Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's have your random Jan signings then 12:00 - Jan 1 with 4237 viewschrismakin

I'm going for Phil Jones. Fitness loan until summer.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:05 - Jan 1 with 3473 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Random posts of 2022 have begun already?

My initial thoughts when I read this were:

We never signed Phil Jones on loan. Followed by, ah he must have signed for someone else, who would that be? Followed, after Googling to see who he has signed for, by ah it's Makin.

So in your same vein, Kilian Mbappe marque signing on 4 month deal.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:23 - Jan 1 with 3365 viewsfooters

The same Phil Jones who's on £75,000+ a week or a different one?

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:27 - Jan 1 with 3337 viewsCokeIsKey

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:23 - Jan 1 by footers

The same Phil Jones who's on £75,000+ a week or a different one?

Probably why he suggested a loan.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:29 - Jan 1 with 3317 viewstextbackup

Alvaro Fernandez

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:31 - Jan 1 with 3323 viewsitfcjoe

Heard a few names, be interested to see what we do as the 4 names I've heard would all need to be loan players which doesn't work with squad set up we have

Think we'll be busy and quick, and there will be a few going out as well

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:34 - Jan 1 with 3277 viewsfooters

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:27 - Jan 1 by CokeIsKey

Probably why he suggested a loan.

"Hi Ed, Mark here. How about this for an offer: you give us Phil Jones till the end of the season playing two leagues below where he is and we'll pay you £5k a week to sweeten the deal. Sound good?"

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:36 - Jan 1 with 3255 viewsCokeIsKey

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:34 - Jan 1 by footers

"Hi Ed, Mark here. How about this for an offer: you give us Phil Jones till the end of the season playing two leagues below where he is and we'll pay you £5k a week to sweeten the deal. Sound good?"

Him playing regular football but costing them 65k a week is still more attractive than him sitting in the reserves and costing them 70k a week!

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:39 - Jan 1 with 3216 viewstextbackup

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:31 - Jan 1 by itfcjoe

Heard a few names, be interested to see what we do as the 4 names I've heard would all need to be loan players which doesn't work with squad set up we have

barry and coulsen must be getting sent back to make some space, pointless them being here

Login to get fewer ads

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:45 - Jan 1 with 3177 viewstractorboy1978

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:39 - Jan 1 by textbackup

barry and coulsen must be getting sent back to make some space, pointless them being here

Chance we make Bonne/Walton permanent as well and that frees up a loan space or two?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 12:49]
Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:45 - Jan 1 with 3177 viewsSouthfieldsBlue

Presumably Barry will be sent back freeing up one loan slot. Walton will not be a loan player one way or the other as well from the sounds of things and if we could send Coulson back I would. I guess we could potentially buy Bonne as well, but I think that would have already been announced if it were to happen.

In terms of outs, there are the obvious ones, Jackson, Kinloch, Nsiala etc, but you seem to be suggesting potentially some of the summer additions might be moving on as well?
Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:50 - Jan 1 with 3133 viewsitfcjoe

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:39 - Jan 1 by textbackup

Barry is probably already back, and if Coulson out for another 4-6 weeks then a waste of time him being here really as we need someone to play

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:53 - Jan 1 with 3117 viewsitfcjoe

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:45 - Jan 1 by SouthfieldsBlue

Presumably Barry will be sent back freeing up one loan slot. Walton will not be a loan player one way or the other as well from the sounds of things and if we could send Coulson back I would. I guess we could potentially buy Bonne as well, but I think that would have already been announced if it were to happen.

In terms of outs, there are the obvious ones, Jackson, Kinloch, Nsiala etc, but you seem to be suggesting potentially some of the summer additions might be moving on as well?

I don't know who will be going out and think we'll struggle to shift the summer additions along - Fraser excepted if Martin wants to take him to Swansea and it suits us.

