Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tradition Matters 19:59 - Oct 21 with 8029 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fair play to Blue Action.

I'm not overly bothered by us playing in black but it's good that we have a group that keeps the flame burning.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tradition Matters on 20:44 - Oct 21 with 4545 viewsJ2BLUE

What did they do?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tradition Matters on 20:55 - Oct 21 with 4458 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tradition Matters on 20:44 - Oct 21 by J2BLUE

What did they do?

Had a banner in blue saying "Tradition Matters".

Iron Lion Zion

Tradition Matters on 21:02 - Oct 21 with 4402 viewsjaykay

Tradition Matters on 20:55 - Oct 21 by GlasgowBlue

maybe it was them, but wasn't the banner in sir alfs

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Tradition Matters on 21:04 - Oct 21 with 4379 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tradition Matters on 21:02 - Oct 21 by jaykay

maybe it was them, but wasn't the banner in sir alfs

No. It was to the left of the cameras and the cameras are in the West Stand.

Iron Lion Zion

Tradition Matters on 21:18 - Oct 21 with 4325 viewsjaykay

Tradition Matters on 21:04 - Oct 21 by GlasgowBlue

No. It was to the left of the cameras and the cameras are in the West Stand.

as i said i could be wrong but i thought the banner was was showing as the players walked out

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Tradition Matters on 21:25 - Oct 21 with 4300 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tradition Matters on 21:18 - Oct 21 by jaykay

as i said i could be wrong but i thought the banner was was showing as the players walked out

The only thing on display at Churchmans is a few tartan blankets.

Iron Lion Zion

Tradition Matters on 22:05 - Oct 21 with 4211 viewsJ2BLUE

First thing they have got wrong IMO.

Not going to criticise as they've been amazing but I think as a one off this was completely understandable. Under Evans we didn't ever maximise marketing opportunities. The Ed Sheeran connection and the fact he designed the kit is probably now all over Twitter.

If we're not going to play in blue then it needs to be a big deal and today was IMO.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2022 22:19]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tradition Matters on 22:29 - Oct 21 with 4049 viewsKropotkin123

Losing on sky in blue sucks. New tradition of winning in black is better.

Massive overreaction too. Not like they are doing a Cardiff on us.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2022 22:30]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Tradition Matters on 22:34 - Oct 21 with 3967 viewsN2_Blue

Tradition Matters on 22:29 - Oct 21 by Kropotkin123

Losing on sky in blue sucks. New tradition of winning in black is better.

Massive overreaction too. Not like they are doing a Cardiff on us.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2022 22:30]

i don't really care but it seems strange that neither team wore their 1st team kit in tonight's game when the kits couldn't contrast more.

However if we need a rule for the black kit...perhaps it can only ever be worn for Sky/TV games, even if we are at home!

COYB, that is a massive win, even if the performance wasn't the greatest we are ticking over at the 2pts+ per game. That is fine. keep doing that and we won't need to worry what Sheff Weds or Plymouth do, no way more than 2 teams finish with more than 92 points so we are on track...don't need to worry about others just focus on the 2pts per game.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Tradition Matters on 22:42 - Oct 21 with 3901 viewsBlueStreak

Talking of section 6, seems like the old bill couldn’t wait to get in there at half time. Three people turfed put it looked like. Anyone know what happened? Hope the relations between the club and section 6 don’t break down as it’s been superb of late.
Tradition Matters on 22:51 - Oct 21 with 3811 viewsstarofanglia

Tradition Matters on 20:44 - Oct 21 by J2BLUE

What did they do?

Caused trouble again and got kicked out 😂
Tradition Matters on 23:15 - Oct 21 with 3637 viewsMark

I want us to always play in blue at home, and away too where possible. It is our identity. I really hope tonight's shirt was a one off and not repeated.
Tradition Matters on 23:29 - Oct 21 with 3511 viewsKropotkin123

Tradition Matters on 23:15 - Oct 21 by Mark

I want us to always play in blue at home, and away too where possible. It is our identity. I really hope tonight's shirt was a one off and not repeated.

You are only permitted once per season, so just got to hope we aren't on sky for the rest of the season.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Tradition Matters on 23:52 - Oct 21 with 3382 viewsAlanG296

Not wearing blue at Portman Road just did not look right. May be partly why there were so many misplaced passes, although credit to Derby who were often sharper to react.
Tradition Matters on 23:57 - Oct 21 with 3327 viewsstonojnr

tbf it was a Friday night ko at 8pm too...
Up yours. (n/t) on 00:08 - Oct 22 with 3263 viewsBloots

Tradition Matters on 21:25 - Oct 21 by GlasgowBlue

The only thing on display at Churchmans is a few tartan blankets.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Tradition Matters on 00:52 - Oct 22 with 3151 viewsBlue_Order

Tradition Matters on 22:05 - Oct 21 by J2BLUE

First thing they have got wrong IMO.

