Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid booster.. 14:38 - Oct 22 with 1070 viewstractor_lady

So the Government suggest there isn’t an issue getting the booster.. I disagree. My mum is housebound been waiting a month for GP home visit, I’m told they are waiting for boosters to arrive in surgery. I got my reminder to book booster email, went on line - said I wasn’t valid… after 2 weeks of trying I booked in as a care worker (which I am not) as it was the only way I could get my now overdue booster…. So I would disagree quite strongly….
Covid booster.. on 14:43 - Oct 22 with 1019 viewsZXBlue

I have been told from a good source that there is a logistics issue. Can't get supplies to where they are needed.

Son still waiting for his , despite Javid trying to suggest that the problem is people not taking them up, rather than supply.
Covid booster.. on 14:54 - Oct 22 with 981 viewsBasuco

I managed to book mine after repeatedly looking for a slot, on a link sent by my GP surgery, it seems to be pot luck that you check at the right time, I had to check loads of times before finding one.
My old fella.... on 15:44 - Oct 22 with 933 viewsBloots

....got his invite and had his jab two days later.

Same for my in-laws.

I suspect any issues are localised and due to numerous different reasons.

Just like the initial rollout.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Covid booster.. on 15:56 - Oct 22 with 886 viewspositivity

Covid booster.. on 14:43 - Oct 22 by ZXBlue

I have been told from a good source that there is a logistics issue. Can't get supplies to where they are needed.

Son still waiting for his , despite Javid trying to suggest that the problem is people not taking them up, rather than supply.

logistics and manpower is the problem as is becoming increasingly true in this post-brexit world.

the doctors are very stretched already, then being told they have to do more face to face sessions and then organising and completing the covid jabs on top of that.

needs a lot more central organisation, but that's not something this government do well!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Covid booster.. on 18:25 - Oct 22 with 820 viewswkj

From what we're discovering, it is a bit of a postcode lottery. Some seem to be getting them rather rapidly, where as neighbouring postcodes are going through similar to yourself.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

My old fella.... on 19:43 - Oct 22 with 755 viewsWD19

My old fella.... on 15:44 - Oct 22 by Bloots

....got his invite and had his jab two days later.

Same for my in-laws.

I suspect any issues are localised and due to numerous different reasons.

Just like the initial rollout.

Certainly sounds like a localised jab that you had.

I had mine in my arms.
Covid booster.. on 20:38 - Oct 22 with 682 viewsronnyd

Got my booster yesterday afternoon. Just biked up to the vac centre in Bury St Eds, waited in a very short queue. All in all took about 40 mins including the 15 minute wait after the jab itself. I reckon if you're able bodied getting it done is straight forward, but if you're dependent on other people, as you're Mum is, it then seems to make it much more difficult. Hope your Mum gets sorted soon.
Covid booster.. on 20:47 - Oct 22 with 667 viewsbluebudgie

No problems getting mine
Login to get fewer ads

Covid booster.. on 21:19 - Oct 22 with 628 viewsbournemouthblue

Covid booster.. on 18:25 - Oct 22 by wkj

From what we're discovering, it is a bit of a postcode lottery. Some seem to be getting them rather rapidly, where as neighbouring postcodes are going through similar to yourself.

I've no doubt Suffolk will be towards the bottom of the queue sadly

We were fairly behind the rest of the country on the first round of jabs as an example

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Covid booster.. on 22:57 - Oct 22 with 527 viewsCotty

Covid booster.. on 14:43 - Oct 22 by ZXBlue

He’s a pathological liar.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024