But we have no space in our squad for loan players, and the players I've heard ar young PL players - we assume Barry to go back, plus Coulson - be interested to see how Walton plays out but wouldn't be surprised if he just stays until end of season and don't think we'll get a deal done for Bonne

Just think there will be 3-4 in and 3-4 out

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:56 - Jan 1 with 3065 viewsSitfcB

Any clues? 😋😂

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:59 - Jan 1 with 3036 viewsblueislander

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:56 - Jan 1 by SitfcB

Any clues? 😋😂

Batitusta and Hislop
Let's have your random Jan signings then on 13:17 - Jan 1 with 2924 viewstextbackup

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:45 - Jan 1 by tractorboy1978

Chance we make Bonne/Walton permanent as well and that frees up a loan space or two?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 12:49]

hate to say it, if bonne is offered a full time deal now, where we currently sit in the league, i dont see him taking it.

had we been top 3/4 yeah we might stand a chance.

but even if qpr dont want him, there will be other championship clubs ready to take him, and ultimately he wants to be there.

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 13:52 - Jan 1 with 2754 viewsdavblue

haha, you shouldn't have had that extra few beers last night.
Let's have your random Jan signings then on 13:58 - Jan 1 with 2706 viewsfranz_tyson

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:53 - Jan 1 by itfcjoe

I don't know who will be going out and think we'll struggle to shift the summer additions along - Fraser excepted if Martin wants to take him to Swansea and it suits us.

But we have no space in our squad for loan players, and the players I've heard ar young PL players - we assume Barry to go back, plus Coulson - be interested to see how Walton plays out but wouldn't be surprised if he just stays until end of season and don't think we'll get a deal done for Bonne

Just think there will be 3-4 in and 3-4 out

What positions do these players fill?. If you can’t give names?
Let's have your random Jan signings then on 14:26 - Jan 1 with 2594 viewsFightingEssex

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 12:45 - Jan 1 by SouthfieldsBlue

Barry has already gone back. I assume we paid up the loan, he’s been back at Villa for months and is going to Swindon.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 14:28 - Jan 1 with 2589 viewsGeoffSentence

Have Derby got anyone half decent who might drop down a division? They must be ripe for plundering
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 14:30]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 14:29 - Jan 1 with 2581 viewsPhilTWTD

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 14:26 - Jan 1 by FightingEssex

Barry has already gone back. I assume we paid up the loan, he’s been back at Villa for months and is going to Swindon.

Not according to Kieran McKenna!

McKenna: We're Speaking to Louie About the Best Option For Him Going Forward 28th Dec 2021 14:45
Town boss Kieran McKenna says he is speaking with on-loan Aston Villa forward Louie Barry about the best option for the 18-year-old going forward, the youngster having appeared very fleetingly in the first half of the campaign. 10

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 14:44 - Jan 1 with 2476 viewsitfcjoe

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 13:58 - Jan 1 by franz_tyson

What positions do these players fill?. If you can’t give names?

left back, Centre Back and a couple of forwards - am sure they won't all sign and may be one of the 2 forward players for example.

I think clear that if Coulson out long term we need someone in there, and if going to be 3 at the back and playing from the back we need one more there

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 14:55 - Jan 1 with 2390 viewsNthQldITFC

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 14:44 - Jan 1 by itfcjoe

left back, Centre Back and a couple of forwards - am sure they won't all sign and may be one of the 2 forward players for example.

I think clear that if Coulson out long term we need someone in there, and if going to be 3 at the back and playing from the back we need one more there

I really want to see Kyle Edwards taking that left wing back position, he's just a little bit of fine tuning away from being an excellent option, and Penney as back up should be OK.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 17:19 - Jan 3 with 1511 viewsStokieBlue

Jones starts for Man United tonight.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 17:28 - Jan 3 with 1475 viewschrismakin

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 17:19 - Jan 3 by StokieBlue

SB

Well that's makes it 1%less likely then lol.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 17:39 - Jan 3 with 1431 viewsitfcjoe

Let's have your random Jan signings then on 17:19 - Jan 3 by StokieBlue

SB

Just helping him get up to fitness before they send him out to get 5% of his wages covered

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024