Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steam Heads of TWTD 18:10 - Oct 27 with 1406 viewswkj

https://www.my5.tv/show/inside-the-steam-train-museum/season-1/inside-the-steam-

A lovely hidden gem that, in parts, visits our lovely friends at Bressingham.

Supplementary steam.

[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 18:14]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Steam Heads of TWTD on 18:16 - Oct 27 with 1373 viewsfooters

Lovely stuff, thanks for sharing, me old fruit!

I had a hog roast with crackling and apple sauce on Sunday. Just thought I'd mention that as we're talking steam fairs and the like.

9/10 - superb.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Steam Heads of TWTD on 18:26 - Oct 27 with 1347 viewsGuthrum

Loved visiting Bressingham as a child.

Also, they do very good duck.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Steam Heads of TWTD on 23:11 - Oct 27 with 1256 viewsnedpears

The Flying Scotsman is travelling the Settle to Carlisle line tomorrow morning, going to try and get over to Ribblehead if it's not too packed out.
Steam Heads of TWTD on 23:15 - Oct 27 with 1252 viewswkj

Steam Heads of TWTD on 23:11 - Oct 27 by nedpears

The Flying Scotsman is travelling the Settle to Carlisle line tomorrow morning, going to try and get over to Ribblehead if it's not too packed out.

if only i wasn't at the 9 to 5 tomorrow, that sounds like a great day out.

Steam Heads of TWTD on 01:46 - Oct 28 with 1227 viewsnedpears

Steam Heads of TWTD on 23:15 - Oct 27 by wkj

if only i wasn't at the 9 to 5 tomorrow, that sounds like a great day out.

A reet grand day oooot, as they would say round these parts. If I can get my timings correct then i will post some pictures later 😊
Steam Heads of TWTD on 05:32 - Oct 28 with 1201 viewswkj

Steam Heads of TWTD on 01:46 - Oct 28 by nedpears

A reet grand day oooot, as they would say round these parts. If I can get my timings correct then i will post some pictures later 😊

Please do! I was supposed to do a big camping trip this year to check out some of the UK's finest spots, but my car wasn't delivered in time to do it, so a little bit of virtual sightseeing sounds fantastic.

Steam Heads of TWTD on 06:56 - Oct 28 with 1182 viewssolomon

Steam Heads of TWTD on 18:26 - Oct 27 by Guthrum

Loved visiting Bressingham as a child.

Also, they do very good duck.

Me too, the smell the noise, it’s taking me back just thinking about it. Who knows maybe in the future there will be a petrol museum where they bring out old cars........maybe they’ll do it there too?
Steam Heads of TWTD on 07:00 - Oct 28 with 1179 viewsnedpears

Steam Heads of TWTD on 05:32 - Oct 28 by wkj

Please do! I was supposed to do a big camping trip this year to check out some of the UK's finest spots, but my car wasn't delivered in time to do it, so a little bit of virtual sightseeing sounds fantastic.

Ah yes, I remember now about your trip in the elecric car, sorry delivery has been delayed and hopefully it turns up soon. I am a daily reader but only post once in a blue moon!

Weather forecast is wet, so hopefully will get some nice moody shots...
Login to get fewer ads

Steam Heads of TWTD on 08:55 - Oct 28 with 1152 viewswkj

Steam Heads of TWTD on 07:00 - Oct 28 by nedpears

Ah yes, I remember now about your trip in the elecric car, sorry delivery has been delayed and hopefully it turns up soon. I am a daily reader but only post once in a blue moon!

Weather forecast is wet, so hopefully will get some nice moody shots...

Fog on the hills and a nice wood fire seems like the dream, might have to do a cottage stay for a night in November

Steam Heads of TWTD on 09:41 - Oct 28 with 1141 viewsEdwardStone

Steam Heads of TWTD on 23:11 - Oct 27 by nedpears

I worked on a job where the plumber was a steam affecionado, he would travel huge distances to watch and photograph a steam train. He was also a volunteer on our local steam railway.

