Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid booster 02:08 - Jan 1 with 5101 viewsITFCMonk

Not just taking other peoples opinions or facts for granted, but just keen to find out how people actually feel about having a booster? I’ve been hesitant for a while now.

Edit / update

Sorry I know a few of you wanted me to follow up and engage with this. I ended up booking the booster (again). Think mainly on instinct and gut feel but feel a lot better for it now after posting.

I was just starting to get a bit concerned about too many vaccines or boosters having an adverse affect somehow. Guess it’s just the world we’re in with a lot of people different .
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 23:35]
Covid booster on 10:35 - Jan 1 with 2158 viewsStokieBlue

Why would you take two vaccine doses but not a third? The evidence has only got stronger that it's required and that is safe.

As it stands you have essentially zero protection from Omicron and waning immunity against older strains (although it's becoming less likely you'd get one of those).

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Covid booster on 10:42 - Jan 1 with 2146 viewsTractorWood

All rational thought leads to having it done asap.

Not having it done is like being covered in sewage and not having a shower because the warm water might hurt you.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Covid booster on 10:44 - Jan 1 with 2143 viewspointofblue

Covid booster on 10:15 - Jan 1 by BlueBadger

Anecdotally, Moderna appears to be one with the roughest side effects.

Certainly I had more of a reaction after the Moderna than the two Pfizer’s BUT that’s because I had nothing post Pfizer whilst, with the Moderna I had a sore arm, headache and tiredness which wore off after a day. So it wasn’t much of a reaction, really.

I know of others who were knocked more by it and wasn’t pleased when told I was getting Moderna but just relieved to have had it now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Covid booster on 10:57 - Jan 1 with 2118 viewsElderGrizzly

This is a good article debunking some of the things you may have read about the vaccines. Hope it helps

https://apple.news/AA--jBYicQr20zsvkeSMV5Q
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 10:57]
Covid booster on 13:27 - Jan 1 with 2021 viewsXYZ

I had the Moderna booster (AZ 1st 2) - zero side effects with Moderna.
Covid booster on 13:44 - Jan 1 with 2003 viewsJ2BLUE

It doesn't matter how we feel. It's how you feel. What is it you are concerned about?

For the record i've had 2x Pfizer and a Moderna booster. Would have a fourth without hesitation if needed. Only slight concern would be how much of the world hasn't received a single dose.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Covid booster on 13:57 - Jan 1 with 1991 viewsjas0999

Not a fan of vaccines personally. Rarely have the annual flu jab (as technically not eligible) … but I’ve had all three vaccines and the booster. Didn’t even think about it. It’s possibly the only way we will crack on with normal life. Already, it would appear anyone triple vaccinated will likely only get very minor illness if they get Covid - unlikely need hospital care.
Covid booster on 13:58 - Jan 1 with 1979 viewsJ2BLUE

Covid booster on 13:57 - Jan 1 by jas0999

Not a fan of vaccines personally. Rarely have the annual flu jab (as technically not eligible) … but I’ve had all three vaccines and the booster. Didn’t even think about it. It’s possibly the only way we will crack on with normal life. Already, it would appear anyone triple vaccinated will likely only get very minor illness if they get Covid - unlikely need hospital care.

Why aren't you a fan of vaccines?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Covid booster on 13:59 - Jan 1 with 1978 viewswkj

I had Moderna and can confirm - the side effects were horrible.

Were the side effects enough to make me not want it in hindsight? Absolutely not.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 14:00]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Covid booster on 14:01 - Jan 1 with 1969 viewsjas0999

Covid booster on 13:58 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

Why aren't you a fan of vaccines?

Normally gives me terrible side effects for some reason. Interestingly though, after feeling poorly after the first vaccine (flu symptoms) I felt lousy after the second and then not so much as an achy arm after the booster!
Covid booster on 14:29 - Jan 1 with 1937 viewsTrequartista

Covid booster on 10:35 - Jan 1 by StokieBlue

Why would you take two vaccine doses but not a third? The evidence has only got stronger that it's required and that is safe.

As it stands you have essentially zero protection from Omicron and waning immunity against older strains (although it's becoming less likely you'd get one of those).

SB

I think you still get protection against severe disease from 2 doses, just little or no protection from catching it. Someone was heavily piled on here (Bankster?) for suggesting the booster gives no protection after 11 weeks.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Covid booster on 15:23 - Jan 1 with 1908 viewsgiant_stow

My 82 year old mum had her booster in early December and caught covid a few weeks later. The good news is that she barely noticed it and only had a pcr because me and my bro tested positive after being in her company.

Hope that reassures you and ignore some of the more judgemental comments above.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Covid booster on 15:27 - Jan 1 with 1903 viewsBlueBoots

Covid booster on 14:29 - Jan 1 by Trequartista

I think you still get protection against severe disease from 2 doses, just little or no protection from catching it. Someone was heavily piled on here (Bankster?) for suggesting the booster gives no protection after 11 weeks.

