Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for Phil.. 17:03 - Jul 16 with 3748 viewsjoey_itfc

With the signing of Harness would you say that ends our interest in Celina, Phil?
Question for Phil.. on 17:33 - Jul 16 with 2993 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Not according to Watson.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-celina-and-harness-situation-9148

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Question for Phil.. on 21:47 - Jul 16 with 2686 viewsPhilTWTD

No, Celina interest is still ongoing.
Question for Phil.. on 21:55 - Jul 16 with 2630 viewsVeggie

Question for Phil.. on 21:47 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

No, Celina interest is still ongoing.

If we got him now, it would only be because he couldn’t go to Stoke. Not sure we should be signing him if that’s the case.
Question for Phil.. on 22:11 - Jul 16 with 2541 viewsParisBlue

Question for Phil.. on 21:55 - Jul 16 by Veggie

If we got him now, it would only be because he couldn’t go to Stoke. Not sure we should be signing him if that’s the case.

I'd guess we're yet to make an offer that's acceptable to Dijon. Until we do a move to us isn't an option for him.

The move to Dijon from Swansea looks like a bad career move on Bersant's part.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 22:12]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Question for Phil.. on 22:20 - Jul 16 with 2466 viewsPhilTWTD

Question for Phil.. on 22:11 - Jul 16 by ParisBlue

I'd guess we're yet to make an offer that's acceptable to Dijon. Until we do a move to us isn't an option for him.

The move to Dijon from Swansea looks like a bad career move on Bersant's part.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 22:12]

Dijon aren't the issue, it's terms with the player.
Question for Phil.. on 22:22 - Jul 16 with 2436 viewsMattinLondon

Why not? Moves break down all of the time with players then moving on to alternate clubs.
Question for Phil.. on 22:25 - Jul 16 with 2402 viewsVeggie

Question for Phil.. on 22:22 - Jul 16 by MattinLondon

Why not? Moves break down all of the time with players then moving on to alternate clubs.

Because he chose to go to Stoke. He only isn’t there because of work permit issues. It’s a bit like you going out with a really fit girl, only for her to dump you so you go back to the girlfriend you initially dropped for her.
Question for Phil.. on 22:26 - Jul 16 with 2389 viewspointofblue

Question for Phil.. on 22:22 - Jul 16 by MattinLondon

He wanted to be at Stoke rather than here - will his head be in the right place for us?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Question for Phil.. on 22:31 - Jul 16 with 2345 viewsSwansea_Blue

Question for Phil.. on 22:25 - Jul 16 by Veggie

Because he chose to go to Stoke. He only isn’t there because of work permit issues. It’s a bit like you going out with a really fit girl, only for her to dump you so you go back to the girlfriend you initially dropped for her.

Terrible analogy. I prefer - he’s a professional footballer and will end up playing football for whichever team he can reach a financial agreement with.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Question for Phil.. on 22:32 - Jul 16 with 2334 viewsjeera

Question for Phil.. on 22:20 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

Dijon aren't the issue, it's terms with the player.

But is it true he chose Stoke himself over Town or is it more likely it's Dijon who pushed that move because of differences in monies involved?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Question for Phil.. on 22:35 - Jul 16 with 2272 viewsMattinLondon

Question for Phil.. on 22:31 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

Terrible analogy. I prefer - he’s a professional footballer and will end up playing football for whichever team he can reach a financial agreement with.

And Stoke are in the Championship as well. Players want to play at the highest level possible to them.
Question for Phil.. on 22:36 - Jul 16 with 2254 viewsTrequartista

Why on earth not?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Question for Phil.. on 22:37 - Jul 16 with 2248 viewsMattinLondon

Question for Phil.. on 22:26 - Jul 16 by pointofblue

He wanted to be at Stoke rather than here - will his head be in the right place for us?

The Stoke move broke down, sure he’s upset about that but football moves quickly and I’m sure his head will be fixed on to whichever team offers him good wages and first team football.
Question for Phil.. on 22:38 - Jul 16 with 2240 viewsTrequartista

So he can now not leave Dijon for anyone because he originally chose Stoke?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Question for Phil.. on 22:43 - Jul 16 with 2213 viewsWakh

Ever swapped jobs? or girlfriends
Question for Phil.. on 22:47 - Jul 16 with 2195 viewsPhilTWTD

Question for Phil.. on 22:32 - Jul 16 by jeera

But is it true he chose Stoke himself over Town or is it more likely it's Dijon who pushed that move because of differences in monies involved?

