Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The name “Super Blues” 23:22 - Oct 9 with 4696 viewsIllinoisblue

So long as we’re winning I don’t really care what we’re called

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The name “Super Blues” on 23:30 - Oct 9 with 3129 viewsColin_Viljoen

So who at the club wants to squash "The Tractor Boys" & replace it with the "Super Blues"
The name “Super Blues” on 23:34 - Oct 9 with 3108 viewsjeera

Surely matey's got it the wrong way about and it will be the older lot who are more familiar with Super Blues than the average 6 year old.

I'm with you, I don't over care if Town are doing well. Any piss-taking is tolerable when things are going well.

Not a fan of either nickname tbh and use neither myself but there you go.

I had the commentary on really low yesterday with the radio blaring in the next room and only realised it wasn't even our lot I had on the video when I heard the term Tractor Boys mentioned.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The name “Super Blues” on 23:41 - Oct 9 with 3078 viewsPerublue

Back in the 70's and 80's when I was a child I found the name super blues naff and I was a child and as I say it was the 70's and 80's.

....But,I have always been a fan of the Tractor boys moniker as it's a little self deprecating as well as unique.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

The name “Super Blues” on 00:06 - Oct 10 with 3012 viewsPablo_Counago

The name “Super Blues” on 23:41 - Oct 9 by Perublue

Back in the 70's and 80's when I was a child I found the name super blues naff and I was a child and as I say it was the 70's and 80's.

....But,I have always been a fan of the Tractor boys moniker as it's a little self deprecating as well as unique.

I agree with you on the Tractor Boys front. Every team has a nickname and I think 'The Tractor Boys' is a bit funny, self deprecating, and fits with the agricultural surroundings of the town and county. I can't really think of any better nicknames for us

Also the history of the nickname is quite nice. It originally being used against to then us claiming it for our own
The name “Super Blues” on 00:17 - Oct 10 with 2989 viewsronnyd

The name “Super Blues” on 00:06 - Oct 10 by Pablo_Counago

I agree with you on the Tractor Boys front. Every team has a nickname and I think 'The Tractor Boys' is a bit funny, self deprecating, and fits with the agricultural surroundings of the town and county. I can't really think of any better nicknames for us

Also the history of the nickname is quite nice. It originally being used against to then us claiming it for our own

Roll on the Old Farm Derby.
The name “Super Blues” on 00:17 - Oct 10 with 2987 viewsChurchman

I don’t particularly mind the Tractor Boys nickname either. Regardless, it’s not going to go away any time soon.

I never liked the Super Blues thing. It always felt a bit cringeworthy. However, as others have said if the club is progressing and the team are winning I don’t care what we are called as long as yellow, green and an annoying little bird are not involved.
The name “Super Blues” on 03:48 - Oct 10 with 2884 viewsBigCommon

Assuming Gamechanger want us to become a global interest, going forwards. Then a simple tag, like "SuperBlues" , makes perfect sense, to a wider, non local audience. The fact that we have a historic link to that nick name, does no harm, imo.
These same sort of conversations came up when someone decided to tag us "Tractor Boys", out of nowhere, in the early nineties. I can remember a lot of people not really being on board with it. Although, without social media back then, the conversations were usually had between a few mate in the pub..
If I'm honest, I've never really liked the Tractor Boys tag. It still feels new to me. Although , I appreciate that a lot of supporters are a lot younger and have known nothing else. So it will sound a bit odd to them, hearing us revert back to a previous tag.
I prefer Super Blues to Tractor Boys.. Each to their own..
But the best years this club ever saw under Sir Alf and Sir Bobby have no connection at all to "The Tractor Boys" tag. But those years do have a connection to the "SuperBlues" .. Probably why I've never really been too fond of it...
The name “Super Blues” on 05:04 - Oct 10 with 2845 viewsCanadianBlue

Super Blues shouldn't be referred to anyone a) outside of the Prem b) hasn't worn numerous trophies including a continental competition.

The Tractorboys/Tractorgirls not only refers to the heritage of the club but is very unique and identifiable. Living abroad in a very agricultural area, the Tractorboys as a nickname has caused more of a connection with the local Canucks than a very generic, not suitable nickname such as "Super Blues".

"Super Blues" is best reserved for how the world feels on the third Monday of January.
Login to get fewer ads

The name “Super Blues” on 06:21 - Oct 10 with 2677 viewsPendejo

I remember "Super Blues" as being a self description from the club, also gets a mention in the FA Cup Final song.

"Tractor Boys", as far as I can recall is a media appointed millennium tag.

I prefer "The Town" as in follow the town up and down.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The name “Super Blues” on 06:48 - Oct 10 with 2624 viewsPendejo

The name “Super Blues” on 06:21 - Oct 10 by Pendejo

I remember "Super Blues" as being a self description from the club, also gets a mention in the FA Cup Final song.

