Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? 16:55 - Oct 28 with 2606 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Gotta pick up someone this evening, and short stay at Term 3 is £35 for 1 hour!!! Anyone got any tips? Can you just drive around for 30-40 minutes and then go to the pick up area when they text you?

Poll: would you rather

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 16:57 - Oct 28 with 2590 viewshomer_123

Park at Gatwick.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:01 - Oct 28 with 2544 viewsbluefunk

Which terminal?
Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:05 - Oct 28 with 2514 viewsStevieH

Can they get tube to Hatton cross or Hounslow west and pick up from there?
Just a couple of quid fare I would think
Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:07 - Oct 28 with 2509 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:05 - Oct 28 by StevieH

Terminal 3. Just seen that if you don't pre-book, 1 hour is £11.50. But £35 if you pre book. Crazy.

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:10 - Oct 28 with 2482 viewsbluelagos

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:05 - Oct 28 by StevieH

Was going to suggest that. Takes about 5 mins from Heathrow plus easier for you when waiting.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:17 - Oct 28 with 2447 viewsbluefunk

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:07 - Oct 28 by LegendofthePhoenix

Terminal 3. Just seen that if you don't pre-book, 1 hour is £11.50. But £35 if you pre book. Crazy.

There’s a car park at T3 which is accessed by taking an immediate left out of the tunnel and following the road round onto Cromer Road, where ther is a car park at the end before you join the one way system. It’s seldom full, an easy walk from T3 and cost me about £5 earlier this month, as I waited a couple of miles away and made sure they had their bags before I went to the car park.
Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:17 - Oct 28 with 2441 viewsHARRY10

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:07 - Oct 28 by LegendofthePhoenix

What's the difference between simply booking, and pre-booking ?
Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:19 - Oct 28 with 2443 viewsclive_baker

Can't you just hang around up somewhere nearby, even if it's 5 minutes away? Then swing by when you know they're ready for you. Can't remember the last time I drove to Heathrow but it's what I did at Stansted. Just waited in Takeley then drove down when he was ready.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:26 - Oct 28 with 2401 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:17 - Oct 28 by HARRY10

What's the difference between simply booking, and pre-booking ?

if you just turn up, its cheaper (but still £11.50 for an hour) .

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:42 - Oct 28 with 2352 viewsPinewoodblue

You could always arrange to pick them up at a nearby hotel and ask them To use hotelhoppa

Shouldn’t you have researched this before you agreed to pick up?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:46 - Oct 28 with 2339 viewsVaughan8

Just had a look and it says you get 30 mins free in the long stay car park.

Can they hop on the Long stay Car park bus ?
What did you do in the end? on 05:16 - Oct 29 with 1890 viewsPendejo

I was alerted to your post way too late to help

Did you use the website?
https://www.heathrow.com/transport-and-directions/heathrow-parking/terminal-3

Scroll to the bottom without following links, in pre-booked parking at Heathrow IS expensive, but nowhere near as costly as you think.

If you picked up from drop off zone please note there is still a charge for this, ANPR controlled, like the Dartford Crossing, ULEZ and C Charge.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 05:17 - Oct 29 with 1882 viewsPendejo

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 17:19 - Oct 28 by clive_baker

Can't you just hang around up somewhere nearby, even if it's 5 minutes away? Then swing by when you know they're ready for you. Can't remember the last time I drove to Heathrow but it's what I did at Stansted. Just waited in Takeley then drove down when he was ready.

Picking up from drop off zone still costs. There's now a minimum drop discharge at Heathrow

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 06:11 - Oct 29 with 1828 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 05:17 - Oct 29 by Pendejo

Picking up from drop off zone still costs. There's now a minimum drop discharge at Heathrow

Yes - I knew about that. I bit the bullet and parked in the short stay. Had to wait for 1 1/2 hours, which was £15. Cheers all for tips. LotP.

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 06:33 - Oct 29 with 1811 viewstractorhatter

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 06:11 - Oct 29 by LegendofthePhoenix

Yes - I knew about that. I bit the bullet and parked in the short stay. Had to wait for 1 1/2 hours, which was £15. Cheers all for tips. LotP.

It seems you've already done the pick up but not many people are aware of the free travel zone around Heathrow on public transport... It is for everyone's use but is mostly used by staff or people going to/from the airport hotels.
The tube is free around the Heathrow area up until Hatton cross which you could park nearby for a quick pick up. I tend to use the London buses for free which go under the Heathrow tunnel and along bath road (A4). I normally pick up and drop off at McDonalds which has a few hours wait time... Looking at 10 minutes maximum journey time

The link below has a map with the bus routes you can travel for free

https://www.businesstraveller.com/features/what-is-the-heathrow-free-travel-zone
Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 08:35 - Oct 29 with 1719 viewstivo

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 06:33 - Oct 29 by tractorhatter

It seems you've already done the pick up but not many people are aware of the free travel zone around Heathrow on public transport... It is for everyone's use but is mostly used by staff or people going to/from the airport hotels.
The tube is free around the Heathrow area up until Hatton cross which you could park nearby for a quick pick up. I tend to use the London buses for free which go under the Heathrow tunnel and along bath road (A4). I normally pick up and drop off at McDonalds which has a few hours wait time... Looking at 10 minutes maximum journey time

The link below has a map with the bus routes you can travel for free

https://www.businesstraveller.com/features/what-is-the-heathrow-free-travel-zone

Heathrow travel zone was removed in 2021 I believe, has it been restored?
Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 10:41 - Oct 29 with 1602 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone know how to pick up from Heathrow without paying £35? on 05:17 - Oct 29 by Pendejo

It’s been ages since I dropped/picked up from HRW. That’s ridiculous.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024