Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why does it always happen to us... 09:43 - Dec 17 with 6778 viewschrismakin

Alot was said at the time of appointing M/A about the Rolls appointment and again if the Athletic is correct which you'd have to assume for for them to print... are the BC fans spot on and are we just going to have problems no matter who managers us.

Maybe this is the Norwood 'Hands are tied meaning.

I do wonder if the Amercians have a plan B if it appears like the Ashton train is just continue on its negative journey.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:27 - Dec 17 with 1135 viewsSteve_M

Are you pro- or anti-Cook today?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:28 - Dec 17 with 1121 viewsMetal_Hacker

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:27 - Dec 17 by Steve_M

Are you pro- or anti-Cook today?

Which direction is the wind going in ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:34 - Dec 17 with 1091 viewsJ2BLUE

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:22 - Dec 17 by Metal_Hacker

The best thing Phil could do is ban that BCFC poster before it creates an even bigger divide

Agree, I said that when he first popped up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:36 - Dec 17 with 1092 viewswrightsrightglove

So incredibly bored of the anti-Ashton rhetoric. All based off of some fans from a former club spouting off. What’s the guy done wrong at ipswich? Brought in a seemingly good calibre of player who everyone was buzzing about, brought in a professional background team in various areas of the club, made small stadium and match day improvements, putting things in place for the longer term. Do you really think that knowledgeable, football experienced people at the top of our club are just letting him do whatever he wants? Sacking managers without their full backing? Hiring managers without their full backing?

Of course PC was going to be unhappy about his sacking, and quite possibly unhappy about the change to the set up he would be working in after the change in ownership, but MA can’t be blamed for trying to drag the club into the 21st century and if PC wasn’t happy about it then it was right for him to go.
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:40 - Dec 17 with 1056 viewsPinewoodblue

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:36 - Dec 17 by wrightsrightglove

So incredibly bored of the anti-Ashton rhetoric. All based off of some fans from a former club spouting off. What’s the guy done wrong at ipswich? Brought in a seemingly good calibre of player who everyone was buzzing about, brought in a professional background team in various areas of the club, made small stadium and match day improvements, putting things in place for the longer term. Do you really think that knowledgeable, football experienced people at the top of our club are just letting him do whatever he wants? Sacking managers without their full backing? Hiring managers without their full backing?

Of course PC was going to be unhappy about his sacking, and quite possibly unhappy about the change to the set up he would be working in after the change in ownership, but MA can’t be blamed for trying to drag the club into the 21st century and if PC wasn’t happy about it then it was right for him to go.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:47 - Dec 17 with 1004 viewschrismakin

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:36 - Dec 17 by wrightsrightglove

So no actual thoughts on the Rolls situation then,

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:48 - Dec 17 with 1004 viewseireblue

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:01 - Dec 17 by chrismakin

Well it does matter if indeed it is correct

If its true. Then MK will have the same problems PC had. So we won't be any better off will we. I think it's relevant.

No 1 likes negativity, but when it's something of importance I think it's right it's discussed and to hope that if it is indeed true. Something is corrected for us to go forwards.

It is an issue a good manager can deal with.

You just set your expectations for fitness, agree that with the team, including Ashton, and measure it.

There is no reason to “clash” over something straightforward.

I loved that first paragraph “Ashton is running the show”…….

Well yes, we know, that’s his job.
Why does it always happen to us... on 10:50 - Dec 17 with 996 viewsRyorry

What a stupid headline the day after such an out-of-the-box, left field appointment for us.

As for the last line of your post, you seem more hellbent on a "negative journey" than anyone at the Club.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Login to get fewer ads

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:53 - Dec 17 with 981 viewsvanmunt

Give it a rest Chris.
Why does it always happen to us... on 10:57 - Dec 17 with 959 viewschrismakin

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:53 - Dec 17 by vanmunt

Give it a rest Chris.

Excellent reply, any further contribution of relevence, you know to the OP itself. Do you think it's a concern that Andy Rolls has come up so soon into his time at Town, after being something of concern at both Arsenal, Westham and Bristol...

