Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? 09:51 - May 27 with 2194 viewsunbelievablue

I am dying this morning. Had one of those seltzer resolve (Brent) things and 2 pints of water, no food yet. Help.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 10:13 - May 27 with 1629 viewsSkip_Intro

greasy fry up and a couple of cans of full fat coke...not great healthwise but will perk you up once you force down the fry up...
Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 10:15 - May 27 with 1621 viewsclive_baker

Take a ride on the lovely air conditioned Elizabeth Line?

Failing that I would try Irn Bru and a grab bag of quavers

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 10:15 - May 27 with 1619 viewsunbelievablue

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 10:15 - May 27 by clive_baker

I'm supposed to be playing baseball tonight so that will involve riding Liz. Right now it feels very unlikely though.

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 10:17 - May 27 with 1613 viewsSWGF

Lucozade and multivitamins *the night before, before crashing out*.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 10:22 - May 27 with 1603 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Can of apple tango and a packet of flammin hot monster munch

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 10:28 - May 27 with 1581 viewsKeno

Toast and honey with strong black sweet coffee

Orange Juice

strong black sweet coffee

more orange jiuce

fry up with bacon, eggs, mushrooms fried bread with orange juice

and with strong black sweet coffee

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 10:34 - May 27 with 1571 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I overcook bacon to the point where you can snap it. Can of coke.

Normally does the job.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 10:40 - May 27 with 1561 viewsunbelievablue

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 10:34 - May 27 by TRUE_BLUE123

I overcook bacon to the point where you can snap it. Can of coke.

Normally does the job.

I've had some more water and the only available headache remedy, which was some old cold & flu tablets. They're chock full of paracetamol and caffeine, so should help.

Login to get fewer ads

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:02 - May 27 with 1514 viewsmutters

Red coke (sugar and caffeine)

Ibuprofen

Bacon sandwiches

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:06 - May 27 with 1499 viewshype313

Litre of water with a couple of rehydration sachets in.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:07 - May 27 with 1508 viewsitfcjoe

I'm in bits, just walked to work from Kesgrave to Bucklesham - forgot to take a drink and was sick twice on the walk

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:10 - May 27 with 1490 viewsunbelievablue

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:07 - May 27 by itfcjoe

I'm in bits, just walked to work from Kesgrave to Bucklesham - forgot to take a drink and was sick twice on the walk

Hahaha.

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:13 - May 27 with 1482 viewsLord_Lucan

Beer

It's genuinely the only answer.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:16 - May 27 with 1477 viewsunbelievablue

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:13 - May 27 by Lord_Lucan

Beer

It's genuinely the only answer.

I usually would, but I committed to play sport tonight.

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:19 - May 27 with 1457 viewsSwansea_Blue

You could join my 2 hour programme planning Zoom meeting. It's kill or cure stuff. The boredom would certainly take the edge off.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:21 - May 27 with 1450 viewsclive_baker

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:16 - May 27 by unbelievablue

Thought you said you had baseball tonight?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:21 - May 27 with 1443 viewsunbelievablue

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:21 - May 27 by clive_baker

Thought you said you had baseball tonight?

Badum, tsh.

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:21 - May 27 with 1447 viewsParsley

Surprising one I discovered recently is Cadbury hot chocolate. Milk is good for rehydration, sugar to give you a bit of energy and the hot chocolate in general helps if you're feeling a bit delicate. Doesn't have to be Cadbury but I don't think the instant ones would work as well.
Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:22 - May 27 with 1429 viewsunbelievablue

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:21 - May 27 by Parsley

Surprising one I discovered recently is Cadbury hot chocolate. Milk is good for rehydration, sugar to give you a bit of energy and the hot chocolate in general helps if you're feeling a bit delicate. Doesn't have to be Cadbury but I don't think the instant ones would work as well.

This has legs. Unfortunately, I don't have the legs to go to the shop (yet).

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:23 - May 27 with 1419 viewsmutters

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:22 - May 27 by unbelievablue

This has legs. Unfortunately, I don't have the legs to go to the shop (yet).

https://www.snappyshopper.co.uk/

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:28 - May 27 with 1412 viewsSwansea_Blue

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:21 - May 27 by Parsley

Mighty fine idea. Hangovers are the only time I drink fizzy drinks (Lucozade ideally) - that sugar kick seems to do the job. So I can imagine a hot chocolate would work wonders.

Another oddity about drinks and hangovers is that normally I'm a coffee addict, but if I've got a bad hangover I can't touch the stuff, but crave tea. All very odd.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:28 - May 27 with 1409 viewsLord_Lucan

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:16 - May 27 by unbelievablue

Oh!

Get you, Mr Kings Cross Fancy Pants!

I can remember when Kings Cross was of only use for drugs or an early morning tattoo. Now all you young yuppy communists are taking over with your crazy lunch demands!

.....And I thought your brother was the one on the gravy train!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:33 - May 27 with 1392 viewsunbelievablue

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:28 - May 27 by Lord_Lucan

Oh!

Get you, Mr Kings Cross Fancy Pants!

I can remember when Kings Cross was of only use for drugs or an early morning tattoo. Now all you young yuppy communists are taking over with your crazy lunch demands!

.....And I thought your brother was the one on the gravy train!

Well it's not exactly 'Come in here dear boy have a cigar you're gonna go far', but the new job is much more aligned to what I should be earning.

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 11:43 - May 27 with 1353 viewsleitrimblue

Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 10:15 - May 27 by clive_baker

The medicinal powers of Irn Bru are well underrated.
If that doesn't work has to be the hair of the dog that bit yer
Have we done old wives' tale hangover cures recently? on 12:05 - May 27 with 1286 viewsvilanovablue

Couple of bananas, coffee and repeat if required.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024