Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? 08:36 - Jan 12 with 7374 viewswrightsrightglove

Feel like the club should really make a thing of playing Edward Ebenezer just before kick off in home games. Loop the chorus three times and have a decent graphic with the words on on the big screen. Feel like it’s our only original song and could get the whole ground involved, kid friendly and catchy once you know the words. It would be good to encourage everyone to teach the words to their kids etc and get everyone involved.

Looping it would mean that everyone would be in time, I think when it’s sung by section 6, by the time it’s caught on and has reached the other parts of the ground there’s just enough time for people to sing ‘but everybody calls me Ted’ and then it’s done.
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:43 - Jan 12 with 4130 viewsitfc_jew

100%, I've been teaching my kids this over the last month.
They absolutely love it!
I sit in the sbl so don't take them often but when they do come I plan to just loop it with them all game 😌
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:45 - Jan 12 with 4121 viewsSheffordBlue

They should ask Sheeran to record a video version of it to put on the big screen. Given his pull if they released it it would probably get to No 1 in the charts......

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:52 - Jan 12 with 4087 viewsitfc_jew

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:45 - Jan 12 by SheffordBlue

They should ask Sheeran to record a video version of it to put on the big screen. Given his pull if they released it it would probably get to No 1 in the charts......

My name is..... Edward Ebenezer jeremiah sheeran
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:14 - Jan 12 with 3972 viewswrightsrightglove

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:43 - Jan 12 by itfc_jew

They absolutely love it!
I sit in the sbl so don't take them often but when they do come I plan to just loop it with them all game 😌

Yeah exactly, I think it’s a great way to get all parts of the ground singing, the older fans remember the original, and is so catchy for the younger fans. Certainly better and more relevant than the Beatles!
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:16 - Jan 12 with 3965 viewsSarge

I don't think a 1960s Carry On soundtrack really fits with the modern, dynamic football club vibe that Ashton & Co are aiming for.

I like that we actually have an original song but it's a pretty embarrassing one.
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:23 - Jan 12 with 3930 viewsSitfcB

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:43 - Jan 12 by itfc_jew

They absolutely love it!

Kid you not we sat in SARL against Rotherham and he sat there and belted out the whole thing whilst everyone else sat in silence

And he plays it in the car through the Bluetooth on repeat!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:41 - Jan 12 with 3876 viewswrightsrightglove

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:16 - Jan 12 by Sarge

I don't think a 1960s Carry On soundtrack really fits with the modern, dynamic football club vibe that Ashton & Co are aiming for.

I like that we actually have an original song but it's a pretty embarrassing one.

But surely more original and relevant than what they play now?
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:42 - Jan 12 with 3867 viewswrightsrightglove

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:23 - Jan 12 by SitfcB

Kid you not we sat in SARL against Rotherham and he sat there and belted out the whole thing whilst everyone else sat in silence

This is what we need more of!
Login to get fewer ads

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:43 - Jan 12 with 3861 viewsportmanking

I've got my 2 year old on the Edward Ebenezer hype train already. He's always asking Alexa to play "Come on the Town".
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:52 - Jan 12 with 3831 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:16 - Jan 12 by Sarge

There is nothing embarrassing about EEJB. It is a football song unique to Ipswich, like Bubbles at WHU or Scrimmage at the Scummers, and we should all be singing it regularly.

If everyone was more positive about actually vocally supporting the team when at Portman Road, the atmosphere would be even better. There is a reason that players mention the vocal support from the stands. It helps them, encourages them, and can be intimidating for the opposition.

Sing EEJB with pride!
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:58 - Jan 12 with 3813 viewsSarge

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:52 - Jan 12 by FrankfurtBlue

There is nothing embarrassing about EEJB. It is a football song unique to Ipswich, like Bubbles at WHU or Scrimmage at the Scummers, and we should all be singing it regularly.

If everyone was more positive about actually vocally supporting the team when at Portman Road, the atmosphere would be even better. There is a reason that players mention the vocal support from the stands. It helps them, encourages them, and can be intimidating for the opposition.

Sing EEJB with pride!

No opposition would be intimidated by EEJB because it’s the kind of song OAPs might sing on their bus trip to Margate. The West Ham and Norwich songs have both been mentioned on the ‘worst football chant’ thread recently so I’m not sure it’s in particularly great company!
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:01 - Jan 12 with 3764 viewswrightsrightglove

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:58 - Jan 12 by Sarge

No opposition would be intimidated by EEJB because it’s the kind of song OAPs might sing on their bus trip to Margate. The West Ham and Norwich songs have both been mentioned on the ‘worst football chant’ thread recently so I’m not sure it’s in particularly great company!

It doesn’t have to be intimidating. As others on this thread have mentioned, their kids love it, so it’s another positive experience for them if everyone bangs it out at Portman road and if it gets more people involved and willing to make some noise then it’s better than everyone just sitting there in silence like they currently do. Anything that encourages some noise and atmosphere and furthering the next generation’s interest in the club should be wholeheartedly welcomed IMO.
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:20 - Jan 12 with 3624 viewsJackNorthStand

Good shout. Edward Ebeneezer pre match, maybe you should put it to the club.

