sad. RIP Jane... another blue gone, such a shame

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:47 - Jun 22 with 1684 viewsBluefish

Horrendous news. She was a legend of this board and I always really liked her. We spoke a few times outside of the board back in the day and she was a lovely lady. RIP TG, a lot of foxes are going hungry sadly

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:47 - Jun 22 with 1682 viewsOsborneOneNil

Sad sad news, RIP TG
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:48 - Jun 22 with 1674 viewsJakeITFC

A genuine OG board legend, RIP.
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:49 - Jun 22 with 1665 viewsDebsyAngel

That is so sad - I used to like her posts, and wondered where she had gone. RIP Jane x
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:51 - Jun 22 with 1640 viewsunbelievablue

Rest in peace TG.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:52 - Jun 22 with 1636 viewsRomeo4

That’s really sad news. RIP TractorGirl
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:53 - Jun 22 with 1625 viewsDebsyAngel

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:39 - Jun 22 by Coastalblue

Sad news, she became a bit of a board legend and in the style of J Nolan became better the longer her absence went on.

RIP

There's been a few board stalwarts graduate to the big forum in the sky over the last few years, perhaps a hall of fame could be added as a page and their (user) names added? Not suggesting pictures on pillars, just might be nice to remember and honour them.

I think that is a lovely idea.
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:56 - Jun 22 with 1610 viewsbobbyramsey

Such sad news, so sorry.

RIP TG.
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:58 - Jun 22 with 1606 viewsKropotkin123

I guess, as if we needed one, this should be a reminder that there are real people behind the Covid deaths and we should continue to take it seriously.

RIP TG

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 11:01 - Jun 22 with 1570 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sorry to hear that, RIP Jane.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 11:02 - Jun 22 with 1570 viewsusm

Bloody Hell, RIP TG.
I enjoyed her rather zany postings on here and interacted with her a few times. Sad she died alone and I presume relatively young.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 11:08 - Jun 22 with 1542 viewsEireannach_gorm

Very sad news especially the circumstances of her death.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 11:25 - Jun 22 with 1504 viewsLord_Lucan

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:34 - Jun 22 by DanTheMan

That's horrible news. Fairly sure Belmont road was actually near where I used to live.

RIP Jane / TG.

Just had a peek back at a few PM's and by the look of it at the time she was up Pinewood way and mentions Yallop and Pinewood Blue were up there near to her.

It looks like some very old messages have not carried over from previous formats as the only conversation I actually remembered the details of wasn't there

I did chuckle though when I saw some messages we had

Once when she was trying to organise a taxi from Chelmsford after she apparently copped a lot of stick on here for asking advice and wanting an English speaking driver.

" I honestly do not consider it unreasonable to ask for a driver who at least speaks the language! However TWTD is of course the home of political correctness!!!"

And another after I advised her that Bossbeard was living near to her and he was having a street party and she should gatecrash

"Do you think it's just a front for wife swapping? I have heard about that sort of thing in the suburbs when there is not much on the TV!"

Must admit I wish she had paid us all another visit
[Post edited 23 Jun 2021 20:32]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 11:27 - Jun 22 with 1480 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

RIP fellow Blue!
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 11:27 - Jun 22 with 1475 viewssaffers12

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 11:25 - Jun 22 by Lord_Lucan

Just had a peek back at a few PM's and by the look of it at the time she was up Pinewood way and mentions Yallop and Pinewood Blue were up there near to her.

It looks like some very old messages have not carried over from previous formats as the only conversation I actually remembered the details of wasn't there

I did chuckle though when I saw some messages we had

Once when she was trying to organise a taxi from Chelmsford after she apparently copped a lot of stick on here for asking advice and wanting an English speaking driver.

" I honestly do not consider it unreasonable to ask for a driver who at least speaks the language! However TWTD is of course the home of political correctness!!!"

And another after I advised her that Bossbeard was living near to her and he was having a street party and she should gatecrash

"Do you think it's just a front for wife swapping? I have heard about that sort of thing in the suburbs when there is not much on the TV!"

Must admit I wish she had paid us all another visit
[Post edited 23 Jun 2021 20:32]

really sad news, sounds like a lovely person
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 11:29 - Jun 22 with 1464 viewsRedX

Sad stuff.

May she rest in peace.
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 11:31 - Jun 22 with 1466 viewsLord_Lucan

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 11:27 - Jun 22 by saffers12

really sad news, sounds like a lovely person

I didn't know her in real life and to be fair she had some fruit cake moments but she did sort of get kicked off and to be fair many of us had a few ding dongs with her but it's a shame she never made it back.

Always a shame to lose a blue and it's not nice to hear that someone died alone, it really isn't.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 11:43 - Jun 22 with 1397 viewsGeomorph

RIP TG
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 12:18 - Jun 22 with 1341 viewsITFC_Forever

RIP TG.

Could be as mad as a box of frogs sometimes, but more than held her own on here and absolutely has her place in TWTD history.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 13:01]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 12:20 - Jun 22 with 1325 viewsGlasgowBlue

That’s very sad. R.I.P. TG. A true TWTD legend.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024