Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich's main 2 candidates 14:14 - Nov 12 with 6413 viewsHipsterectomy

Dean Smith and Lampard are apparently not convinced by joining them according to Sky and now the Pinkun. Did they seriously not have a person lined up ready to take over?

Even Town had Roy Keane in within a few days of sacking Magilton

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 11:50 - Nov 13 with 893 viewsN2_Blue

Unfortunately for everyone's glee about them struggling to appoint a manager, Dean Smith would be a very good appointment and now looks done.

Crazy Villa sacked him, they sold their best player and have so many injuries that led to a run of bad form but villa are still a very good side and he is a very good manager. Thy went way to early in getting rid and will regret sacking him and don't think Norwich could have appointed better.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 12:01 - Nov 13 with 871 viewsWeWereZombies

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 10:31 - Nov 13 by ArnieM

Do you know, I honestly wouldn’t put it past them lol

Maybe not but every forward in the Premier League would...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 12:15 - Nov 13 with 849 viewspointofblue

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 11:22 - Nov 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Lampard will only go for a job where there is money. Has shown it already and fits with his uncle's philosophy.

Not really true; he couldn’t spend a penny during his first year at Chelsea. He was a bit like Magilton - good without financial pressures but struggled when he was able to splash out.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 13:28 - Nov 13 with 777 viewstimothyeo

Be surprised if Smith took the job. Annoyed if he does really.

He couldn't have been first choice initially- he was still at Villa! I guess maybe he could have become their first choice once he became available. It appears Lampard never went beyond preliminary talks

They're 5 points adrift with a bad GD so would take some turnaround although they've got a decent set of fixtures upcoming.
Norwich's main 2 candidates on 16:29 - Nov 13 with 671 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 11:50 - Nov 13 by N2_Blue

Unfortunately for everyone's glee about them struggling to appoint a manager, Dean Smith would be a very good appointment and now looks done.

Crazy Villa sacked him, they sold their best player and have so many injuries that led to a run of bad form but villa are still a very good side and he is a very good manager. Thy went way to early in getting rid and will regret sacking him and don't think Norwich could have appointed better.

I 100% on all you have said here. I have liked Smith even from his Brentford days, but can see this ending very soon. I think norwich should appoint an old manger they had, steep forward PL.
Norwich's main 2 candidates on 16:35 - Nov 13 with 653 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 12:15 - Nov 13 by pointofblue

Not really true; he couldn’t spend a penny during his first year at Chelsea. He was a bit like Magilton - good without financial pressures but struggled when he was able to splash out.

Yes, I forgot he had the transfer embargo when he joined them. However, he was never going to turn down the opportunity to manage Chelsea. Would be like you or me turning down the offer to manage Town.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 17:52 - Nov 13 with 573 viewsbournemouthblue

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 10:09 - Nov 13 by NthQldITFC

Seems like Smith is a done deal now; Norwich fans seem to be very excited at the prospect, unless I'm reading the room wrong!

It's a strange scenario in football at least to be sacked at one club and move onto another one virtually industry

Are there any examples of this happening elsewhere, I can't think of many?

It's almost like Nodge were tipped off Smith was available and chose to sack Farke?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 17:59 - Nov 13 with 565 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 17:52 - Nov 13 by bournemouthblue

It's a strange scenario in football at least to be sacked at one club and move onto another one virtually industry

Are there any examples of this happening elsewhere, I can't think of many?

It's almost like Nodge were tipped off Smith was available and chose to sack Farke?

I think Norwich had someone else they thought was lined up and then changed (either because they withdrew or they then saw someone they decided was better available). Evidence would seem to suggest they thought they had Lampard but he then asked for things they weren't prepared to offer.

As for the strange scenario. These managers are never really sacked. They have their contracts terminated by mutual consent. Either there are clauses in the contract that allow for early release with reduced compensation or the manager will receive most or all of the value of the rest of their contract. This is why longer contracts are rare. It is therefore not really comparable with sacking in other industries because they will be due to some form of misconduct. Most industries do not require a new employer to pay compensation to your current employer should you decide to move on while still in contract either. You simply have to give notice and work it out.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024