Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? 09:57 - Dec 11 with 3111 viewsITFCed

I’m going to start by saying that both players had their best game in a while. Burns wasn’t afraid to take on his man yesterday when in recent weeks, he has been cutting back and using the Centre Mid to whip the ball in most of the time. The one time he did that today, it led to the first goal. Hopefully going forward he will use that as a less common option so the opposition can not predict the tactic.

Chaplin was back to his best but this time it was from a different position, playing as the left 10 instead of the right 10. It opened up more space for him and he was also more adventurous with making late runs into the box.

My point is that it seems Burns and Chaplin have been below par when both playing on the right side of the pitch, they seem to be great friends off the pitch, could that have an effect on them not demanding more from each other or playing together had become stale and predictable? Aluko being fit gave McKenna a chance to freshen the 10s up which saw Chaplin as MOTM.

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 09:58 - Dec 11 with 3085 viewsDubtractor

I've seen some sound theories in my time, and then I've seen this one.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 10:00 - Dec 11 with 3060 viewsDyland

I don’t see how their off pitch friendship would impact negatively on their play, if anything the opposite.

Agree that both had good games though. One glaringly duff pass from Chappers aside, he looked so sharp and dangerous.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 10:01 - Dec 11 with 3049 viewsDyland

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 09:58 - Dec 11 by Dubtractor

A sounder response than mine tbf Dubbers

Top of the table with Burns having had a so so season! on 10:19 - Dec 11 with 2970 viewsunstableblue

Burns finally put in a performance akin to last season.

The run beating 2 men was superb, and we’ve missed that.

He seems much less dynamic and adventurous this season.

But we’re still top of the league.

Perhaps we’re going to get a rich vein of form from Burns - which would make us much more dangerous.

It was interesting to hear McKenna talk about the Chaplin switch in number 10 positions to freshen him up, all made possible by the return of an immediately in form Aluko.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 10:21 - Dec 11 with 2959 viewsBlueBadger

Christ alive. Ar you about to tell us that KM is too smarmy for you as an encore?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Top of the table with Burns having had a so so season! on 10:22 - Dec 11 with 2959 viewsDyland

Top of the table with Burns having had a so so season! on 10:19 - Dec 11 by unstableblue

Burns finally put in a performance akin to last season.

The run beating 2 men was superb, and we’ve missed that.

He seems much less dynamic and adventurous this season.

But we’re still top of the league.

Perhaps we’re going to get a rich vein of form from Burns - which would make us much more dangerous.

It was interesting to hear McKenna talk about the Chaplin switch in number 10 positions to freshen him up, all made possible by the return of an immediately in form Aluko.

I was amazed at how good Sone looked, not rusty at all. So good he’s fit again.

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 10:29 - Dec 11 with 2920 viewsDarth_Koont

Certainly freshened things up I thought.

Chaplin and Burns are both very direct players. But with Aluko slowing things down a little and also offering to take on the left back, we seemed to get back our overload on the right that we haven’t seen as much of this season.

Aluko also plays a little deeper so maybe Chaplin can be the one pushing into the box more as well. Harness has been doing that too but Chaplin is so sharp he really should be in there almost as a second striker. And certainly playing more central than floating around the right touchline.

Pronouns: He/Him

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 10:32 - Dec 11 with 2914 viewsITFCed

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 10:21 - Dec 11 by BlueBadger

Christ alive. Ar you about to tell us that KM is too smarmy for you as an encore?

Not at all, why would anyone not like KM?

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

Login to get fewer ads

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 10:35 - Dec 11 with 2905 viewsJ2BLUE

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 10:32 - Dec 11 by ITFCed

Because he kept mentioning Man U, days after joining us from...Man U.

Apparently this was the same as Lambert going on about Dortmund every day.

No, I don't know either...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 10:39 - Dec 11 with 2868 viewsMullet

There is always a downside to being top of the league

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 10:57 - Dec 11 with 2777 viewsKeno

Where’s Frimmers when you need him?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 11:48 - Dec 11 with 2609 viewsBlueBadger

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 10:57 - Dec 11 by Keno

Where’s Frimmers when you need him?

Crying in a corner somewhere because he WISHES he'd have thought of this toasty take.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 11:50 - Dec 11 with 2598 viewspointofblue

Any chance of people playing the ball, not the man?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 11:58 - Dec 11 with 2557 viewsFrimleyBlue

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 11:48 - Dec 11 by BlueBadger

Crying in a corner somewhere because he WISHES he'd have thought of this toasty take.

Tbh I Don't really understand the OP. In my opinion it would be easier for friends to rip the sht out of a friend if they're not doing enough.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 20:52 - Dec 11 with 2214 viewsPioneerBlue

this has brightened up my whole day, 🤭

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 00:53 - Dec 12 with 1973 viewsSpruceMoose

Wut?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 08:36 - Dec 12 with 1701 viewsRobTheMonk

Chaplin is at his best when he's in and around the box taking shots. Everything about his game (apart from his passing) is decent at this level.

Burns was back to being direct which is where he's at his best. Stood his man up and then put on the afterburners.
Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 11:49 - Dec 12 with 1534 viewsWickets

Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 10:32 - Dec 11 by ITFCed

True but you do seem to think playing with your mate is a problem !! What am i saying .
Chaplin/Burns partnership- too friendly? on 19:48 - Mar 4 with 691 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Good call from you, let's hope Chaplin doesn't hit his best form of the season whilst playing next to him. That would really come back to bite you on the bottom hole
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024