I am just wondering if playing it pre match every game with the words would take the magic off it a little bit?

I always think pre match songs work better when they are played just at the beginning to get the crowed singing then the music is stopped it so its just the fans singing.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 10:25]
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:26 - Jan 12 with 3574 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Surely, the point of going to a football stadium to support your team is to actually support them, even if a song doesn't meet your standards. Or is it better to sit there in silence, thinking this is embarrassing, waiting for something better to come along?
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:30 - Jan 12 with 3532 viewstextbackup

They 1 million percent should

It’s unique, it’s old skool, young’uns love it… there’s not a single negative.

Get it playing a few seconds before the players kick off, and we then carry it on into the first min of the match.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:30 - Jan 12 with 3529 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:52 - Jan 12 by FrankfurtBlue

Sing EEJB with pride!

Well said! Far more embarrassing to be singing versions of songs that every other club’s fans around the country also sing.
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:30 - Jan 12 with 3529 viewsfarkenhell

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:23 - Jan 12 by SitfcB

Well done Jr Sitters! The boy is certainly more in tune than me (although that's no benchmark).
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:31 - Jan 12 with 3526 viewswrightsrightglove

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:20 - Jan 12 by JackNorthStand

Good shout. Edward Ebeneezer pre match, maybe you should put it to the club.

I am just wondering if playing it pre match every game with the words would take the magic off it a little bit?

I always think pre match songs work better when they are played just at the beginning to get the crowed singing then the music is stopped it so its just the fans singing.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 10:25]

Could quite easily be done, 2 loops with the music and then the third loop could fade out from the start and then it can keep going for as many repetitions as it can. The words on a postcard could be sent out with junior blues memberships and the words on the screen can be stopped once everyone knows them.
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:32 - Jan 12 with 3518 viewstextbackup

Why the need to be intimidated by it? Surely it’s more us as fans galvanised singing in unison?

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:39 - Jan 12 with 3475 viewswrightsrightglove

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:32 - Jan 12 by textbackup

Why the need to be intimidated by it? Surely it’s more us as fans galvanised singing in unison?

Exactly, just getting people singing anything is a result, and hopefully would encourage them to carry on doing so throughout the match by reducing some peoples fear of getting involved
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:49 - Jan 12 with 3430 viewsJackNorthStand

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:31 - Jan 12 by wrightsrightglove

Could quite easily be done, 2 loops with the music and then the third loop could fade out from the start and then it can keep going for as many repetitions as it can. The words on a postcard could be sent out with junior blues memberships and the words on the screen can be stopped once everyone knows them.

I think this is a good idea. Email the club, Scott Paul is the person to contact.
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:50 - Jan 12 with 3416 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

The club did an online vote for music to be used in the ground on match days last summer. Was a good way to signal their intentions of communicating more with the fans, but I'd like to see us push on from there.

Would be good for them to set up some kind of panel with a wide cross section of fans to really find out what we want to hear and what would help the atmosphere. Blue Action should be involved in that, but also fans right across the generations and in different areas of the ground. We're not all going to agree on what we want to hear, but if they put some time and effort into creating a pre and post game mix, you'll satisfy most and the atmosphere will benefit.

Always liked EEJB, and do think there is a place for Singing the Blues somewhere too. One of the few things I enjoyed of the Evans era was hearing Enter Sandman before kick off. I also saw a suggestion of Story of the Blues post-match recently, which I'm not against. We just need to have a real dialogue about it all with the club, up the production value a little bit and get that sense of identity you get from having a few regular anthems mixed nicely with a rotation of other stuff.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:53 - Jan 12 with 3409 viewstextbackup

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:39 - Jan 12 by wrightsrightglove

Exactly, just getting people singing anything is a result, and hopefully would encourage them to carry on doing so throughout the match by reducing some peoples fear of getting involved

Every single song we sing is copied, this is ours

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 11:01 - Jan 12 with 3385 viewsSteve_M

Sheepy did that with 'Singing the Blues' and it felt forced whereas when we first sung that, organically, against Norwich it was excellent.

I'm not sure it works in the way you suggest, much better when it's sung organically.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 11:01 - Jan 12 with 3378 viewsJackNorthStand

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:50 - Jan 12 by SlippinJimmyJuan

The club did an online vote for music to be used in the ground on match days last summer. Was a good way to signal their intentions of communicating more with the fans, but I'd like to see us push on from there.

Would be good for them to set up some kind of panel with a wide cross section of fans to really find out what we want to hear and what would help the atmosphere. Blue Action should be involved in that, but also fans right across the generations and in different areas of the ground. We're not all going to agree on what we want to hear, but if they put some time and effort into creating a pre and post game mix, you'll satisfy most and the atmosphere will benefit.

Always liked EEJB, and do think there is a place for Singing the Blues somewhere too. One of the few things I enjoyed of the Evans era was hearing Enter Sandman before kick off. I also saw a suggestion of Story of the Blues post-match recently, which I'm not against. We just need to have a real dialogue about it all with the club, up the production value a little bit and get that sense of identity you get from having a few regular anthems mixed nicely with a rotation of other stuff.

Singing the blues. Awful
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024