According to this research / study, there is a drop in protection 10 weeks after a booster (from symptomatic disease, not severe disease / hospitalization, so definitely not "no protection")

https://www.popsci.com/science/booster-protection-against-omicron-drops/

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Covid booster on 15:45 - Jan 1 with 1870 viewsTrequartista

Covid booster on 15:27 - Jan 1 by BlueBoots

According to this research / study, there is a drop in protection 10 weeks after a booster (from symptomatic disease, not severe disease / hospitalization, so definitely not "no protection")

Agreed, it applies in both directions, so wrong to say no protection from covid after 2 doses.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Covid booster on 15:55 - Jan 1 with 1863 viewsBluesky

I had no reaction whatsoever. Getting vaccinated is a sensible, responsible thing to do. Please seriously consider getting it done and pay no attention to the unscientific nonsense spewed by anti-vaxxer cowards.
Covid booster on 16:26 - Jan 1 with 1832 viewsPinewoodblue

If the OP would explain the reason for his hesitancy perhaps we might be able to help him.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Covid booster on 19:29 - Jan 1 with 1754 viewsjeera

Covid booster on 16:26 - Jan 1 by Pinewoodblue

If the OP would explain the reason for his hesitancy perhaps we might be able to help him.

It's a bit naughty of Mr Monk there to start this thread and then disappear with no further input.

Plenty of people have tried to help so it would be good to know what his concerns are.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Covid booster on 20:04 - Jan 1 with 1712 viewslazyblue

What reason not to have the first,second or booster jab??
Covid booster on 00:27 - Jan 2 with 1627 viewsStokieBlue

Covid booster on 15:45 - Jan 1 by Trequartista

Agreed, it applies in both directions, so wrong to say no protection from covid after 2 doses.

It's not wrong to say no protection after two doses. AZ is almost zero protection from Omicron after two doses. You've literally agreed with a post which says 3 doses are required.

Let's see your evidence to the contrary.

SB
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 0:33]

Covid booster on 00:33 - Jan 2 with 1616 viewsjeera

Covid booster on 15:45 - Jan 1 by Trequartista

Keep pushing that agenda.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Covid booster on 00:34 - Jan 2 with 1616 viewsStokieBlue

Covid booster on 15:27 - Jan 1 by BlueBoots

Why have you cited a study based on 3 doses when I clearly said two?

SB

Covid booster on 23:34 - Jan 4 with 1419 viewsITFCMonk

Sorry I know a few of you wanted me to follow up and engage with this. I ended up booking the booster (again). Think mainly on instinct and gut feel but feel a lot better for it now after posting.

I was just starting to get a bit concerned about too many vaccines or boosters having an adverse affect somehow. Guess it’s just the world we’re in with a lot of people different .
Covid booster on 23:59 - Jan 4 with 1379 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Covid booster on 13:27 - Jan 1 by XYZ

I had the Moderna booster (AZ 1st 2) - zero side effects with Moderna.

I was the same regime: 2 AZ then Moderna booster.

I had groggy response to 1st AZ for 24 hours, and sore arm to both AZ.

Then not much to Moderna apart from a lymph node on my shoulder blade swelled up like a little peanut. I Googled it, worked out what it was and thought "Wow, amazing! Immune system boosting itself right there!" It stayed like that for 4 or 5 days, no pain, though, really.

Told family about it when we saw them and my sister-in-law said "Oh, I have an appointment booked to see the doctor when they re-open because I found a lump there!" She had been boosted just a few days previously.
Covid booster on 07:44 - Jan 5 with 1255 viewsdickie

Covid booster on 23:59 - Jan 4 by ArnoldMoorhen

I was the same regime: 2 AZ then Moderna booster.

I had groggy response to 1st AZ for 24 hours, and sore arm to both AZ.

Then not much to Moderna apart from a lymph node on my shoulder blade swelled up like a little peanut. I Googled it, worked out what it was and thought "Wow, amazing! Immune system boosting itself right there!" It stayed like that for 4 or 5 days, no pain, though, really.

Told family about it when we saw them and my sister-in-law said "Oh, I have an appointment booked to see the doctor when they re-open because I found a lump there!" She had been boosted just a few days previously.

I had the same thing with my third pfizer vaccine. Little or no symptoms for the first two doses but for the third one I had a big lymph node swelling by my collar bone that was a bit tender however it went down within four days (the NHS website said it was a commune immune response that can last up to 10 days)
Covid booster on 08:01 - Jan 5 with 1243 viewsBlueBoots

Covid booster on 00:34 - Jan 2 by StokieBlue

Why have you cited a study based on 3 doses when I clearly said two?

SB

Why are you asking me that, when my post was a reply to the OP (concerned about 3 doses), not a reply to your post about 2 doses?

BB

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024