Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leif Davis 17:26 - Dec 26 with 5408 viewsMach_foreignBlue

How did we manage to persuade him to play for us? He's too good at this level.
Leif Davis on 17:32 - Dec 26 with 4705 viewsTrumptonBlue

Money?
Leif Davis on 17:33 - Dec 26 with 4694 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Leif Davis on 17:32 - Dec 26 by TrumptonBlue

Money?

Good enough to earn even more in the Championship.
Leif Davis on 17:33 - Dec 26 with 4683 viewsTrumptonBlue

Leif Davis on 17:33 - Dec 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

Good enough to earn even more in the Championship.

True. Partly money and partly that we have the best manager in the league, then.
Leif Davis on 18:23 - Dec 26 with 4422 viewsLeoMuff

I think he had a few injuries and only played a handful of first team games, we were taking a chance but most knew if he stayed fit he is at least a decent championship player.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Leif Davis on 18:33 - Dec 26 with 4369 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Leif Davis on 18:23 - Dec 26 by LeoMuff

I think he had a few injuries and only played a handful of first team games, we were taking a chance but most knew if he stayed fit he is at least a decent championship player.

His leaving for so little angered a number of Leeds fans.
Leif Davis on 18:41 - Dec 26 with 4289 viewscbower

We all know that recruitment is key. Get it right and you're made. Get it wrong, you're fcuked.

bluescouser

Leif Davis on 22:00 - Dec 26 with 3879 viewsBigCommon

The guarantee of regular first team football under a manager with a proven track record for developing some of football's brightest young talents. Would probably be part of it all.
We'll need to progress up the pyramid to hold onto players like Davis. But imo, his already worth a lot more than we paid for him. So, even though we shelled out what was considered an enormous fee for a LWB in L1. At the moment, it looks like money well spent.
Leif Davis on 22:04 - Dec 26 with 3837 viewsDJR

Six assists and fifty-eight chances created is some going.

Interestingly, I thought we hadn't managed to get him into the game in the last few matches, and our performances had suffered a bit in terms of chances created. But today we managed to get the ball to him in dangerous positions on numerous occasions. The return of Harness and Evans no doubt helped. And he generally always puts in a decent corner.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2022 22:05]
Login to get fewer ads

Leif Davis on 22:11 - Dec 26 with 3779 viewsWicklowBlue

Leif Davis on 18:41 - Dec 26 by cbower

We all know that recruitment is key. Get it right and you're made. Get it wrong, you're fcuked.

This, recruitment looking to the future and player development/growth. Along with selling the dream, the manager, playing regular minutes and no doubt salary and promotion bonus.

Recruitment with an eye to future development is key. You will win some and you will lose some but ever since the takeover our recruitment is on a different level from the "plugging holes/short term vision" under ME.

I'm excited to see who we sign in Jan....
Leif Davis on 22:33 - Dec 26 with 3650 viewsSimonds92

Leif Davis on 18:33 - Dec 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

His leaving for so little angered a number of Leeds fans.

I dont think it did really. He was 22 years old and had played around 30 senior games. He may have had a decent pedigree but it was a gamble on our part.
Leif Davis on 22:36 - Dec 26 with 3625 viewsWestover

He's our new Aaron Cresswell IMO.👍
Leif Davis on 22:50 - Dec 26 with 3524 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Leif Davis on 22:33 - Dec 26 by Simonds92

I dont think it did really. He was 22 years old and had played around 30 senior games. He may have had a decent pedigree but it was a gamble on our part.

My good mate is a Leeds fan and he wasn't happy with his departure. Plus I've seen their online comments following his departure and I was thinking: 'he may turn out to be somebody special for us'.

He's even better than I expected. With or without us he'll eventually land up in the Premier League.
Leif Davis on 23:05 - Dec 26 with 3406 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If he was better at crossing and finishing he wouldn't be at this level. I hope we can train him to improve of those and he won't be playing at this level while still being our player.

I think all our players are better now than they were 6 months ago. The possible exception is Burns but I think he is better this season than some credit him with.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Leif Davis on 23:08 - Dec 26 with 3388 viewsCrawfordsboot

Leif Davis on 22:04 - Dec 26 by DJR

Six assists and fifty-eight chances created is some going.

