Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How did Clements do? 17:13 - Nov 13 with 979 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sounded fine on the radio - nothing wrong and the odd good bit going forward.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How did Clements do? on 17:15 - Nov 13 with 953 viewsArnieM

He looked like a stalwart in that left bank role . So much do that I’d not be looking for another one in Jan window ( unless we send Coulson back for all the use he is to the squad atm)…. I’d even consider keeping Clements in the team for next league game . He looked very accomplished IMO

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

How did Clements do? on 17:16 - Nov 13 with 942 viewsScottCandage

I was very impressed.
How did Clements do? on 17:16 - Nov 13 with 933 viewschrismakin

hreidarsson...

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

How did Clements do? on 17:17 - Nov 13 with 931 viewsSwansea_Blue

Very good game defensively and going forward. The only criticism I've got os that he could have won it for us when on the angle, but decided to square the ball instead when nobody was there for the tap in. The best option was to get a shot off 8-9 yards out with only the keeper to beat. That's a confidence thing from a young player though, so I can understand it. Yet he could have been the hero - fortune favours the brave and all that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How did Clements do? on 17:17 - Nov 13 with 909 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

How did Clements do? on 17:15 - Nov 13 by ArnieM

He looked like a stalwart in that left bank role . So much do that I’d not be looking for another one in Jan window ( unless we send Coulson back for all the use he is to the squad atm)…. I’d even consider keeping Clements in the team for next league game . He looked very accomplished IMO

Should keep the shirt for next match for sure.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

How did Clements do? on 17:19 - Nov 13 with 880 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How did Clements do? on 17:17 - Nov 13 by Swansea_Blue

Very good game defensively and going forward. The only criticism I've got os that he could have won it for us when on the angle, but decided to square the ball instead when nobody was there for the tap in. The best option was to get a shot off 8-9 yards out with only the keeper to beat. That's a confidence thing from a young player though, so I can understand it. Yet he could have been the hero - fortune favours the brave and all that.

I wonder whether failing to square it last match when he shot wide played into that decision. Hopefully that side of his game will come on quickly.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How did Clements do? on 17:20 - Nov 13 with 863 viewsSwansea_Blue

How did Clements do? on 17:15 - Nov 13 by ArnieM

I thought his last sub appearance did him on harm and put him in the window for a decent loan, thinking he was way off the first team. I'll happily admit I was wrong - he could easily do a job at LB for the rest of the season. Although Coulson does give us a little bit more there.

Clements is a cracking prospect though. I'd rate him as our best prospect based on the last couple of games. He's been far more involved and influential than players like Dobra have ever been.

How did Clements do? on 17:23 - Nov 13 with 826 viewsKeaneish

Defensively resolute. Not as great in tight spaces as Penney or Coulson and doesn’t have the cutting thrust when going forward they do. Gets himself in excellent positions around the box though. Very solid I thought. He could well have had a goal and an assist in his two appearances this week.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

How did Clements do? on 17:27 - Nov 13 with 791 viewsSwansea_Blue

How did Clements do? on 17:19 - Nov 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

I wonder whether failing to square it last match when he shot wide played into that decision. Hopefully that side of his game will come on quickly.

Possibly. I'm in agreement with Keanish below (above?). The others offer the benefit of experience, which comes with a bit more composure and better decisions. Yet Clements has that youthful fearlessness and energy. Either can make a difference and help win a game.

He did great for his first start. We certainly don't have to worry about numbers and cover on that side nowl

How did Clements do? on 17:55 - Nov 13 with 676 viewsbilllm

Soliddddddd
How did Clements do? on 18:07 - Nov 13 with 639 viewsMullet

He can be proud of that debut. He’s certainly leapfrogged Kenlock. I think any mistakes he did make apart from the booking, Edmundson was on hand for. If he didn’t have such a good game the whole defence would have struggled.

Having edwards ahead of him seemed to help both players out too. Oxford didn’t know if the overlap was a dummy or not so it freed up more for us in the middle.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How did Clements do? on 18:12 - Nov 13 with 608 viewsmonty_radio

I think, having seen a good bit of him at the lower levels that as well as being tight defensively, while perhaps lacking a bit of pace, today he had a really good debut without really being able to demonstrate the ability which he has, like Cresswell, to deliver a very telling pass or cross.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024