Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sitting with the home fans at an away game 14:15 - Jan 11 with 10709 viewsTractorgirlforever

Has anybody ever bought tickets for an away game but had to get the tickets with the home fans as there were no away tickets left?. Has there ever been trouble or do you just have to keep very quiet!
Sitting with the home fans at an away game on 01:03 - Jan 12 with 949 viewsDeepBlueSea

Sitting with the home fans at an away game on 00:39 - Jan 12 by DeepBlueSea

I sat in the Upper Barclay (or perhaps the other end; it was the upper tier behind the goal at any rate, for the 2-1 loss in the mid 90's. The one where we got given a penalty towards the end which was then retracted by the ref. I can't seem to find it any match details anywhere, can anyone remember?

https://www.prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=matchReport&day=19&month=11&

Ah found it..
Sitting with the home fans at an away game on 08:19 - Jan 12 with 843 viewsgosblue

I accidentally managed to get in the wrong end at Glasgow Rangers in 1981. Everyone knew each other so I stood out anyway. Once they’d sussed me out they were brilliant, sharing their hip flasks and cans of McEwans Export. They had nothing but admiration for that great Town side. I don’t remember getting to the train station afterwards.
In 2000 at Wembley I walked into a pub full of Barnsley fans in my blue shirt. I think I had temporary Tourette’s because I shouted BLUE ARMY!!! at the top of my voice. Next thing I know there’s a pint in my hand and the banter was brilliant. I’d travelled from up north and when one of them asked me how long it had taken me to get down, my immediate response was ‘Four f’ing years!’ (Some of you will get it). We had a good few beers and we had to run to make the kick off. I’m still in touch with a couple of the Barnsley lads.
More great days to come COYB
Sitting with the home fans at an away game on 08:39 - Jan 12 with 831 viewsKitman

I just won't do it. Once was enough. Sitting with the home support when you are one of the away is like being dead and in Hell.

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Sitting with the home fans at an away game on 09:28 - Jan 12 with 787 viewsbrazil1982

A few times, just be respectful. Sitting in the Chelsea home end was horrible (we lost 4-1 or 4-0 I think). Horrible fans.
Sitting with the home fans at an away game on 09:40 - Jan 12 with 780 viewsLeBlue

Most notable two for me were Oxford away, when we got promoted. There were definitely more Ipswich fans than Oxford fans in the area I was stood.

Most bizarre was Man Utd away, yes the 9-0 one. Mate and his Dad were Man U season ticket holders and couldn't go so me and the Mrs had the pleasure of sitting in the Stretford End for 90 minutes of total torture.
Sitting with the home fans at an away game on 12:49 - Jan 12 with 696 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

I do so for most away games as, with limited mobility, I can't stand for 2 hours.

Never had a problem although I do have to curb my natural instinct to celebrate when ITFC score.
Sitting with the home fans at an away game on 12:55 - Jan 12 with 669 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I’ve sat loads of times in the home end at Norwich. In years gone by, Ive celebrated goals without a problem, but you definitely need to be cuter now. You are far more likely to be ejected or end up in an altercation that frankly I just don’t need, so now I wouldn’t bother to go unless I can get tickets in the away end

Poll: Our final position

Sitting with the home fans at an away game on 13:31 - Jan 12 with 626 viewsFreddies_Ears

Sitting with the home fans at an away game on 12:49 - Jan 12 by Grumpy_Old_Man

I do so for most away games as, with limited mobility, I can't stand for 2 hours.

Never had a problem although I do have to curb my natural instinct to celebrate when ITFC score.

You can now opt to be in Town's Safe Seating area at away games, which is for anyone who wants to sit, and is used by quite a few older fans as well as some with mobility issues. Seats tend to be towards the front, at most grounds, though. This can now be selected when you buy your ticket online.
Login to get fewer ads

Sitting with the home fans at an away game on 13:40 - Jan 12 with 615 viewsCobboldCrusty

I've done it at Pboro and Chelsea in the past as well as Cambridge United last season. It's a different experience - you have to go in with a humble mindset and accept if Ipswich lose then it's going to be a bit of an unpleasant experience.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024