Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anti-vaxxers 22:59 - Aug 3 with 6895 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just based on Twitter and the viral tweets.. there seems to be quite a vocal section of society now (obviously it’s still a minority) that are massively against the covid vax.

Which got me thinking.. do we have any on here? Not people who just don’t want it but the nutters who are protesting against it or very vocally against it. Would have thought we would with so many posters per day on TWTD but I can’t say I’ve seen any.

Peace and love

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Anti-vaxxers on 23:04 - Aug 3 with 4599 viewsSwansea_Blue

They wouldn’t last long if they kicked off on here. There are a few who’ve posted anti-vaccines stuff in the past. Stokie (and others) normally try to put them right, but there doesn’t seem to be any getting through to them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anti-vaxxers on 23:13 - Aug 3 with 4559 viewsSarge

They’re fcking empty-headed simpletons with massively inflated egos and severely stunted mental development. The type of people who’d have found employment licking windows clean until the invention of the sponge.

Posting on here involves creating a username and password, you can’t just click sign in with Google so it’s beyond the capabilities of most of them. Even pickles managed to do that.
Anti-vaxxers on 23:48 - Aug 3 with 4470 viewsdominiciawful

I could guess where some of them might reside.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Anti-vaxxers on 00:02 - Aug 4 with 4464 viewsMattinLondon

I’m pretty sure that there was an anti-vaxxer on here who mentioned that their niece or nephew had had serious side-effects from having a vaccine administered. Think they kicked-off at someone and might have got banned

Can’t remember the name or if I’m remembering it correctly - but I’m sure they were quite a regular poster.

Peace and love.
Anti-vaxxers on 00:18 - Aug 4 with 4431 viewsStNeotsBlue

Anti-vaxxers on 23:13 - Aug 3 by Sarge

They’re fcking empty-headed simpletons with massively inflated egos and severely stunted mental development. The type of people who’d have found employment licking windows clean until the invention of the sponge.

Posting on here involves creating a username and password, you can’t just click sign in with Google so it’s beyond the capabilities of most of them. Even pickles managed to do that.

Down arrowed not for the point your making but the tone, the licking windows clean bit especially.
Anti-vaxxers on 06:59 - Aug 4 with 4255 viewsBlueBadger

Anti-vaxxers on 00:02 - Aug 4 by MattinLondon

I’m pretty sure that there was an anti-vaxxer on here who mentioned that their niece or nephew had had serious side-effects from having a vaccine administered. Think they kicked-off at someone and might have got banned

Can’t remember the name or if I’m remembering it correctly - but I’m sure they were quite a regular poster.

Peace and love.

Harry Palmer.

Quite an apt name for a massive w@nker, really.
I'm pretty sure I gave him both barrels at some point last year after a particularly traumatic day.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 7:03]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anti-vaxxers on 07:05 - Aug 4 with 4228 viewsSteve_M

It's better to think of vaccine hesitancy as a spectrum rather than a monolithic group of people. There's a small but very vocal constituency promoting all sorts of rubbish, being paid to in some cases (with real money, not monopoly stuff) but many more who have some doubts but are persuadable.

For example the headline French numbers of about 20-25% 'definitely' opposed to the vaccine don't seem to be borne out by reality, where actual uptake is much higher. Maybe down to friends & family persuading them, better understanding or just restrictions on those who won't get vaccinated.

I've got at least one wider family member who has gone down that rabbit hole, started off sceptical about vaccines but then seems to have been radicalised online to the 'it's all scam, vaccines are dangerous' perspective. Given he is a big football fan, will be interesting to see how any restrictions on watching his team (not ITFC) affect that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anti-vaxxers on 07:08 - Aug 4 with 4212 viewsBlueBadger

Anti-vaxxers on 07:05 - Aug 4 by Steve_M

It's better to think of vaccine hesitancy as a spectrum rather than a monolithic group of people. There's a small but very vocal constituency promoting all sorts of rubbish, being paid to in some cases (with real money, not monopoly stuff) but many more who have some doubts but are persuadable.

For example the headline French numbers of about 20-25% 'definitely' opposed to the vaccine don't seem to be borne out by reality, where actual uptake is much higher. Maybe down to friends & family persuading them, better understanding or just restrictions on those who won't get vaccinated.

I've got at least one wider family member who has gone down that rabbit hole, started off sceptical about vaccines but then seems to have been radicalised online to the 'it's all scam, vaccines are dangerous' perspective. Given he is a big football fan, will be interesting to see how any restrictions on watching his team (not ITFC) affect that.