Interestingly, I thought we hadn't managed to get him into the game in the last few matches, and our performances had suffered a bit in terms of chances created. But today we managed to get the ball to him in dangerous positions on numerous occasions. The return of Harness and Evans no doubt helped. And he generally always puts in a decent corner.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2022 22:05]

Generally always 🤔
Honestly he was playing at a different level to everyone else today (n/t) on 23:20 - Dec 26 with 3312 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Leif Davis on 23:51 - Dec 26 with 3177 viewsSimonds92

Leif Davis on 22:50 - Dec 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

My good mate is a Leeds fan and he wasn't happy with his departure. Plus I've seen their online comments following his departure and I was thinking: 'he may turn out to be somebody special for us'.

He's even better than I expected. With or without us he'll eventually land up in the Premier League.

And SOME Ipswich fans have said the same about the likes of Dozzell, Dobra, Scott Fraser etc. Have a couple of mates that are Leeds fans and obsessed with anything Leeds, didn't really have much to say about him to be honest. We took an educated punt and its definitely paid off.
Leif Davis on 00:05 - Dec 27 with 3110 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Leif Davis on 23:51 - Dec 26 by Simonds92

And SOME Ipswich fans have said the same about the likes of Dozzell, Dobra, Scott Fraser etc. Have a couple of mates that are Leeds fans and obsessed with anything Leeds, didn't really have much to say about him to be honest. We took an educated punt and its definitely paid off.

Dozzell, Dobra that list can go on and on
Leif Davis on 07:08 - Dec 27 with 2712 viewsITFC_Forever

Leif Davis on 22:33 - Dec 26 by Simonds92

21, of which 9 were for Leeds and the rest for Bournemouth on loan.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Leif Davis on 07:30 - Dec 27 with 2641 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Agree, that's why promotions is just essential this season, as he and a few others are too good to play another season in League 1. All the players must be chomping at the bit to try playing in the Championship, but especially Davis, Walton, Woolfie, Evans, Morsy, Burns, Harness you'd think if we don't make it this season would consider moving - not that that's gonna happen. It just shows we are building a squad that is capable of playing in the championship, and some of those might fancy their chances in the Prem.

Poll: would you rather

Leif Davis on 08:27 - Dec 27 with 2459 viewsEly_Blue

Leif Davis on 22:11 - Dec 26 by WicklowBlue

This, recruitment looking to the future and player development/growth. Along with selling the dream, the manager, playing regular minutes and no doubt salary and promotion bonus.

Recruitment with an eye to future development is key. You will win some and you will lose some but ever since the takeover our recruitment is on a different level from the "plugging holes/short term vision" under ME.

I'm excited to see who we sign in Jan....

Yeah but we signed that crock Camara too so it’s just lucky innit………… 😜

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Leif Davis on 08:30 - Dec 27 with 2451 viewsDJR

Leif Davis on 23:08 - Dec 26 by Crawfordsboot

Generally always 🤔

Good point. Well made.
Leif Davis on 08:36 - Dec 27 with 2418 viewsMeadowlark

Leif Davis on 23:05 - Dec 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

If he was better at crossing and finishing he wouldn't be at this level. I hope we can train him to improve of those and he won't be playing at this level while still being our player.

I think all our players are better now than they were 6 months ago. The possible exception is Burns but I think he is better this season than some credit him with.

Agreed. I'm his biggest fan, but he wasted three good crossing opportunities in the second half. Maybe didn't look up before passing??
Leif Davis on 09:02 - Dec 27 with 2300 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Excellent but needs to improve his finishing.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Leif Davis on 10:27 - Dec 27 with 2055 viewsElephantintheRoom

Ahem. He was 22 and had played 30 games from memory. £1million for an injury-prone player was something of a gamble that may work out IF he stays fit. I suspect the reason Town paid so much for him is that he could play at a higher level than mid-table division 3. But they thought the same about Vincent-Young too, who may well be the second most expensive full back in division three.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Leif Davis on 10:44 - Dec 27 with 1981 viewsChrisd

Got to be a serious candidate for POTY currently. He’s been a terrific signing.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024