Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? 17:52 - Oct 24 with 7004 viewsMiaow

The only one for me is Griffin Park.

My dad also went to Griffin Park, as well as the old Wembley, Layer Road, Reading's Elm Park, the old White Hart Lane and (I think) Brighton's Goldstone Ground.

I know that one of my grandads would have been to the Boleyn Ground / Upton Park.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 17:56 - Oct 24 with 3069 viewschicoazul

Wembley Upton Park WHL Layer Road Tiptree
Roots Hall is not long for this world

Edit; the Dell
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 18:25]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:00 - Oct 24 with 3045 viewsTheBoyBlue

Old Wembley and Highfield Road.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:00 - Oct 24 with 3045 viewsSteve_M

Griffin Park, Layer Road, Highbury, Boleyn Ground, Manor Ground, Maine Road, Millmoor.

Pretty sure I've missed one or two as well.

Edit: Old Wembley, White Hart Lane, Underhill.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2022 7:38]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:01 - Oct 24 with 3046 viewsFunge

Yes! Post of the Day.

Filbert St
Layer Rd
Maine Rd
Elm Park
Highbury
Old White Hart Lane
Boothferry Park
The Dell
Highfield Rd
Manor Ground
That weird hockey place that Wimbledon/ Franchise played at in 2004, presume that's a roundabout now

Probably a couple of others...

Edit - oh yeah, Upton Park and old Wembley too
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 18:02]
Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:02 - Oct 24 with 3029 viewsChurchman

Wembley, Highbury, White Hart Lane, Boleyn Ground, Griffin Park, The Dell, Highfield Road, Filbert St, Goldstone Ground, Elm Park, Baseball Ground.

Edit: add Eastville and The Den (how could I forget either of those for different reasons!?)
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 20:12]
Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:08 - Oct 24 with 2993 viewsPJH

Will have to have a think but a lot of those already mentioned plus Victoria Ground (Stoke), Eastville, original Den, Brightons hockey stadium-no doubt others
Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:10 - Oct 24 with 2984 viewsDinDjarin

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:02 - Oct 24 by Churchman

Wembley, Highbury, White Hart Lane, Boleyn Ground, Griffin Park, The Dell, Highfield Road, Filbert St, Goldstone Ground, Elm Park, Baseball Ground.

Edit: add Eastville and The Den (how could I forget either of those for different reasons!?)
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 20:12]

Wembley, Elm Park, Boothferry Park, Roker Park, Baseball Ground, The Den, Gay Meadow, Upton Park, Maine Road, Filbert Street

Sure there are a couple of others

Lots of parks in there though :-)
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 18:14]
Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:11 - Oct 24 with 2970 viewsFunge

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:10 - Oct 24 by DinDjarin

Wembley, Elm Park, Boothferry Park, Roker Park, Baseball Ground, The Den, Gay Meadow, Upton Park, Maine Road, Filbert Street

Sure there are a couple of others

Lots of parks in there though :-)
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 18:14]

Pride Park still very much there, Mon ami!
Login to get fewer ads

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:12 - Oct 24 with 2969 viewsTrequartista

The Hollies

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:12 - Oct 24 with 2973 viewsEastTownBlue

Millmoor, Layer Road, Filbert Street, the old WHL, Highbury, Christie Park, the Dell, Goldstone Ground, Griffin Park, Upton Ground, Manor Park, Maine Road.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 19:46]
Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:13 - Oct 24 with 2958 viewsDinDjarin

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:11 - Oct 24 by Funge

Pride Park still very much there, Mon ami!

Baseball Ground :-)

Got excited
Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:15 - Oct 24 with 2937 viewsKeno

Two not mentioned already

Goldstone
The Dell

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:17 - Oct 24 with 2917 viewsclive_baker

Wembley
Upton Park
Griffin Park
Layer Road
White Hart Lane
Maine Road

Not a lot really, unless I'm missing some
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 18:17]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:20 - Oct 24 with 2890 viewsMedwayTractor

Layer Road
Highfield Road
Maine Road
Upton Park
Highbury
White Hart Lane
Vetch Field
The Den
London Road (Maidstone United)
Wembley
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 22:25]

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:20 - Oct 24 with 2888 viewsIllinoisblue

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:15 - Oct 24 by Keno

Two not mentioned already

Goldstone
The Dell

The Dell was a very odd shaped ground. Good atmosphere though.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:20 - Oct 24 with 2888 viewsrgp1

Been to loads mentioned already. Does anyone remember a 4 -2 win at fellows Park Walsall in 1989? We stood on the side terracing. Big mich scored a couple that day.
Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:23 - Oct 24 with 2866 viewsDJR

In addition to quite a few mentioned, the original Wimbledon Plough Lane ground and Huddersfield.
Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:24 - Oct 24 with 2862 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wembley, Spurs White Hart Lane, Swans The Vetch, Reading Elm Park, Man City Maine Road, Bury Gigg Lane (not sure if it still exists after the re-structuring of Bury FC), there's a good argument for Molineux not being what it was (I've been to the old ground and the newer rotated version of it); Coventry Highfield Road, Derby's Baseball Ground, Cardiff's Ninian Park.

Can't think of any more off the top of me noggin, although I might have been to Bolton's Burnden Park , but memory a bit hazy on that one.

Edit - and Oxford's Manor Ground
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 18:32]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:26 - Oct 24 with 2832 viewsKeno

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:20 - Oct 24 by Illinoisblue

The Dell was a very odd shaped ground. Good atmosphere though.

Last time I was there we won 1-0, goal out of nothing very much against the run of play

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:28 - Oct 24 with 2824 viewsParisBlue

Quite a few mentioned already, plus:
Ayresome Park
Feethams
Town Mead
Queen Street (Horsham) :(

Probably loads of random non-league grounds
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 18:46]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:31 - Oct 24 with 2809 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Ayresome Park
Boothferry Park
Roker Park
Baseball Ground
Highfield Road
Maine Road
Goldstone Ground
Old Den
Boleyn Ground
White Hart Lane
Highbury
Elm Park
Griffin Park
Manor Ground
Filbert Street
The Dell
Victoria Ground
Leeds Road
Old Plough Lane
Christie Park (must be a few on here who went to the FA cup game there)
Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:33 - Oct 24 with 2787 viewsEwan_Oozami

Wembley
Plough Lane
Sandy Lane (Tooting & Mitcham)
Highbury
WHL
Upton Park
The Dell
Baseball Ground
Filbert Street
Loakes Park (old Wycombe Wanders ground)
Roker Park
Highfield Road
Maine Road
Underhill Staduim (Barnet)
The (Old) Den
County Ground (Northampton - the one that backed onto the cricket ground)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:35 - Oct 24 with 2777 viewsStenvict

Ninian Park

Poll: What will be announced first?

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:36 - Oct 24 with 2768 viewsazuremerlangus

Firs Park

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 18:36 - Oct 24 with 2766 viewsbluelagos

Wembley
Highbury
WHL
Upton Park
Brendford.
Highfield Rd
Derby
Layer Road
Stoke
Maine Rd
Filbert St
Gigg Lane
The Dell
Ninian Park
Morecambe

Bonus.
Turin one (Italia 90)
Cagliari (Italia 90)
Giants stadium (Usa 94)
Foxborugh (Boston) (Usa 94)

Edit. Withdean, Brighton. Although I think it's still there and used for athletics?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 20:28]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024