His favourite trip was to the Glenfinnan Viaduct right up near Skye. There was "The Shot" that him and all the other train fans wanted ....all this was organised months in advance

Apparently there is this huge bare hillside overlooking the viaduct, literally enough space for 1 acre per person, but all the photographers would set up their tripods in this tiny area, crushed together like penguins in Antarctica and elbowing, pushing and kicking away another persons tripod as the steam train approached

It used to get quite tasty, fisticuffs, blows exchanged and hideously expensive photography kit hurled.

All for the "perfect" shot, just the right amount of sun to get the glint on the paintwork, just the right amount of breeze to carry the smoke along the length of the train, perfect angle of the train on the curved viaduct

My suggestion that, if you really wanted such a picture, you could nip down the charity shop and buy a jigsaw of a train for a quid was not received well
Steam Heads of TWTD on 21:29 - Oct 28 with 1073 viewsnedpears

Steam Heads of TWTD on 09:41 - Oct 28 by EdwardStone

I worked on a job where the plumber was a steam affecionado, he would travel huge distances to watch and photograph a steam train. He was also a volunteer on our local steam railway.

His favourite trip was to the Glenfinnan Viaduct right up near Skye. There was "The Shot" that him and all the other train fans wanted ....all this was organised months in advance

Apparently there is this huge bare hillside overlooking the viaduct, literally enough space for 1 acre per person, but all the photographers would set up their tripods in this tiny area, crushed together like penguins in Antarctica and elbowing, pushing and kicking away another persons tripod as the steam train approached

It used to get quite tasty, fisticuffs, blows exchanged and hideously expensive photography kit hurled.

All for the "perfect" shot, just the right amount of sun to get the glint on the paintwork, just the right amount of breeze to carry the smoke along the length of the train, perfect angle of the train on the curved viaduct

My suggestion that, if you really wanted such a picture, you could nip down the charity shop and buy a jigsaw of a train for a quid was not received well

It was a bit of an anticlimax as the Scotsman never left York. The air brakes would not release so the service was pulled by a diesel engine up to Carlisle, however was not aware of this before setting off and there was no reception up there.

On the way back it was under steam being pulled by Tornado, which is a modern engine. Couldn't get back over to Ribblehead but watched it come through Long Preston at a fair pace!

(got that to embed in the end!)
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 21:59]
Steam Heads of TWTD on 08:07 - Oct 29 with 977 viewsnedpears

Steam Heads of TWTD on 21:29 - Oct 28 by nedpears

It was a bit of an anticlimax as the Scotsman never left York. The air brakes would not release so the service was pulled by a diesel engine up to Carlisle, however was not aware of this before setting off and there was no reception up there.

On the way back it was under steam being pulled by Tornado, which is a modern engine. Couldn't get back over to Ribblehead but watched it come through Long Preston at a fair pace!

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/heritage-and-retro/heritage/flying-scotsman-brea
Steam Heads of TWTD on 08:09 - Oct 29 with 976 viewswkj

Steam Heads of TWTD on 08:07 - Oct 29 by nedpears

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/heritage-and-retro/heritage/flying-scotsman-brea

Those are some cracking shots, I am very much looking forward to finding a cottage for a winter/spring getaway to lap up some of this scenery - and maybe an engine or two

Steam Heads of TWTD on 08:20 - Oct 29 with 964 viewsnedpears

Steam Heads of TWTD on 08:09 - Oct 29 by wkj

Those are some cracking shots, I am very much looking forward to finding a cottage for a winter/spring getaway to lap up some of this scenery - and maybe an engine or two

The weather was perfect for some lovely moody pictures, just a shame the Scotsman was not on show!

This is a good place for dates, locations and timings for the heritage trips:

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/
Steam Heads of TWTD on 11:12 - Oct 29 with 938 viewssolemio

Steam Heads of TWTD on 21:29 - Oct 28 by nedpears

Tornado is indeed a new build. It is also almost identical to Class A1 Pacifics introduced in the few years immediately after WWII to a design by the LNER's last CME, AH Peppercorn (great name) .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024