Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood - contract 18:05 - Apr 9 with 5804 viewsStu_boy

With his contract up in the summer what is the consensus on him? Consistently our top scorer for all his limitations. However, with bonne going back to qpr, id also let piggott go if we can get interest, he's not getting any game time which indicates mckenna may not trust him (piggott). Would you give norwood another year? Without doubt we need 2 maybe 3 new strikers and will norwood accept not necessarily being top man next season?
Norwood - contract on 19:38 - Apr 11 with 790 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwood - contract on 19:34 - Apr 11 by portmanking

He told them this pre-Christmas and before McKenna had even joined. If you look at all his goal celebrations since there's zero fan engagement. The guy has milked us dry and will go off back into the lower league journeyman abyss. He'll realise in 10-15 years time just how much of an opportunity he wasted here.

He has not milked us dry and he is clearly still prepared to play his best for us even though he has (from what you are sharing) decided that he is not going to be here after the summer. He will get double figures on this league for a different club next season. You can be sure of that unless somewhere like Wrexham take him on in League 2.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwood - contract on 19:41 - Apr 11 with 776 viewsblueball1

Norwood - contract on 19:38 - Apr 9 by Ryorry

And I'm afraid I doubt he has the self-discipline to look after himself diet & fitness-wise over the summer too.

What are you basing that on? Cook said he came back the fittest from pre season
Norwood - contract on 20:31 - Apr 11 with 734 viewsParky

Norwood - contract on 19:38 - Apr 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

He has not milked us dry and he is clearly still prepared to play his best for us even though he has (from what you are sharing) decided that he is not going to be here after the summer. He will get double figures on this league for a different club next season. You can be sure of that unless somewhere like Wrexham take him on in League 2.

Have heard Oxford is a possible destination for him.
Norwood - contract on 12:49 - Apr 12 with 613 viewsFacefacts

Norwood - contract on 10:59 - Apr 11 by hype313

On what basis?

Just one year.
Hard to attract a better replacement.
He scores the occasional goal.
I like his fight.
Would sooner see our other forward players leave.
Norwood - contract on 12:50 - Apr 12 with 601 viewstextbackup

Norwood - contract on 12:49 - Apr 12 by Facefacts

Just one year.
I like his fight.

"Hard to attract a better replacement"

are you a smackhead?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Norwood - contract on 12:50 - Apr 12 with 601 viewshype313

Just one year.
I like his fight.

Yep, thought so, so no basis then.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Norwood - contract on 12:59 - Apr 12 with 590 viewsLeoMuff

Just one year.
I like his fight.

Would like to see Jackson, Possibly Simpson, Norwood, and x 1 other, however if KmC doesn’t fancy Norwood some it , but he definitely offers something different and has a decent record in lg1

I think Piggott needs a change of scenery to get going again.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Norwood - contract on 13:33 - Apr 12 with 565 viewswkj

Norwood - contract on 12:59 - Apr 12 by LeoMuff

Would like to see Jackson, Possibly Simpson, Norwood, and x 1 other, however if KmC doesn’t fancy Norwood some it , but he definitely offers something different and has a decent record in lg1

I think Piggott needs a change of scenery to get going again.

I honestly think we need to raise the bar. I have been sure to not venture down the road of criticising Norwood in this post as some of it seems far fetched - however, we need better. If McKenna wants young and athletic then Norwood isn't that - he's an older player who is at the point in his career where being athletic becomes harder to maintain.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood - contract on 13:36 - Apr 12 with 554 viewshype313

Norwood - contract on 13:33 - Apr 12 by wkj

I honestly think we need to raise the bar. I have been sure to not venture down the road of criticising Norwood in this post as some of it seems far fetched - however, we need better. If McKenna wants young and athletic then Norwood isn't that - he's an older player who is at the point in his career where being athletic becomes harder to maintain.

Think some people haven't realised that Evans no longer owns the club....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Norwood - contract on 13:38 - Apr 12 with 547 viewswkj

Norwood - contract on 13:36 - Apr 12 by hype313

Think some people haven't realised that Evans no longer owns the club....

It's going to be hard to seek better replacements without Evans' and Clegg's legendary negotiating skills.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Norwood - contract on 14:30 - Apr 12 with 508 viewsKieran_Knows

Norwood - contract on 20:31 - Apr 11 by Parky

Have heard Oxford is a possible destination for him.

Wrexham with Mullin is my guess.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Norwood - contract on 14:30 - Apr 12 with 507 viewsKieran_Knows

Just one year.
I like his fight.

'Hard to attract a better replacement'

Mate, we're not shopping for the likes of Oli Hawkins these days.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Norwood - contract on 14:30 - Apr 12 with 507 viewsLeoMuff

Norwood - contract on 13:33 - Apr 12 by wkj

We raise the bar for the one newbie, I’m not sure we could justify having x 2 lower champ level strikers here they will cost serious £ when we only play 1

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Norwood - contract on 14:42 - Apr 12 with 494 viewsChurchman

Norwood - contract on 14:30 - Apr 12 by LeoMuff

We raise the bar for the one newbie, I’m not sure we could justify having x 2 lower champ level strikers here they will cost serious £ when we only play 1

I would anticipate the squad being smaller, apart from two probably three of the current strikers not being here next season. I think it’s perfectly feasible to bring in better than what we have if we can find them. The strikers are currently the weakest element of the team.
Norwood - contract on 14:58 - Apr 12 with 479 viewsDarth_Koont

Norwood - contract on 14:42 - Apr 12 by Churchman

I would anticipate the squad being smaller, apart from two probably three of the current strikers not being here next season. I think it’s perfectly feasible to bring in better than what we have if we can find them. The strikers are currently the weakest element of the team.

Of course, they’re part of it but I think you could say the attack as a whole is the weakest part. And that’s even with Celina, Chaplin and Aluko looking very good at times – yet they rarely seem to connect with the strikers.

I think it’s a bit more complicated than striking personnel or at least their relative quality. Highlighted by the fact that everyone’s 4th striker in Jackson suddenly became everyone’s 1st choice off the back of a very good and productive few weeks that showed us something else when we played a different way.

But I agree with you that we’re likely to see a couple of strikers leaving so it’s going to be an interesting summer and to see what sort of attack emerges in August. I’m happy to leave that to McKenna as I wouldn’t really know where to start.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024