Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who has been our player of the half-season? 17:19 - Dec 26 with 960 viewsTractorFrog

I would be tempted to go with Leif Davis, because his position was one of the weak spots of last season and he has come in and been exceptional all season. Sam Morsy also deserves a mention for consistently being outstanding, while Conor Chaplin would be number three for me as he had a bit of a quiet run in the middle of the half-season but was a goal-scoring machine at the start and end of it. Lee Evans was also excellent when he played but missed quite a few matches, as has Marcus Harness albeit to a lesser extent, while Luke Woolfenden and Cameron Burgess have been extremely solid at the back. Freddie Ladapo and Christian Walton have had a few poor games but have been excellent in general. Meanwhile, the two best players of last season, Wes Burns and Janoi Donacien, have been a little disappointing. Humphreys and Edwards weren't expected to play a lot but have had spells in the side where they made a real difference.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Who has been our player of the half-season? on 17:21 - Dec 26 with 936 viewsJ2BLUE

Chaplin

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who has been our player of the half-season? on 17:25 - Dec 26 with 908 viewsDarth_Koont

So many candidates.

But Davis and a threatening left-hand side have been the big difference this season IMO. His crossing, corners and assists have been the cherries on top.

Pronouns: He/Him

Who has been our player of the half-season? on 17:25 - Dec 26 with 904 viewsSkip_Intro

Morsy...heartbeat of our team...end of...
Who has been our player of the half-season? on 17:29 - Dec 26 with 875 viewsjeera

Who has been our player of the half-season? on 17:25 - Dec 26 by Skip_Intro

Morsy...heartbeat of our team...end of...

I was thinking Morsy but then Davis has been a revelation following being close to written off early doors in a few quarters.

But there's a case for Donacien and for Chaplin. And for Evans...

It's nice to feel so spoilt for choice.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Who has been our player of the half-season? on 17:30 - Dec 26 with 875 viewsBigCommon

Has to be Davis for me.. But agree with everything you posted.. Had Evans stayed fit and carried on at the level he was early season. Then him and Morsy would push Davis close.
Good to see Evans back to his best today.
Burns, Aluko, Chaplin, and Ladapo look like they are coming into some good form at the right time, too. Which will hopefully bode well for the 2nd half of the season.
Who has been our player of the half-season? on 17:38 - Dec 26 with 821 viewsRyorry

I wouldn't want to single out any one player, for the reason you've already hinted at by mentioning so many players - in other words, I think what's been key is that we've been playing as a coherent, united *team* - which is of course down to KM. If pushed for one player, I'd say Morsy for ensuring his plans are for the most part superbly carried out on the pitch.

Apart from a few nervy moments, it was an absolute joy to watch today. What stands out for me as a major difference between this group of players under KM, and our previous squads under every other manager since Burley departed, is how *quick* we are - I don't just mean pace (tho that too of course), but how quick to 50-50 balls, to turn, to see a pass, players' constant quick thinking. Lovely :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Who has been our player of the half-season? on 17:42 - Dec 26 with 787 viewsxrayspecs

Evans has been superb and takes the pressure off Morsy. We look a better side with Evans in the team.
Who has been our player of the half-season? on 17:43 - Dec 26 with 772 viewschicoazul

Wolf. The only irreplaceable player in the team.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024