Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tide is turning 22:33 - Nov 23 with 4574 viewschrismakin

Clear as day on here tonight and social media alot of supporters have come away feeling extremely let down.

This pack PR campaign could be an awful event. And ruin 4 months of preparation.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Tide is turning on 08:21 - Nov 24 with 702 viewsNeedhamChris

Tide is turning on 07:36 - Nov 24 by textbackup

na, fck them.

lastnight was utter sht, but stuff like that is fcking pathetic

I didn't join in but to be honest I don't begrudge them.

I think there are far more pressing concerns to focus your expletives on than the North Stand who by and large have put up with years of disappointment now with far more patience than you'd get almost anywhere else.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Tide is turning on 08:33 - Nov 24 with 661 viewstimothyeo

Tide is turning on 08:06 - Nov 24 by textbackup

sarcastic bo11ocks i have a problem with, because the players just think you're a cnt

passion and anger is a different story, i can get onboard with that

Gotcha. Yeah, I'm kind of with you on that.
Tide is turning on 08:44 - Nov 24 with 643 viewsjayessess

Tide is turning on 08:06 - Nov 24 by textbackup

sarcastic bo11ocks i have a problem with, because the players just think you're a cnt

passion and anger is a different story, i can get onboard with that

Agreed.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Tide is turning on 08:56 - Nov 24 with 623 viewsWD19

Tide is turning on 22:40 - Nov 23 by FightingEssex

Well you can't say we didn't get the warning signs last season when he threw an alright squad under the bus, a side that even Gill could get the easy wins out of, and turned it into a dark, depressing, game over atmosphere about 2 games in to his run and it's a cloud that's not really left us since despite signing all his players and putting all his mates into coaching positions. I think the cats out of the bag now.

Evans jumped the gun too early on Lambert, largely due to negative press, which was weird given he was clearly planning to do one anyway, it makes you think all this stuff was last minute and chaotic much like his entire tenure here. He could have allowed Gamechanger to deal with Lambert, which makes me believe Cook wasn't entirely an Evans appointment and maybe Ashton had some involvement, be it very secretly, in the whole thing. Something about the handover doesn't make sense or feel right to me, I can't be the only one thinking what was the plan from Evans or Gamechanger there?

"Evans jumped the gun too early on Lambert" is perhaps the worst take I have ever read on here ever. Although I do agree that the whole episode was not ideal for Cook who seemed to be quite discombobulated by it all.

I have had a creeping sense for a while that part of the reason he has such a makeshift backroom team is that one way or another he is not 100% confident he will be here very long. It risks becoming self fulfilling.
Tide is turning on 01:35 - Nov 25 with 549 viewsBlueBadger

Tide is turning on 22:40 - Nov 23 by FightingEssex

Well you can't say we didn't get the warning signs last season when he threw an alright squad under the bus, a side that even Gill could get the easy wins out of, and turned it into a dark, depressing, game over atmosphere about 2 games in to his run and it's a cloud that's not really left us since despite signing all his players and putting all his mates into coaching positions. I think the cats out of the bag now.

Evans jumped the gun too early on Lambert, largely due to negative press, which was weird given he was clearly planning to do one anyway, it makes you think all this stuff was last minute and chaotic much like his entire tenure here. He could have allowed Gamechanger to deal with Lambert, which makes me believe Cook wasn't entirely an Evans appointment and maybe Ashton had some involvement, be it very secretly, in the whole thing. Something about the handover doesn't make sense or feel right to me, I can't be the only one thinking what was the plan from Evans or Gamechanger there?

You were doing alright until you claimed Lambert was sacked too soon. That fraud should have been gone the second he relegated us.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tide is turning on 05:47 - Nov 25 with 516 viewsKeaneish

Tide is turning on 23:09 - Nov 23 by rgp1

Its clearly obvious Cook is out of his depth. Interestingly how many managers in the past have done well with fcuk all then being given money they are worse? I think most posters have summed it up that Cooks inability to change will cost him in the end.

