Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? 17:52 - Oct 24 with 7155 viewsMiaow

The only one for me is Griffin Park.

My dad also went to Griffin Park, as well as the old Wembley, Layer Road, Reading's Elm Park, the old White Hart Lane and (I think) Brighton's Goldstone Ground.

I know that one of my grandads would have been to the Boleyn Ground / Upton Park.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 10:43 - Oct 25 with 669 viewsbluelagos

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 10:18 - Oct 25 by FrankfurtBlue

All Town games, except Maidstone, Barnet and Galatasaray:

Closed Team Ground
1985 Clacton Town Old Road
1986 Bristol Rovers Eastville Stadium
1992 Maidstone United Watling Street
1993 Millwall The Den
1994 Northampton Town County Ground
1995 Middlesbrough Ayresome Park
1997 Bolton Wanderers Burnden Park
1997 Brighton and Hove Albion Goldstone Ground
1997 Derby County Baseball Ground
1997 Stoke City Victoria Ground
1997 Sunderland Roker Park
1998 Reading Elm Park
1998 Wimbledon Plough Lane
1999 Wigan Athletic Springfield Park
2000 – Wembley Stadium (1923)
2001 Oxford United Manor Ground
2001 Southampton The Dell
2002 Hull City Boothferry Park
2002 Leicester City Filbert Street
2003 Manchester City Maine Road
2005 Coventry City Highfield Road
2005 Swansea City Vetch Field
2006 Arsenal Highbury
2007 Shrewsbury Town Gay Meadow
2007 Galatasaray Ali Sami Yen
2008 Colchester United Layer Road
2009 Cardiff City Ninian Park
2013 Barnet Underhill Stadium
2016 West Ham United Boleyn Ground
2017 Tottenham Hotspur White Hart Lane

Can add Avenir Beggen to the list next year, as the Stade Josy Barthel is due to be demolished, although strictly speaking, it wasn't Beggen's home anyway.

I'm guessing you don't squeeze the toothpaste from the middle?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 11:24 - Oct 25 with 649 viewsBlueForYou

Kings Road (Bury Town). Does that count?

Others I went to years ago were
Boothferry Park
Plough Lane
The Dell
Goldstone Ground
Highfield Rd
Old Wembley
Highbury
Griffin Park
Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 11:25 - Oct 25 with 647 viewsBloomBlue

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 23:13 - Oct 24 by Churchman

The Selhurst Park Wimbledon one was cheeky. I could add that and trump you with Selhurst Park Charlton on that basis - and the old Valley before they returned 😃

I think the old Valley is acceptable if people are listing the old Wembley and White Hart Lane as both those are basically rebuilds of the old ground/stadium same as the valley.
Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 11:33 - Oct 25 with 645 viewsWeWereZombies

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 23:45 - Oct 24 by JamestownPrince

Wembley, White Hart Lane, Manor Ground, Highfield Road, Boothferry Park, Bootham Crescent, Seamer Road Scarborough, Ayresome Park, Roker Park, MKhockey stadium.. Feethams, Goodison Park soon.... my Dads cousins ashes were buried at the old Airdrie stadiums centre spot... it's Now where the Morrisons meat and fish counter is.

I've probably been to more greyhound tracks that no longer exist
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 23:47]

Ah, at last my excuse to post on this thread:

Peterborough Greyhound Stadium (ceased trading 2020)

And less significantly

Old Wembley
Victoria Ground, Stoke
Highbury (although Wikipedia calls it The Arsenal Stadium)

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 11:34 - Oct 25 with 647 viewsblueasfook

Layer Rd, Old Wembley, White Hart Lane, Highbury, Boothferry Park.

Carrow Rd (hopefully one day!)

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 11:44 - Oct 25 with 636 viewsSharkey

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 17:56 - Oct 24 by chicoazul

Wembley Upton Park WHL Layer Road Tiptree
Roots Hall is not long for this world

Edit; the Dell
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 18:25]

When are Southend due to move? roots hall is definitely a ground I need to see.
Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 12:07 - Oct 25 with 616 viewsRadlett_blue

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 11:44 - Oct 25 by Sharkey

When are Southend due to move? roots hall is definitely a ground I need to see.

The new ground at Fossetts Farm is theoretically to be used from 2024-25, but as a long suffering Southend fan told me, he isn't holding his breath. They do have planning permission, but this one's been in the pipeline since 1998.
Roots Hall used to be quite an interesting ground, but the sale of part of the huge South Bank plus the conversion to all seater haven't done much for its appeal.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 12:41 - Oct 25 with 599 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Several of those mentioned plus The Old Showground.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Login to get fewer ads

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 12:43 - Oct 25 with 597 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 10:43 - Oct 25 by bluelagos

I'm guessing you don't squeeze the toothpaste from the middle?

You are correct. I mostly copy and paste it from Wiki!
Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 13:06 - Oct 25 with 581 viewsxrayspecs

Which football grounds have you been to which no longer exist? on 23:13 - Oct 24 by Churchman

The Selhurst Park Wimbledon one was cheeky. I could add that and trump you with Selhurst Park Charlton on that basis - and the old Valley before they returned 😃

Indeed, it does not count.

On a similar vein, have seen Charlton at Upton Park and I believe Selhurst Park too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024