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:57 - Dec 17 with 957 viewswrightsrightglove

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:47 - Dec 17 by chrismakin

So no actual thoughts on the Rolls situation then,

Sorry was your “why does it always happen to us” (which btw makes you sound like a petulant child) purely around bringing in Rolls? My post was about comments like “why does it always happen to us” and “ Ashton train is just continue on its negative journey.” What negative journey are you scared of continuing exactly?

I’m sure from me referring to MA bringing in a professional background team answers your question? Do you think we shouldn’t be bringing in an incredibly well qualified person as part of the background team?
Why does it always happen to us... on 10:59 - Dec 17 with 939 viewsArnieM

Chrismakin. We really don’t need this kind of post now. We are entering a new era ….let’s stop rocking the boat now eh!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:59 - Dec 17 with 947 viewsDyland

Ho ho ho merry Xmas ffs :)

I'm back on the Ashton bandwagon after this ridiculously left field appointment. No idea if it's a good one or not, but I would have been rather peeved if Cook had gone and A.N. Other 2nd/3rd division okay record bod brought in, or indeed some interim man no better than Cook. Cos we may as well have given Cook the season.

Real ruthlessness and ambition from the owners... we are so cynical cos we've been ground down by Evans' abject absence from club matters over the last few years... but I'm gonna give Ashton the benefit of the doubt. Let's not forget Cook was an Evans appointment, and fair play GC giving him a chance and amazing backing. It wasn't working though... and this change is quite mental really, in a fun way at least (for the time being)...

Need some patience... i.e. this season, even if we've fooked playoff chances.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Why does it always happen to us... on 11:02 - Dec 17 with 922 viewschrismakin

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:57 - Dec 17 by wrightsrightglove

Sorry was your “why does it always happen to us” (which btw makes you sound like a petulant child) purely around bringing in Rolls? My post was about comments like “why does it always happen to us” and “ Ashton train is just continue on its negative journey.” What negative journey are you scared of continuing exactly?

I’m sure from me referring to MA bringing in a professional background team answers your question? Do you think we shouldn’t be bringing in an incredibly well qualified person as part of the background team?

Oh no, such horror of title. Whilst being totally apt. It's been typcial Ipswich for many years. Something positive happens... followed by something not so positive. So yes, why does it always happen to us.

Absolutely a professional team is required. But it's fair to feel the concerns that Rolls has come again as being a problem, as he was at BC, Westham and Arsenal. So yes I think it's right to discuss and not follow blindly because Evans ran a shtshow.

And so far, it is a negative journey, last season ended badly, this seaoson is effectively over. What's next. I hope success. But the Rolls team situation concerns me.

Why does it always happen to us... on 11:05 - Dec 17 with 906 viewsStokieBlue

Why does it always happen to us... on 11:02 - Dec 17 by chrismakin

Oh no, such horror of title. Whilst being totally apt. It's been typcial Ipswich for many years. Something positive happens... followed by something not so positive. So yes, why does it always happen to us.

Absolutely a professional team is required. But it's fair to feel the concerns that Rolls has come again as being a problem, as he was at BC, Westham and Arsenal. So yes I think it's right to discuss and not follow blindly because Evans ran a shtshow.

And so far, it is a negative journey, last season ended badly, this seaoson is effectively over. What's next. I hope success. But the Rolls team situation concerns me.

You just aren't happy unless you think you've got the inside scoop.

Nobody cares what the Bristol City fans think, nobody cares about this Rolls stuff either. It's a new era and we really don't need you stomping around the board with negativity. People are trying to be positive and move forwards.

Look at the responses, basically nobody agrees with you.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Why does it always happen to us... on 11:06 - Dec 17 with 893 viewstimothyeo

I've been harsh on Makin before but I'm not sure what he's done wrong here.

It's pretty important context into where we are at as a club. Ashton has previous form, but that's only been going by disgruntled fans, which is hardly reliable. Although the amount of them suggests fans generally dislike the guy.

This bit of information isn't a huge deal but it's still entirely relevant to the future of our club.