“Out of his depth” - now, we’re all disappointed, angry and frustrated with the last two results and the Rotherham performance but talk me through this ridiculous statement and then try to back it up with some evidence before you fall into the classic football fan trap of generalising a whole career through the lens of a single match!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Tide is turning on 06:50 - Nov 25 with 491 viewsReuser_is_God

Tide is turning on 07:27 - Nov 24 by chrismakin

Fair play to them. Pay to sit and freeze whilst having to watch that.

Absolute bollox.

Anyone giving it “we had a shot” nonsense is a massive cnt.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 6:54]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Tide is turning on 07:05 - Nov 25 with 483 viewsBobbychase

"On here and social media"

Two good reasons to take most of it with a pinch of salt.

Four months of preparation? I must have missed the memo that everything up until this point was some sort of rehearsal.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Login to get fewer ads

Tide is turning on 07:51 - Nov 25 with 461 viewsmikeybloo88

Tide is turning on 05:47 - Nov 25 by Keaneish

“Out of his depth” - now, we’re all disappointed, angry and frustrated with the last two results and the Rotherham performance but talk me through this ridiculous statement and then try to back it up with some evidence before you fall into the classic football fan trap of generalising a whole career through the lens of a single match!

Only the last two results? I must have dreamt that many of the other games this season (and last) have been frustrating then...
Tide is turning on 08:26 - Nov 25 with 438 viewschrismakin

Tide is turning on 07:05 - Nov 25 by Bobbychase

"On here and social media"

Two good reasons to take most of it with a pinch of salt.

Four months of preparation? I must have missed the memo that everything up until this point was some sort of rehearsal.

"Two good reasons to take most of it with a pinch of salt."

I wouldn't say so, generally you had a small minority of people not happy with things overall but when you start seeing that number increase then it is indeed a turning tide.

People also commenting on the crowd sarcastically cheering a shot on target etc... All little movements that shows a beginning of further frustrations and what easily could be the beginning of another managers last few months if things don't improve as it needs to.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 8:27]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Tide is turning on 08:51 - Nov 25 with 410 viewsOldboy

Tide is turning on 08:26 - Nov 25 by chrismakin

I wouldn't say so, generally you had a small minority of people not happy with things overall but when you start seeing that number increase then it is indeed a turning tide.

People also commenting on the crowd sarcastically cheering a shot on target etc... All little movements that shows a beginning of further frustrations and what easily could be the beginning of another managers last few months if things don't improve as it needs to.

I was just thinking.
Are Bananas overrated?
I probably have a bunch (5 or 6) a week.
We are the biggest eaters of them in the world.
Overrated?
Tide is turning on 08:53 - Nov 25 with 407 viewsblueboyd

Tide is turning on 23:36 - Nov 23 by ITFC_Forever

You lost me at jumped the gun too early on Lambert.

Of all our disasters in the last 15 years or so, he outstayed his tenure by far the longest. Giving him that new 5 year deal on the first day of the decade was probably ME’s biggest abomination of all.

you can't blame Lambert for being given a 5 year contract!
Tide is turning on 08:53 - Nov 25 with 407 viewschrismakin

Tide is turning on 08:51 - Nov 25 by Oldboy

I was just thinking.
Are Bananas overrated?
I probably have a bunch (5 or 6) a week.
We are the biggest eaters of them in the world.
Overrated?

OOO good question.

They are a bit of nothing really, but defo beats an apple imo

Tide is turning on 09:11 - Nov 25 with 375 viewsOldboy

Tide is turning on 08:53 - Nov 25 by chrismakin

OOO good question.

They are a bit of nothing really, but defo beats an apple imo

I was surprised to read that the British are the biggest consumers of the humble banana in the whole world.
I like the odd one, but not a huge fan. Most fruits are good for you, so wondering what makes the banana so popular.
Tide is turning on 09:12 - Nov 25 with 373 viewsBobbychase

Tide is turning on 08:26 - Nov 25 by chrismakin

I genuinely still think it's a minority.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Tide is turning on 09:35 - Nov 25 with 348 viewsOldboy

Tide is turning on 09:12 - Nov 25 by Bobbychase

I genuinely still think it's a minority.

Sorry to disagree, but I definitely read it somewhere.
Do you eat them?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024