Stoke agreed terms, we haven't was the crux of it. I don't think Dijon are particularly bothered where he goes. As far as I'm aware the same deal had been agreed with them by both us and Stoke, and I assume the interested Turkish clubs.
Question for Phil.. on 22:48 - Jul 16 with 2181 viewsPhilTWTD

All things being equal he'd have come here above Stoke, but they were the ones who made an acceptable offer.
Question for Phil.. on 22:51 - Jul 16 with 2162 viewsjeera

Question for Phil.. on 22:47 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

Stoke agreed terms, we haven't was the crux of it. I don't think Dijon are particularly bothered where he goes. As far as I'm aware the same deal had been agreed with them by both us and Stoke, and I assume the interested Turkish clubs.

Well, you couldn't blame him if he was interested in Turkey.

Their baths are a delight.

I guess if he had the opportunity to go to a club in a higher league but didn't try to take it then some of us would be questioning his sanity.

You think given our signings and the possibility of more he'd still be a useful addition to us?
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 22:52]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Question for Phil.. on 22:52 - Jul 16 with 2153 viewsberkstractorboy

Question for Phil.. on 22:32 - Jul 16 by jeera

Yes he chose Stoke over Town as so far they have met his terms and maybe he thinks Town never will. Repeatedly people have reported Santi wants to come back, so the analogy of saying he chose Stoke over Ipswich only really works if we both have met his terms. And then maybe he chooses Championship football over some of the L1 dross of getting kicked to bits.
Question for Phil.. on 23:08 - Jul 16 with 2068 viewsNthQldITFC

Question for Phil.. on 22:51 - Jul 16 by jeera

Well, you couldn't blame him if he was interested in Turkey.

Their baths are a delight.

I guess if he had the opportunity to go to a club in a higher league but didn't try to take it then some of us would be questioning his sanity.

You think given our signings and the possibility of more he'd still be a useful addition to us?
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 22:52]

I eat their Delights in my bath.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Question for Phil.. on 23:13 - Jul 16 with 2048 viewsVeggie

Question for Phil.. on 22:35 - Jul 16 by MattinLondon

And Stoke are in the Championship as well. Players want to play at the highest level possible to them.

Again not true. Players have chosen to come here over Championship clubs.
Question for Phil.. on 23:16 - Jul 16 with 2032 viewspointofblue

Question for Phil.. on 22:52 - Jul 16 by berkstractorboy

Yes he chose Stoke over Town as so far they have met his terms and maybe he thinks Town never will. Repeatedly people have reported Santi wants to come back, so the analogy of saying he chose Stoke over Ipswich only really works if we both have met his terms. And then maybe he chooses Championship football over some of the L1 dross of getting kicked to bits.

More like money. We have to still work within a tighter budget than Stoke do. It's easier to Stoke to meet his request.

The thing is, if he wants to return to England, he only has one option on the table now. Do we try and take advantage of that and, if so, will he decide to go to one of the Turkish sides instead?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Question for Phil.. on 06:38 - Jul 17 with 1658 viewsITFCBlues

Question for Phil.. on 23:13 - Jul 16 by Veggie

Again not true. Players have chosen to come here over Championship clubs.

On your theory, we probably shouldn't sign another player. Harness was linked with Championship bids last week, why did we sign him?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Question for Phil.. on 06:59 - Jul 17 with 1612 viewsBarcaBlue

Question for Phil.. on 22:26 - Jul 16 by pointofblue

Do you honestly believe that Celina, if he does come here, will be pining for Stoke and his performances will suffer as a result?

He has a Norwegian passport, more likely to be pining for the bloody fjords.
Question for Phil.. on 08:11 - Jul 17 with 1441 viewsxrayspecs

Question for Phil.. on 22:48 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

All things being equal he'd have come here above Stoke, but they were the ones who made an acceptable offer.

Phil

Would this be a loan or permanent deal? If a loan, then would Dijon and Town be negotiating who covers what percentage of his contract? If term are being agreed with CB, then would this not be a permanent or loan to permanent deal?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024