Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl 09:57 - Jun 22 with 15605 viewsSitfcB

Former poster TractorGirl, Jane Summerfield, sadly passed away back in February.

I know she had controversial views and was always outspoken on here but I got to know her and met her a few times at football plus seeing her on the bus or at Tesco Copdock a few times, believe she lived somewhere off Belmont Road and she was a thoroughly nice lady.

My mum is a bus driver and she had heard from another driver, Jane was a regular bus user, a while ago that Jane had passed alone at home due to Covid but I hadn’t seen any confirmation as such until just now on her FB page.

RIP Jane x

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 07:59 - Jun 23 with 2589 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 07:02 - Jun 23 by Warkystache

She kind of got me into writing the Warky Reports. Met her at PR once back in 2005, we'd just beaten someone and I was going down the pub after the game.

It surprised me when she said she was on TWTD as most people you meet in real life don't admit it or just say they've 'had a look'. She was nothing like you'd imagine her from here. I always had an image of 'Crazy Cat Lady' from the Simpsons for some reason. How wrong I was.

RIP Jane.

Just through the power of encouragement?
Before my time, although I do have vegan ham in my work sandwich every day.(would she have approved?) She sounds great fun and terribly sad to hear of anybody dying in these circumstances.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 08:39 - Jun 23 with 2552 viewsCotty

Sad news. A real character. In tribute, I will drink a bottle of vodka tonight so that I can drive better.
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 08:47 - Jun 23 with 2514 viewswitchdoctor

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 08:39 - Jun 23 by Cotty

Sad news. A real character. In tribute, I will drink a bottle of vodka tonight so that I can drive better.

sad news indeed..🥲….why did she stop posting on here?
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 09:14 - Jun 23 with 2499 viewsLord_Lucan

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 08:47 - Jun 23 by witchdoctor

sad news indeed..🥲….why did she stop posting on here?

From memory she got the red card.

Edit; Gav says it was a mutual agreement to stay away and that may well be correct - I guess we are talking almost 15 years ago now.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2021 9:35]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 09:25 - Jun 23 with 2468 viewsGavTWTD

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 09:14 - Jun 23 by Lord_Lucan

Edit; Gav says it was a mutual agreement to stay away and that may well be correct - I guess we are talking almost 15 years ago now.

No I'm pretty sure she wasn't banned but did come to an agreement with Phil, mainly for her own good at the time. Happy to be corrected.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 09:27 - Jun 23 with 2457 viewsblueislander

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 09:14 - Jun 23 by Lord_Lucan

It might have been a red card at the end but she did get bullied an awful lot. As can be seen from posts on this thread, some things she posted many years ago are fondly remembered. RIP TG.
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 09:42 - Jun 23 with 2414 viewsitfc_bucks

Jeez - that's a real kicker. I never crossed swords with her and she was clearly a passionate fan.

Absolutely tragic.
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:05 - Jun 23 with 2373 viewswitchdoctor

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 09:27 - Jun 23 by blueislander

It might have been a red card at the end but she did get bullied an awful lot. As can be seen from posts on this thread, some things she posted many years ago are fondly remembered. RIP TG.

that’s what I remember as well…she got an awful lot of stick from
a few on here..
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:45 - Jun 23 with 2333 viewsWarkystache

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:05 - Jun 23 by witchdoctor

that’s what I remember as well…she got an awful lot of stick from
a few on here..

Particularly on the old Rivals site iirc.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 13:32 - Jun 23 with 2226 viewsPhilTWTD

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 09:25 - Jun 23 by GavTWTD

No I'm pretty sure she wasn't banned but did come to an agreement with Phil, mainly for her own good at the time. Happy to be corrected.

No, I don't think it was for her own good as such, it was more because she'd caused upset for a few posters with some of the things she posted. We discussed the matter at the time and agreed it was best her account was deleted. I had been quite good friends with her for a number of years having been part of the Supporters Trust committee alongside her.
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 13:40 - Jun 23 with 2191 viewswitchdoctor

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 13:32 - Jun 23 by PhilTWTD

No, I don't think it was for her own good as such, it was more because she'd caused upset for a few posters with some of the things she posted. We discussed the matter at the time and agreed it was best her account was deleted. I had been quite good friends with her for a number of years having been part of the Supporters Trust committee alongside her.

Benters and Taximan would like to pass their condolences to TG and are sad to see this sad news …
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 15:01 - Jun 23 with 2121 viewsmagic

RIP TG, never fortunate enough to meet you in person but you gave me some laughs back in the good old days on this forum.
Gone but not forgotten.
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 18:14 - Jun 23 with 2002 viewsScottCandage

TG was very nice to me when I first joined. I'm very saddened to hear this. All of it.
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 18:25 - Jun 23 with 1989 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Very sad, poor TG, had some good chats with her. RIP Jane.

Poll: would you rather

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 19:33 - Jun 23 with 1959 viewsstringy

That's really sad (anyone going out alone), as noted elsewhere, could be mad as a fish and took too far in the end, but genuine TWTD character, hence so many people still bringing up her flying car / ham sandwich and the fox anecdotes to this day. Bless x
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 21:00 - Jun 23 with 1897 viewsstringy

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:39 - Jun 22 by Coastalblue

Sad news, she became a bit of a board legend and in the style of J Nolan became better the longer her absence went on.

RIP

There's been a few board stalwarts graduate to the big forum in the sky over the last few years, perhaps a hall of fame could be added as a page and their (user) names added? Not suggesting pictures on pillars, just might be nice to remember and honour them.

terrific idea, let it happen
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 23:08 - Jun 23 with 1822 viewspointofblue

Rest in Peace, Jane.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 17:13 - Jun 24 with 1579 viewsbazza

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 10:10 - Jun 22 by BlueBadger

Blimey that's a name that goes back. I hope she's happily feeding ham sarnies to foxes from the window of her flying car wherever she is right now.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 12:35]

She definitely was a character. Sad news RIP tractor girl.
RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 18:02 - Jun 24 with 1566 viewsblueasfook

Sorry to hear that. She was quite a character, and provided much myrth on twtd back in the day. And of course, she loved ITFC.

RIP Jane

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 21:57 - Jun 24 with 1475 viewsSomethingBlue

Remember arguing heatedly with her on ITFC-related matters but it's fairly easy to separate that from understanding that someone is a good soul. Belatedly, am very sorry to hear this.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

RIP Jane Summerfield aka TractorGirl on 16:10 - Jun 25 with 1293 viewspatrickswell

I still have some PMs from her in my account. Terribly sad news and gone far too soon. RIP, Tractor Girl.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024