Thankfully there's a very fair argument that Ashton taking more power and overruling Cook so to speak isn't necessarily a bad thing when we'd been underperforming under Cook since he first came in. Had Ashton done similar whilst we were top of the league, that would be far more concerning.
Why does it always happen to us... on 11:07 - Dec 17 with 887 viewsGavTWTD

Can we have at least one day of optimism please?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Why does it always happen to us... on 11:07 - Dec 17 with 886 viewspointofblue

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:22 - Dec 17 by Metal_Hacker

The best thing Phil could do is ban that BCFC poster before it creates an even bigger divide

No. We may not like to hear it but he’s not being abusive and he’s speaking about someone who has a role at our club. Many may not like to read it but that’s what the ignore option is for.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Why does it always happen to us... on 11:09 - Dec 17 with 863 viewschrismakin

Why does it always happen to us... on 11:05 - Dec 17 by StokieBlue

You just aren't happy unless you think you've got the inside scoop.

Nobody cares what the Bristol City fans think, nobody cares about this Rolls stuff either. It's a new era and we really don't need you stomping around the board with negativity. People are trying to be positive and move forwards.

Look at the responses, basically nobody agrees with you.

SB

There's nothing to agree with SB, there's no inside scoop, it's a press release by The Athletic. You once moaned about me being to positive, now you're moaning because i've shared something of relevence to the club to discuss.

Why does it always happen to us... on 11:10 - Dec 17 with 840 viewstimothyeo

Why does it always happen to us... on 11:07 - Dec 17 by pointofblue

No. We may not like to hear it but he’s not being abusive and he’s speaking about someone who has a role at our club. Many may not like to read it but that’s what the ignore option is for.

Agreed. If some want to bury their heads in the sand then that's fine, press ignore. Most of the same posters had no problem ignoring Lamberts and Cooks failures for way longer than they should have.

There shouldn't be some weird clamouring to silence anything that goes against "everything is great". People should be able to read different opinions and thoughts and come to their own conclusion.
Why does it always happen to us... on 11:10 - Dec 17 with 835 viewsPinewoodblue

Why does it always happen to us... on 11:07 - Dec 17 by GavTWTD

That’s a bit negative. Most of us want to be optimistic come 5pm tomorrow.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Why does it always happen to us... on 11:15 - Dec 17 with 803 viewsFixed_It

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:28 - Dec 17 by Metal_Hacker

Which direction is the wind going in ?

Not much breeze at all. Could go either way...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Why does it always happen to us... on 11:18 - Dec 17 with 782 viewswrightsrightglove

It’s strange that Rolls has been kept on by clubs like Arsenal, West Ham, Bristol and now brought in by us, MA must have a big influence in football to force those teams to take Rolls on and keep him employed? Or the people who run those clubs actually know what they’re doing and the fans get a tiny snapshot of what is going on within the club and some spout nonsense on the internet to make them feel special which gullible people gobble up?

This managerial appointment is the first true appointment of the new owners, MA didn’t make the decision on his own, and although everyone’s been disappointed with this season, everything the new owners have done has wildly been perceived as positive and forward thinking. Try to get on board rather then desperately clamouring for some negativity to cling to.
Why does it always happen to us... on 11:18 - Dec 17 with 781 viewschrismakin

Why does it always happen to us... on 11:07 - Dec 17 by GavTWTD

Absolutely and there's plenty of it around Gav. Shouldn't mean something relevent to the club isn't shared and discussed. Some people might not like it, but they can always choose not to read it.

Why does it always happen to us... on 11:19 - Dec 17 with 771 viewsEwan_Oozami

Not really sure what your point is - we now have a new management team who have been working with people like Rolls their whole career so know how to amend their approaches to games depending on detailed fitness/injury status numbers - and how to structure training sessions to get optimal outcomes - which is possibly something we've never had before - it's a profound culture shift, which if the players buy into should see great progress in the months ahead - if not, then new players will come in to replace them - and these will be players identified by their numbers, not just because they played for the manager 3 years ago.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024