The Finest football team the world has ever seen...?
Will sing that shamelessly, though for quite some time it's been an exercise in irony.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The name “Super Blues” on 07:22 - Oct 10 with 2516 viewsBLUEBEAT

MEGABLOOZ

Poll: W or W

The name “Super Blues” on 07:23 - Oct 10 with 2516 viewsITFC_Forever

Super Blues is a thousand times better than Tractor Boys.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The name “Super Blues” on 07:31 - Oct 10 with 2488 viewsPlums

The name “Super Blues” on 23:41 - Oct 9 by Perublue

I'm with you. As a kid in the late 70s and early 80s, I could never understand why we had 'Super Blues' on scarves and hats when I don't think I ever heard the fans use it.
Tractor Boys suits us fine

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

The name “Super Blues” on 07:49 - Oct 10 with 2454 viewstextbackup

The name “Super Blues” on 23:30 - Oct 9 by Colin_Viljoen

So who at the club wants to squash "The Tractor Boys" & replace it with the "Super Blues"

Whoever this person is I want to shake their hand

Tractor boys is the fcking pits
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 7:50]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The name “Super Blues” on 07:56 - Oct 10 with 2424 viewsurbanblue

The name “Super Blues” on 03:48 - Oct 10 by BigCommon

Assuming Gamechanger want us to become a global interest, going forwards. Then a simple tag, like "SuperBlues" , makes perfect sense, to a wider, non local audience. The fact that we have a historic link to that nick name, does no harm, imo.
These same sort of conversations came up when someone decided to tag us "Tractor Boys", out of nowhere, in the early nineties. I can remember a lot of people not really being on board with it. Although, without social media back then, the conversations were usually had between a few mate in the pub..
If I'm honest, I've never really liked the Tractor Boys tag. It still feels new to me. Although , I appreciate that a lot of supporters are a lot younger and have known nothing else. So it will sound a bit odd to them, hearing us revert back to a previous tag.
I prefer Super Blues to Tractor Boys.. Each to their own..
But the best years this club ever saw under Sir Alf and Sir Bobby have no connection at all to "The Tractor Boys" tag. But those years do have a connection to the "SuperBlues" .. Probably why I've never really been too fond of it...

All good points. Moving forward we'll get more new fans abroad being referred to as the Super Blues. However much some fans may like it The Tractor Boys is just not cool.

Also, I'm sure the Firemen and Police in the USA will feel far more comfortable about their money being invested in a club going by the moniker of Super Blues rather then Tractor Boys.

Game changer know what they're doing asking it to be pushed.
The name “Super Blues” on 08:03 - Oct 10 with 2396 viewsDubtractor

The name “Super Blues” on 07:49 - Oct 10 by textbackup

Whoever this person is I want to shake their hand

Tractor boys is the fcking pits
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 7:50]

Possibly the same person that finally stopped us playing that god awful sub status quo version of singing the blues that had been stinking the place out for about 20 years.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The name “Super Blues” on 08:05 - Oct 10 with 2392 viewsBluespeed225

‘Have you heard the news, they call us Super Blues’. The other 78’Cup song. Can’t remember who sang it though. Blues or Town are best.
The name “Super Blues” on 08:09 - Oct 10 with 2364 viewsFunge

The name “Super Blues” on 08:03 - Oct 10 by Dubtractor

Possibly the same person that finally stopped us playing that god awful sub status quo version of singing the blues that had been stinking the place out for about 20 years.

In a similar vein, well done whoever decided to replace that Neil Diamond w@nk at the end of the game, with Hey Jude.

Much much better.
The name “Super Blues” on 08:13 - Oct 10 with 2324 viewsDubtractor

The name “Super Blues” on 08:05 - Oct 10 by Bluespeed225

‘Have you heard the news, they call us Super Blues’. The other 78’Cup song. Can’t remember who sang it though. Blues or Town are best.

Paper lace wasn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The name “Super Blues” on 08:32 - Oct 10 with 2251 viewsDJR

The name “Super Blues” on 07:31 - Oct 10 by Plums

I'm with you. As a kid in the late 70s and early 80s, I could never understand why we had 'Super Blues' on scarves and hats when I don't think I ever heard the fans use it.
Tractor Boys suits us fine

I started watching in 1969 and to be honest wasn't really aware of the Super Blues name. But the name re-emerged when the new commentator started using it, and I realised I had a scarf from the 70s which had it on. To my mind it's got to be Tractor Boys (for originality) or Town. Super Blues is just so bland, and could apply to any club playing in blue.
The name “Super Blues” on 09:11 - Oct 10 with 2157 viewsPinewoodblue

The name “Super Blues” on 08:13 - Oct 10 by Dubtractor

Paper lace wasn't it?

Paper lace were from Nottingham, think they did a song with Nottingham Forest in 1978.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The name “Super Blues” on 09:12 - Oct 10 with 2152 viewsiamatractorboy

I agree
The name “Super Blues” on 09:20 - Oct 10 with 2105 viewsWeWereZombies

The name “Super Blues” on 05:04 - Oct 10 by CanadianBlue

Super Blues shouldn't be referred to anyone a) outside of the Prem b) hasn't worn numerous trophies including a continental competition.

The Tractorboys/Tractorgirls not only refers to the heritage of the club but is very unique and identifiable. Living abroad in a very agricultural area, the Tractorboys as a nickname has caused more of a connection with the local Canucks than a very generic, not suitable nickname such as "Super Blues".

"Super Blues" is best reserved for how the world feels on the third Monday of January.

How about 'The Potentially Super Blues' ?

(In preference to 'The Former Super Blues'...)

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

The name “Super Blues” on 09:26 - Oct 10 with 2080 viewsDarth_Koont

The name “Super Blues” on 06:21 - Oct 10 by Pendejo

Like several have said, I don’t really mind.

But ... I also prefer Town. It’s much, much more specific to us – and indeed we could easily overtake Luton and Huddersfield over the next few years to become the leading Town. Just like Man City are City.

The campaign starts here.

Pronouns: He/Him

The name “Super Blues” on 09:35 - Oct 10 with 2024 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We should be called THE SUPER AWESOME BLUE TRACTORS!
And then everyone's happy.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024