Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Didn't go last night; just watched 10mins highlights; some great play.. 09:47 - Nov 10 with 1566 viewsunstableblue

...and we carved out 5 extremely good chances with some excellent build up play, with some very attractive football

Col U had very little it seems, bar Hdalky errors

Great penalties from Aluko, Celina and Chaplin

63% and 19 shots, 7 on target (as stated 5 of those on target perhaps should have been goals), 9 corners

I see some criticism of Cook for his relatively positive view of the game (he's normally spot-on/honest about how Ipswich have played).

EADT stated 'some decent stuff in there at times, but a fair bit of a rust' (you could see that with Piggot, who actually did well with the ball at his feet, just a bit more sharpness needed on finishing)

Phil stated: 'Town had more than enough chances to go through in the 90 minutes but failed to take chances with the final ball lacking on so many occasions.'

Yet the hive mind are stating 'dreadful performances', cook miles off with his 'excellent' view of the game, 'A boring game for boring competition. Some of our players looked a shadow of themselves tonight'

SO, for some that actually went, how was it and how were we? seems perhaps the lack of motivation and energy in the cup came back again. Must bring the energy to the Oxford game.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Didn't go last night; just watched 10mins highlights; some great play.. on 13:45 - Nov 10 with 153 viewsDavoIPB

Didn't go last night; just watched 10mins highlights; some great play.. on 11:28 - Nov 10 by itfcjoe

I thought it was quite a dull game, Col U very disciplined, organised and solid -and we didn't do enough to work the opportunities.

Pace of game felt a bit slow, and too many opportunities to put a decent ball in or have a poke at goal were turned down which lead to things breaking down.

Watching the 2 minutes highlights back makes me wonder if I am misremembering the game, but it wasn't very exciting and only really Aluko made any real case to start at the weekend

First half a bit dull I agree but second wasn't. Ipswich controlled the game, had lots of possession and created a lot of chances. Their Keeper pulled off some really good saves and is better than most keepers we have faced in league 1.
Didn't go last night; just watched 10mins highlights; some great play.. on 13:54 - Nov 10 with 150 viewsSharkey

Didn't go last night; just watched 10mins highlights; some great play.. on 10:36 - Nov 10 by wkj

I had singled out Wiredu as one to watch before the game. Staggering that Col U are doing so bad in the league as they have some solid players.

He’s very good at breaking up play. Unfortunately, at the moment he’s hopeless in front of goal, and about half the chances seem to fall to him. Hopefully he’ll learn not to panic. Last night I thought Tchamadeu, the right back who looks a bit like Gladstone Small, was more noticeable , as he seemed to be able to surge forward at pace with the ball. Chilvers was also good , always wanting the ball, even if he chickens out of some tackles.

All very amicable, the whole game , and generally easy to referee . It seems though that nowadays it’s the players who decide how long the drinks breaks should be, not the ref. At one point in the first half, with ref looking a bit pissed off, I thought ‘if he blows his whistle now, Colchester will surely score as they have five players on the pitch to Ipswich’s three.’
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024