Not going to criticise as they've been amazing but I think as a one off this was completely understandable. Under Evans we didn't ever maximise marketing opportunities. The Ed Sheeran connection and the fact he designed the kit is probably now all over Twitter.

If we're not going to play in blue then it needs to be a big deal and today was IMO.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2022 22:19]

That’s fair enough mate, respect your opinion.

We’re not kicking up a fuss about it, and I don’t think the banner was over the top, but we wanted to let those in charge know that these things do matter to some of us, even if it is just one game.

As I posted before, to me it’s the precedent that it sets. If it’s accepted by the entire fanbase that we don’t mind changing colours, what comes next? It might well be nothing, but I think it’s important to let it be known the first time it happens that not everyone is happy about it.
Tradition Matters on 01:06 - Oct 22 with 3107 viewsFunge

Tradition Matters on 00:52 - Oct 22 by Blue_Order

We’re not kicking up a fuss about it, and I don’t think the banner was over the top, but we wanted to let those in charge know that these things do matter to some of us, even if it is just one game.

As I posted before, to me it’s the precedent that it sets. If it’s accepted by the entire fanbase that we don’t mind changing colours, what comes next? It might well be nothing, but I think it’s important to let it be known the first time it happens that not everyone is happy about it.

I'm with you.

We won, horrid game, 3 very big points, clearly the most important thing.

But we wear Blue and White at PR; that's it.

Wear whatever you like away; wear the black kit all season - fine.

Tradition absolutely matters.
Tradition Matters on 02:25 - Oct 22 with 3014 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Tradition Matters on 00:52 - Oct 22 by Blue_Order

Well you lost me with that.

I'm sure I'll get loads of down arrows for this, but when I heard about the banner (couldn't see it from where I was) I thought it was a disgrace.

Fair enough if you don't agree with the shirts, but to go to the effort of making a banner about it?! Not for me. This group have turned this club around and are bringing us out of the dark days. Why on earth would you attack that?! I don't mean they can do anything they want with our club and I'll just clap along, but FFS it's not a Cardiff. It's one game.

All your other banners have been superb, and I've taken part in every one. That banner was ridiculous and a disgrace. You don't speak for me with sh!t like that.

"We’re not kicking up a fuss about it" WTAF?! You went to the effort of making a banner.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Tradition Matters on 03:22 - Oct 22 with 2952 viewspointofblue

Tradition Matters on 02:25 - Oct 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'm sure I'll get loads of down arrows for this, but when I heard about the banner (couldn't see it from where I was) I thought it was a disgrace.

Fair enough if you don't agree with the shirts, but to go to the effort of making a banner about it?! Not for me. This group have turned this club around and are bringing us out of the dark days. Why on earth would you attack that?! I don't mean they can do anything they want with our club and I'll just clap along, but FFS it's not a Cardiff. It's one game.

All your other banners have been superb, and I've taken part in every one. That banner was ridiculous and a disgrace. You don't speak for me with sh!t like that.

"We’re not kicking up a fuss about it" WTAF?! You went to the effort of making a banner.

It's a gentle reminder that the club still has history and traditions beyond the current owners. Yes, we have a lot to be thankful for them for, but that doesn't mean they in turn shouldn't respect what the club means to the fan base.

Agreed, at this stage it's not a Cardiff scenario where the bluebirds went red, but there's no harm in a nod that some fans are against the idea of wearing anything but blue shirts at home.

As others said, wear it away for sure - we've got a game at Exeter coming up, plus Bracknell on free-to-air. At home? Unless the away side have had an issue with the laundry then no. Blue all the way.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tradition Matters on 04:47 - Oct 22 with 2870 viewssotd78

The club have changed tradition. For what? Money? To keep Ed happy? Maybe that is good enough. Personally I hate all the changes of traditional kit when not needed. Every club now does it. All for money. We're in pursuit of the play anytime, anywhere, in any kit so long as it is lucrative. Bah humbug.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Tradition Matters on 06:55 - Oct 22 with 2736 viewsBlueStreak

A disgrace?! Ffs have a day off. The state of the PA system is ten times the disgrace this is, and that isn’t even considered a disgrace. So dramatic.
Tradition Matters on 07:45 - Oct 22 with 2645 viewsBlueDouglas

Wasn't keen on the 3rd kit at all, but then I heard my nephew and his mates being all excited about getting it. These are young kids who were claiming to like arsenal or man City, but now are starting to turn their attention to town - so if an Ed Sheerhan black shirt on a Friday night sky game helps turn a few more I'm all for it. That being said I thought Blue Action made their point in a classy way fair play to them.
Someone’s got his knickers in a twist. (n/t) on 08:08 - Oct 22 with 2564 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Tradition Matters on 08:33 - Oct 22 with 2466 viewsAlanG296

Blue is not just tradition, it's part of the club's identity. Look at the history, the ground, the seats, the buildings, it's blue and that's our identity. Wearing a different colour at home to flog more shirts and bring in a sum of profit that in the context of the club's finances these days is chicken feed made the club look cheap.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024