Speaking of anti-vaxxers taking money, here's Piers Corbyn showing why he's both the country's worst Piers but also its worst Corbyn, despite some stiff competition.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/01/piers-corbyn-tricked-into-taking-monopoly-money-a

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Anti-vaxxers on 07:11 - Aug 4 with 4210 viewsbluelagos

One poster, bluesquid, took exception to my labelling the conspiracy theorists as 'loons' and tried to argue that LFC fans were conspiracy theorists who were proved right over Hillsborough, spectacularly missing the point that it was the SYP who were pushing an unfounded conspiracy rather LFC fans.

He didnt last long before Phil's ban hammer swung into action.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anti-vaxxers on 07:20 - Aug 4 with 4157 viewsBlueBadger

Anti-vaxxers on 07:11 - Aug 4 by bluelagos

One poster, bluesquid, took exception to my labelling the conspiracy theorists as 'loons' and tried to argue that LFC fans were conspiracy theorists who were proved right over Hillsborough, spectacularly missing the point that it was the SYP who were pushing an unfounded conspiracy rather LFC fans.

He didnt last long before Phil's ban hammer swung into action.

He was one of the worst. An outright coward who'd claim one thing one day and then try and walk it back when called on it.

Anti-vaxxers on 08:31 - Aug 4 with 4011 viewswkj

Social Media is dangerous. The Cambridge Analytica scandal exposed to the world what most of us in the IT Industry have known for decades. It doesn't necessarily mean that the proportion of anti-vaxxers are growing, but it does mean they are more vocal as social media grows.

In all honesty, I hate having vaccinations. The level of trust is not the same as I have for my surgery. Sitting in the stock room of a pharmacy or school seems very back street and dirty. I don't like the leap of faith I have to put into vaccinations that have multiple brands behind them - and I certainly don't like the side effects.

That said - there is no reason for me to decide that I wont have the vaccination. I had many during school, and have yet to die from MMR, TB or other vaccinated illnesses. The same will happen with Covid 19 too.

From a basic point of view, we've evolved beyond the natural state of our species 100s of years ago. So it is not unreasonable to conclude we need to help our immune systems catch up.

So simply - Get vaccinated, there are no challenges to your civil liberties. Life in lockdown IS a challenge to our civil liberties. Death is a challenge to Life. Covid Kills - but the only way to keep yourself is to prepare with a vacine.

There is no pill that cures it once you have it. Trust Science - not people who have nothing better to do than troll social media with baseless theories.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 8:32]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anti-vaxxers on 08:54 - Aug 4 with 3949 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anti-vaxxers on 07:08 - Aug 4 by BlueBadger

Speaking of anti-vaxxers taking money, here's Piers Corbyn showing why he's both the country's worst Piers but also its worst Corbyn, despite some stiff competition.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/01/piers-corbyn-tricked-into-taking-monopoly-money-a

Remember those anti Semitic anti vaccine leaflets Piers produced, which compared the COVID-19 vaccines to Auschwitz, and were posted in mainly Jewish areas of London?

Well now according to piers it was troublesome Jews who posted the leaflets through their own letter boxes and then made a fuss about it to portray him as being anti Semitic.

https://antisemitism.org/piers-corbyn-suggests-troublemakers-in-jewish-areas-pos

Piers Corbyn, David Ike, Katie Hopkins, Lawrence Fox. The perfect examples of the horseshoe theory.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anti-vaxxers on 09:01 - Aug 4 with 3911 viewsZXBlue

Anti-vaxxers on 08:54 - Aug 4 by GlasgowBlue

Remember those anti Semitic anti vaccine leaflets Piers produced, which compared the COVID-19 vaccines to Auschwitz, and were posted in mainly Jewish areas of London?

Well now according to piers it was troublesome Jews who posted the leaflets through their own letter boxes and then made a fuss about it to portray him as being anti Semitic.

https://antisemitism.org/piers-corbyn-suggests-troublemakers-in-jewish-areas-pos

Piers Corbyn, David Ike, Katie Hopkins, Lawrence Fox. The perfect examples of the horseshoe theory.

2 days ago a post came up on a FB I am part of. It was from a musician saying that it was essential that fellow musicians checked with venues and asked this very important question. It attached his messages with a gig venue. The question? "How is the venue going to ensure that the control group of unvaccinated musicians are not discriminated against?"

I referred to the phrase "control group" and asked what controlled, designed and properly monitored experiement he was clearly part of, as I was interested to know more.

His reply was "Science fascism does not equal being correct".

Sigh.
Anti-vaxxers on 09:10 - Aug 4 with 3883 viewsWD19

Anti-vaxxers on 00:18 - Aug 4 by StNeotsBlue

Down arrowed not for the point your making but the tone, the licking windows clean bit especially.

I upvoted it specifically because of the tone. I am becoming more militant by the day. We need to stop indulging sentiment that places the individuals ego above the health and welfare of others.
Anti-vaxxers on 09:18 - Aug 4 with 3855 viewsDanTheMan

Anti-vaxxers on 08:54 - Aug 4 by GlasgowBlue

I've actually seen loads of anti-vaxxers comparing not getting jabbed to having to wear a golden star...

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anti-vaxxers on 09:41 - Aug 4 with 3755 viewsWD19

Anti-vaxxers on 09:18 - Aug 4 by DanTheMan

I've actually seen loads of anti-vaxxers comparing not getting jabbed to having to wear a golden star...

They are close. Not getting jabbed is less golden star and more rusty sheriffs badge.
Anti-vaxxers on 09:55 - Aug 4 with 3711 viewsmidastouch

Anti-vaxxers on 06:59 - Aug 4 by BlueBadger

Harry Palmer.

Quite an apt name for a massive w@nker, really.
I'm pretty sure I gave him both barrels at some point last year after a particularly traumatic day.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 7:03]

I recall Harry praising you on here for your work with the NHS. His niece had a serious adverse reaction to a vaccine. Can't you at least show some compassion for that please? I know the guy personally. He's a top bloke. He wasn't banned from here either. He asked to have his profile removed.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Anti-vaxxers on 10:06 - Aug 4 with 3635 viewsghostofescobar

One thing that gets me with the Covid sceptical/Anti vax brigade is how many of them have got vaccinated! We had a friend round at the weekend: "I think SAGE has blown it out of proportion", "No-one knows what the vax will do to us long term" etc etc........but had both jabs a while ago!

GhostOfEscobar

Anti-vaxxers on 10:49 - Aug 4 with 3506 viewsitfc48

Anti-vaxxers on 09:55 - Aug 4 by midastouch

I recall Harry praising you on here for your work with the NHS. His niece had a serious adverse reaction to a vaccine. Can't you at least show some compassion for that please? I know the guy personally. He's a top bloke. He wasn't banned from here either. He asked to have his profile removed.

Totally agree with you. If someone close to me had a serious adverse reaction I'd be wary, to say the least - it's human nature.

I think both sides of the argument are on occasions short-sighted. People might call 'low-risk young people selfish for not having the vaccine however might they see it as selfish to expect them to put something in their body that might have an adverse effect on them? I'm aware the chances are low but there is still a chance. You can bring other vaccines into the argument however the fact is they are far more at risk from Meningitis than Covid.

I'm not anti-vaccines I'm just trying to see it from different people's viewpoints to understand their decisions a bit more.
Anti-vaxxers on 10:59 - Aug 4 with 3459 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anti-vaxxers on 09:55 - Aug 4 by midastouch

I’ve also met him a couple of times in real life and he is a good guy.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Anti-vaxxers on 11:07 - Aug 4 with 3422 viewsmidastouch

Anti-vaxxers on 10:59 - Aug 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve also met him a couple of times in real life and he is a good guy.

And I'm sure Bluebadger is too. :-)
I reckon they would actually get on well if they met in real life.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Anti-vaxxers on 11:19 - Aug 4 with 3350 viewstextbackup

My mate gave me a big talk on how a Dr from a forum he posts on told him not to have it, because of long term issues that he’s aware of

Asked him how he knew he was a Dr

Reply ‘his name was Dr smith* as his posting name’

*might not have been Smith, just used it as unable to remember real name he said

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anti-vaxxers on 11:56 - Aug 4 with 3234 viewsMeadowlark

Anti-vaxxers on 10:49 - Aug 4 by itfc48

Totally agree with you. If someone close to me had a serious adverse reaction I'd be wary, to say the least - it's human nature.

I think both sides of the argument are on occasions short-sighted. People might call 'low-risk young people selfish for not having the vaccine however might they see it as selfish to expect them to put something in their body that might have an adverse effect on them? I'm aware the chances are low but there is still a chance. You can bring other vaccines into the argument however the fact is they are far more at risk from Meningitis than Covid.

I'm not anti-vaccines I'm just trying to see it from different people's viewpoints to understand their decisions a bit more.

".... .. the fact is they are far more at risk from Meningitis than Covid."

Is this a fact?
Anti-vaxxers on 12:25 - Aug 4 with 3160 viewsitfc48

Anti-vaxxers on 11:56 - Aug 4 by Meadowlark

".... .. the fact is they are far more at risk from Meningitis than Covid."

Is this a fact?

If it's bacterial meningitis then yes, it is a fact.
Anti-vaxxers on 12:42 - Aug 4 with 3090 viewsEwan_Oozami

Anti-vaxxers on 10:49 - Aug 4 by itfc48

There are vaccinations available for bacterial meningitis available for young people as well....

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/meningitis/vaccination/

Young people in the UK are very used to having vaccinations from an early age, not sure why the Covid one should be any different as far as the vast majority are concerned?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024